Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm the guy who uses Kimahri all the time and always builds him as an Auron Lulu hybrid and it's always fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so PSN suddently won't take my debit card. it says shits wrong with info but there isn't and i reinstalled my card like 5 times and still nothing. is this happening to anyone else since the update? because i have never had that issue before.

Have fun buying prepaid cards for the rest of your life.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Tekken 7 is installed, I just need to get off work and play it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so PSN suddently won't take my debit card. it says shits wrong with info but there isn't and i reinstalled my card like 5 times and still nothing. is this happening to anyone else since the update? because i have never had that issue before.

That's just something that happens occasionally, usually it's because there's been an error during a transaction, including one so minor that you wouldn't even notice it, so the account gets flagged as 'don't allow them to buy anything for like a week just in case'. It's annoying and PSN is dumb.
The only way around it is to buy money cards and hope your account gets unflagged sooner rather than later.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sakurazuka posted:

That's just something that happens occasionally, usually it's because there's been an error during a transaction, including one so minor that you wouldn't even notice it, so the account gets flagged as 'don't allow them to buy anything for like a week just in case'. It's annoying and PSN is dumb.
The only way around it is to buy money cards and hope your account gets unflagged sooner rather than later.

gently caress. this is why i just buy in stores or amazon. loving psn. i mean i have been using this card since forever and have changed nothing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The error can be something as minor as 'website takes 0.05 seconds longer than it was expecting to respond' its super dumb

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The error can be something as minor as 'website takes 0.05 seconds longer than it was expecting to respond' its super dumb

true. i kinda of assume its my poo poo internet mixed with ps4 update. but its still like that when i use phone app or online. so idk.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Check your billing address carefully sometimes it will delete pieces of it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Check your billing address carefully sometimes it will delete pieces of it

yeah. it keeps deleating my security code. and even when i fill it out again and again. it never saves it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Haven't people said that if you call Sony about it they just deny it could be on their end and tell you to call your bank?

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

veni veni veni posted:

Haven't people said that if you call Sony about it they just deny it could be on their end and tell you to call your bank?

This is a pro customer service rep move.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

call center people gotta make their own fun

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Credit card auth isn't always simple to determine why something was rejected. If Sony's system is as sketchy as everything else about PSN, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they'd need a web developer to dig into the log(assuming they even logged the error code) to tell them why it was declined. I also wouldn't be surprised if their CC auth verification is pegged at 10 instead of just a zip code/ccv(which is all most companies do) because of the hack and that's super unreliable. Credit card processor could just have out-of-date or incorrect address info and that will cause a decline. It's especially hosed because banks don't have to share any info they don't want to, update it whenever they feel like it and anything between two banks in different countries is just a crap shoot. The saved billing address info on PSN getting randomly scrambled is just scary-stupid.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Obsurveyor posted:

Credit card auth isn't always simple to determine why something was rejected. If Sony's system is as sketchy as everything else about PSN, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they'd need a web developer to dig into the log(assuming they even logged the error code) to tell them why it was declined. I also wouldn't be surprised if their CC auth verification is pegged at 10 instead of just a zip code/ccv(which is all most companies do) because of the hack and that's super unreliable. Credit card processor could just have out-of-date or incorrect address info and that will cause a decline. It's especially hosed because banks don't have to share any info they don't want to, update it whenever they feel like it and anything between two banks in different countries is just a crap shoot. The saved billing address info on PSN getting randomly scrambled is just scary-stupid.

yeah. it sucks. i am not in a rush to buy the stuff and i can find it much cheaper else where. but this makes me happy i just buy on amazon or in weird mom and pop shops now.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. it sucks. i am not in a rush to buy the stuff and i can find it much cheaper else where. but this makes me happy i just buy on amazon or in weird mom and pop shops now.

Well, if it helps: You can just buy the PSN cards on Amazon and they email you the code. It's not ideal because of the values but at least it's not a trip to the store or dealing with random declines.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I had a lot of trouble on the store with my official Sony Playstation credit card at first. Plenty of bouncing back between customer service lines.

Eventually, I called Capital One and had them change my address so that it was all on one line, with minimal punctuation, and it's worked ever since.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sony locked out my card for a day not too long ago and it was most likely because I tried to make a purchase from work instead of home and that was too suspicious.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

haveblue posted:

Sony locked out my card for a day not too long ago and it was most likely because I tried to make a purchase from work instead of home and that was too suspicious.

That wouldn't have been Sony, but your bank.

Has anyone else with a Pro noticed it being really loud since the last patch update? Mine is almost as loud as my 360 now and I don't see any dust or anything, so I'm not sure what else it could be.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Morby posted:

It worked for other purchases in the meantime, as evidenced by me buying the thing I wanted by using the same card to buy a PSN code on Amazon right then and there.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

haveblue posted:

Isn't that what two factor authorization is for? When you try to login from a new device it should send a message to your cellphone.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

How long do I need for that opening section of Nier: A where you can't save?

I guess the blessing of suspend/resume makes that not really an issue but I am curious.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
~30 minutes if you don't poke through every nook and cranny. You can revisit that area later.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Morby posted:

Has anyone else with a Pro noticed it being really loud since the last patch update? Mine is almost as loud as my 360 now and I don't see any dust or anything, so I'm not sure what else it could be.

I haven't. Summertime? Had it gotten warmer by you?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Have fun buying prepaid cards for the rest of your life.

this is literally what I started doing after the ps3 wouldn't take my card for ages

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
or use paypal

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Obsurveyor posted:

Well, if it helps: You can just buy the PSN cards on Amazon and they email you the code. It's not ideal because of the values but at least it's not a trip to the store or dealing with random declines.

thanks. i might. as i said. i usually buy hard copy games, because install time is bitch already. guess i won't buy online anymore.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah 99% of CC issues are with the address. I forgot how I finally fixed mine. It was something dumb. Like, how an address gets abbreviated. I remember copying my address letter by letter from my tax statement and that still didn't work

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Twibbit posted:

or use paypal

please don't troll the ps4 thread

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Feenix posted:

I haven't. Summertime? Had it gotten warmer by you?

It has gotten warmer, yeah. I ended up cleaning the fans. There wasn't a lot of dust in there at all, but that seemed to do the trick. It sounded like a Mach truck on the system menu. Now I'm playing Tekken 7 and it's quiet like usual.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Twibbit posted:

or use paypal

If your card is getting rejected and you try and use PayPal attached to the same card/bank account it'll reject that too.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/06/02/join-ps-plus-and-get-a-copy-of-star-wars-battlefront-premium-edition/#sf84512541

That's kinda jivey for people who already have a PS + subscription.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I was gonna say that's not a bad deal I guess for extending your subscription a year but then saw the * lol. If you have PS+ but it's expiring soon are you just lucky and able to claim it, or what?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

am i missing something or why is Dirt only $40 on amazon

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why didn't they just get that on ps+ if they were gonna do this at all. that's a weird thing they're doing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They probably want to drum up more subscriptions and the agreement to cover a few thousand new people is probably much cheaper than trying to license it for every PS+ subscriber.

Like, it says it's "while supplies last" for a digital download code so they probably only bought so many

Also it doesn't look like it applies to the US:

quote:

To be eligible for this promotion you must not currently have an active PlayStation Plus subscription on your account.

This promotion is only available in the following Stores: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 3, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

If your card is getting rejected and you try and use PayPal attached to the same card/bank account it'll reject that too.

Uh, It shouldn't unless it is actually being denied to to lack of funds in which case you have bigger problems than not being able to buy a game on Psn.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also it doesn't look like it applies to the US:

Yeah, Europe+ promotions do that sometimes.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

does deadpool stutter a lot on PS4 or should i go back to gamestop and exchange the disc because it's pretty fuckin annoying

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

does deadpool stutter a lot on PS4 or should i go back to gamestop and exchange the disc because it's pretty fuckin annoying

If you're talking about the game then it will have been copied to the hard drive, it's not running really anything off the disc so exchanging it shouldn't change anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Any Titanfall 2 owners had trouble updating the game to version 1.07? Just fails to download after trying for a second. Cleared out all previous download/upload notifications. And on that point I'm really disappointed that Sony got rid of the ability to delete any other kind of notification. So many expired invite notifications I can't get rid of. You can get rid of notifications for downloads/uploads, and yet it will still bug out and fail any uploads if you have too many upload notifications still hanging around without deleting.