Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"Lars is alive!"

... that's the last time I do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Covok posted:

Makes you wonder why gems don't wear armor.

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that gems are solar powered so they can't/shouldn't be covered?

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 3, 2017

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

gmq posted:

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that gems are solar powered so they can't/shouldn't be covered?
I'm pretty sure all we have on that is that baby Stephen kept uncovering his gem, and Greg wondered aloud, "Does your gem need to... breathe?"

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

gmq posted:

Yeah this is just a thread theory based on the quote from Greg and the fact that gems have "bodies made of light"

Although it's weird that Steven keeps his gem covered most of the time now :tinfoil:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Yeah Rose had some armor. Im assuming that as soon as they got the Tazer sticks there was no reason to have armor anymore.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Hihohe posted:

Yeah Rose had some armor. Im assuming that as soon as they got the Tazer sticks there was no reason to have armor anymore.

Would wrapping a gem in meat protect them from destablizers?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Even though Steven is meat it still went throughout his body. So probably not.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Does anyone remember in the early 2000s when somethingawful crowdsourced 20,000 dollars for buying armor plates for soldiers because the actual US army was doing some "if you want armor you need to buy it yourself" thing?

The gem army seems like it'd be like that x10,000. If a gem or something went into battle I bet they'd have all sorts of fancy armor and force fields and magic amulets and whatever but everyone lower down is replaceable so why buy armor for them?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Steven universe soundtrack is good. On Google play music and iTunes.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Yes, but only if you reinforced their light-bodies with meat. You know, like Steven.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

Peridot has her little visor thing.

e: wait that reformed with the rest of her after she was poofed so I guess that's not armor/another exterior enhancer.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Hihohe posted:

I always assumed that the Armor of the Fallen was used to make gem shard golems.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

TwoPair posted:

Peridot has her little visor thing.

e: wait that reformed with the rest of her after she was poofed so I guess that's not armor/another exterior enhancer.

Probably works like Garnet's sunglasses

EasyEW posted:

I always assumed that the Armor of the Fallen was used to make gem shard golems.

or Rose had humans in her army

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

EasyEW posted:

It feels like a dropped plot point but early on they talked about humans fighting in the war.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It feels like a dropped plot point but early on they talked about humans fighting in the war.

What can I say, Frybo really stuck with me.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
I may have too much time on my hands.

original

original

original

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Make a tumblr immediately. Dril tweets mashed up with something else is an entire genre over there, these will get notes like crazy

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

e: ^ ^ someone beat you to it ages ago

That reminds me, driluniverse is updating again.

e2:

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 3, 2017

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
We already know Lars can theoretically go through the portals since Steven's able to pull his hand through his hair. What happens if Lars goes inside Lion and then tries to leave though the Lars exit?????

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
Okay, sure, let's go with that!

Argue posted:

We already know Lars can theoretically go through the portals since Steven's able to pull his hand through his hair. What happens if Lars goes inside Lion and then tries to leave though the Lars exit?????
Reality implodes, "Say Uncle" becomes canon.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Argue posted:

Kazy posted:

No one is asking the real question:

What would happen if Lars went in through Lion's mane and out his own head?

Someone replied "temporal paradox" to my question but it would be a spatial paradox! :science:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Argue posted:

The only air in the hole is that which enters when the hole is opened. It contains enough air to supply one Medium creature or two Small creatures for 10 minutes. The cloth does not accumulate weight even if its hole is filled. Each portable hole opens on its own particular nondimensional space. If a bag of holding is placed within a portable hole, a rift to the Astral Plane is torn in that place. Both the bag and the cloth are sucked into the void and forever lost. If a portable hole is placed within a bag of holding, it opens a gate to the Astral Plane. The hole, the bag, and any creatures within a 10-foot radius are drawn there, the portable hole and bag of holding being destroyed in the process.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Covok posted:

They have a thing about covering up their gems I'm guessing judging by baby steven. I mean it would make it difficult to use some of their abilities.

Plus their bodies are redundant hard light constructs and the risk of your actual gem getting physically damaged is pretty minimal (but not totally impossible)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
If gems need sunlight how can outcasts survive for probably tens of thousands of years underground.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mystery solved.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
We had a saying back in Kindergarten: It somethings sad, it's usually the Blue Diamond. Although seriously I did like the Diamond's body language during the argument - Yellow sits steadfast refusing to even entertain the notion that anything being said makes sense, while Blue Diamond is getting sucked into the logic, leaning towards her while processing all this neatly presented logical flaws in the official story that she never even thought to question, realising that it's valid and that Zircon has made a drat good point that needs further investigation. I also loved that Zircon didn't know what she would end up saying - she just followed the breadcrumbs and walked right into a rhetorical landmine at the worst possible time in her entire career.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jun 3, 2017

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hope Blue stops Yellow from shattering Blue Zircon.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It would be great for the next time we see Yellow Diamond she's come to Earth to find Blue Diamond working with both teams of Crystal Gems, the off-colours and Lars, and her Zircon to investigate the site of Pink's shattering.

"What do you think you are doing, Blue? You've gone missing for weeks and now you joined them?!"

"I haven't joined anything! They were the only beings in the universe who were willing to help me reach the truth, Yellow! You can either help us out or get out of my way!"

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

BioEnchanted posted:

It would be great for the next time we see Yellow Diamond she's come to Earth to find Blue Diamond working with both teams of Crystal Gems, the off-colours and Lars, and her Zircon to investigate the site of Pink's shattering.

"What do you think you are doing, Blue? You've gone missing for weeks and now you joined them?!"

"I haven't joined anything! They were the only beings in the universe who were willing to help me reach the truth, Yellow! You can either help us out or get out of my way!"

I wanna see this both cause Blue seems to just want answers and closure, and also I wanna see what Blue Pearl is all about. She's precious and just wants to make her big sad master happy. Also she doesn't seem to care about any of the Yellow hierarchy and their dumb crap. Whenever by herself she just seems to do whatever, never listening to the other pearl or just doodling random stuff when she should be doing courtroom sketches

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

TwoPair posted:

I knew Greg would be in the game, but I thought he was only going to be a bard-type character. But now I see that I can use Greg to kill monsters with the power of rock and I'm even more excited. :rock:

I've always wondered why another race didn't just use sonic vibrations to shatter jems. I mean, hey! There you go, fighting AND singing at the same time!

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 3, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Something I wouldn't be surprised to see would be Earth giving Blue Pearl the courage to speak up to Blue Diamond without being spoken to first, and finally initiate a conversation that Blue has desperately needed for millenia. She is the only gem in the universe who truly gets her, she just needs the courage to admit that she knows Blue's fears and weaknesses and help talk her through them.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I'm up to season 2 of this show. Is Peridot supposed to be autistic or something? Does she get less grating?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

underage at the vape shop posted:

I'm up to season 2 of this show. Is Peridot supposed to be autistic or something? Does she get less grating?

She's literally not human?

But yes she gets less 'grating'

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

She's literally not human?

Ok you got me there.

E: Watching on, shes already a lot less irritating. Guess it was just for her first few episodes!

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 3, 2017

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
I would call Peridot autistic, in the same sense that I would call Garnet black, Pearl gay, and Rose dead

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Rasamune posted:

I would call Peridot autistic, in the same sense that I would call Garnet black, Pearl gay, and Rose dead

Not dead but definitely dead-coded.

...wait that actually is her.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Rose is dead. CN just doesn't let them say the word.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Covok posted:

Rose is dead. CN just doesn't let them say the word.

They say "kill" and "die" all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Steven is just Rose's cross-gender baby roleplay.