Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm porm ama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

AkumaHokoru posted:

This here is why we can't make progress how do you explain things to someone who will dismiss it because of their feelings about it instead of reality

That car is blue

No, I feel that it's more of a red

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

I will have one LESBIAM please.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Lesbima'am *tips cowboy hat*

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

AkumaHokoru posted:

This here is why we can't make progress how do you explain things to someone who will dismiss it because of their feelings about it instead of reality

But that's what liberals do :smug:

There's no point in communicating with these people. they got poo poo for brains. American politics can only be worked out by one thing: Public. Chessboxing.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
hmbol at mifl

Hey, I live in Portland, OR. Know what never happened here before this election? Fanatical, alt-right, pro-militia, anti-government wannabe-soldiers holding rallies here. This weekend, the Oath Keepers are holding one and they're trying to recruit as many members as possible to make it to Portland. One of the most liberal cities in the country. Getting flooded with a bunch of pudgy, middle-aged white men with Oakley Blades, tactical vests, and telescopic batons looking for trouble by antagonizing Portlanders. Worse, their wording in their recruitment emails sounds very "wink-wink, bring your 'protection' with you this weekend" as if they're preparing for violence. Worse yet, having a concealed carry permit in Oregon also allows you to open carry. We're going to have tons of THESE guys walking around downtown Portland looking for a fight.

This is not normal or ok. These people freak me out.

...lol?

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
What is it with [some] Americans and guns? Seems like such a weird thing to get hung up on.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Mr Underhill posted:

What is it with [some] Americans and guns? Seems like such a weird thing to get hung up on.

It lets weak people feel stronger.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

THIS IS MY RIFLE! THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE! OORAH! OORAH! OORAH!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think anyone who dresses like that should be drafted to the front lines of whatever our middle eastern war of the day is, so they can see what a real firefight is like

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mr Underhill posted:

They're nice if you live in the country and want to go hunting, or need to shoot coyotes or something.

They're also nice if you're batshit crazy and think that FEMA is going to start a race war and that you'll need to be heavily armed and store guns hidden in your walls.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Mr Underhill posted:

Outside of third-world nations literally in civil war and/or ongoing genocide, America is the only country in existence with such insanely unregulated access to guns like we have in most states. Which is why so many crazy fuckers are absurdly fanatical about their guns, as if it's their religion.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Catastrophe posted:

Getting flooded with a bunch of pudgy, middle-aged white men with Oakley Blades, tactical vests, and telescopic batons looking for trouble by antagonizing Portlanders.

Sorry about your prosopagnosia.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mr Underhill posted:

The gun is good. The penis is bad.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Catastrophe posted:

hmbol at mifl

Hey, I live in Portland, OR. Know what never happened here before this election? Fanatical, alt-right, pro-militia, anti-government wannabe-soldiers holding rallies here. This weekend, the Oath Keepers are holding one and they're trying to recruit as many members as possible to make it to Portland. One of the most liberal cities in the country. Getting flooded with a bunch of pudgy, middle-aged white men with Oakley Blades, tactical vests, and telescopic batons looking for trouble by antagonizing Portlanders. Worse, their wording in their recruitment emails sounds very "wink-wink, bring your 'protection' with you this weekend" as if they're preparing for violence. Worse yet, having a concealed carry permit in Oregon also allows you to open carry. We're going to have tons of THESE guys walking around downtown Portland looking for a fight.

This is not normal or ok. These people freak me out.

...lol?

these the kinda guys to get real mad if trump is impeached.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mammal Sauce posted:

im the circle around teh black guy

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Mr Underhill posted:

i'm pretty sure if some republican was like "we think the standards for getting a drivers license and buying a car are way too low, we want to make it harder! Too many people are getting hurt and dying on the roads because of car crime!" you'd see a ton of them nodding their heads and getting on board with that.

but if a liberal wants to make it harder for mentally ill people to buy guns, and stricter reporting on private gun sales, the whole republican base gets their pitchforks and marching boots ready.

my new dog posted:

these the kinda guys to get real mad if trump is impeached.

oh if he gets impeached there will be a whoooooole lot of people gathering around wal-mart parking lots getting pissed off.

there won't be a lot of riots in cities though, basically every city will look like their major sports team won; people drinking champagne in the streets and stuff

Tumble fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 3, 2017

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Mammal Sauce posted:

idk but i'm expecting the unarmed black guy with an "UNARMED CIVILIAN" shirt and a camera isn't with the tacticlol brigade.

Black folk are buying more guns tho http://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/age-trump-producing-more-black-gun-owners-n758211

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no matter how many small arms an individual has, they are still powerless to resist the state. so, security blankets.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Nuclearmonkee posted:

idk but i'm expecting the unarmed black guy with an "UNARMED CIVILIAN" shirt and a camera isn't with the tacticlol brigade.

Black folk are buying more guns tho http://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/age-trump-producing-more-black-gun-owners-n758211

that story right there will get republicans on board with gun control lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tumble posted:

that story right there will get republicans on board with gun control lol

aka the reason california is militantly anti-gun

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Outside of third-world nations literally in civil war and/or ongoing genocide, America is the only country in existence with such insanely unregulated access to guns like we have in most states.

Hey, you know what's legal now? Due to loopholes and verrrrry carefully skirting the edge of what's legal, things like the Mossberg 590 Shockwave. In the past, this would have been called a "sawed off shotgun" due to it having a total barrel length of 14". It's tiny.

Guess what? This week, I picked one up. The shop owner actually called the ATF when it arrived because he thought I was trying to buy the legal equivalent of a machine gun. They informed him it's absolutely A-OK. Handed over money, signed a piece of paper, and walked out the door.

No background check.
No waiting period.
No prerequisites.
No extensive paperwork.

It was easy enough to make me uneasy. ANYone in Oregon could do the same as long as they aren't a felon or been institutionalized. The ATF is still trying to decide if they'll allow them to be ok for concealed carry. Some crazy dude looking for a reason to use it could be walking down the street with a freaking 12 gauge shotgun in his backpack. Insane. Insane, I tell you. As a person who owns some guns, I have to say that gun laws in this country are stupid and broken and need to be revised.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sometimes you just need to immediately get your hands on a gun that exists for no other reason than to kill people. :shrug:

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

I can't wait to kill them in Far Cry 5.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/870693471677329409

"But you're all Christians?"

lol

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Catastrophe posted:

Hey, you know what's legal now? Due to loopholes and verrrrry carefully skirting the edge of what's legal, things like the Mossberg 590 Shockwave. In the past, this would have been called a "sawed off shotgun" due to it having a total barrel length of 14". It's tiny.

Guess what? This week, I picked one up. The shop owner actually called the ATF when it arrived because he thought I was trying to buy the legal equivalent of a machine gun. They informed him it's absolutely A-OK. Handed over money, signed a piece of paper, and walked out the door.

No background check.
No waiting period.
No prerequisites.
No extensive paperwork.

It was easy enough to make me uneasy. ANYone in Oregon could do the same as long as they aren't a felon or been institutionalized. The ATF is still trying to decide if they'll allow them to be ok for concealed carry. Some crazy dude looking for a reason to use it could be walking down the street with a freaking 12 gauge shotgun in his backpack. Insane. Insane, I tell you. As a person who owns some guns, I have to say that gun laws in this country are stupid and broken and need to be revised.

Serious question: What if you were voluntarily institutionalized?

Asking for a friend

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

do u know jenny posted:

Serious question: What if you were voluntarily institutionalized?

Asking for a friend

Depends. In Oregon the exact wording on the form is "Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective or have you been civilly or criminally committed to a mental institution?"

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Catastrophe posted:

No background check.
No waiting period.
No prerequisites.
No extensive paperwork.

Yup, pretty much. I have no problem whatsoever with access to guns. But that access must be heavily regulated with comprehensive background checks, no dangerously stupid loopholes, no ridiculously high-powered weapons that civilians should never be able to own, etc. Owning a gun is perfectly fine, but having virtually unchecked and unfettered access in most respects is just the most insane thing.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr Havafap posted:

Napoleon wasn't short though (1.68m/5'6").
Napoleon complex is about delusions of grandeur, not so much about height.

Lol if ur 5'6" Ur a short little manlet

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Yup, pretty much. I have no problem whatsoever with access to guns. But that access must be heavily regulated with comprehensive background checks, no dangerously stupid loopholes, no ridiculously high-powered weapons that civilians should never be able to own, etc. Owning a gun is perfectly fine, but having virtually unchecked and unfettered access in most respects is just the most insane thing.

My man.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
What's with all these videos of people loving?! I come to pormhub for porm.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

That's Minnesota, rear end.

Wisconsin is on the Henti bandwagon.

Lol whoops I even looked it up, corrected myself, then still wrote the wrong one

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Catastrophe posted:

Depends. In Oregon the exact wording on the form is "Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective or have you been civilly or criminally committed to a mental institution?"

I mean technically if someone gets treated for ADHD it falls into the category of "mentally defective". And there is quite a difference between "guy who inherited depression from his father's genetics" and "guy who thinks gremlins tell him to shove pinecones up his dickhole". Do they not differentiate these things?

NotWearingPants posted:

What's with all these videos of people loving?! I come to pormhub for porm.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Alan Smithee posted:

imagine how good of a gig it would be playing Jesus in wedding photos

and then cucking the husbands on the DL lol

I think we just found the world's funniest occupation.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
States with under 1 million people should just be turned into territories or be incorporated into other states.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

The problem is that it's very hard to reach a consensus as to what's "unreasonable". It's very arbitrary as to what is considered 'more dangerous' and what's 'less dangerous'.

Is it anything above a certain caliber? A regular hunting rifle is deadly out to a few hundred yards
Is it a certain amount of rounds in a magazine? Because you can just bring more magazines.
Is anything semi-automatic dangerous? You can still put a hole in a target just fine a bolt-action rifle.

Honestly, I think the best possible thing is very, very strict background checks for buying anything other than a hunting rifle. If you want an AR-15 and 30rd magazines, you should have to see a mental health professional as a part of your background check. And private transfers should be as well-monitored as guns from a gun shop.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
these gun words are not trump lols yall

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The other night I was watching Caddyshack and Judge Smails goes "Good lord, what has this buffoon done now?" when Rodney Dangerfield ricochets a ball and hurts his arm

That's what I think to myself now when I see 200 new posts in this thread

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

OH MY GOD

Guys, I just got home and checked the news and Donalt Bubba-Trump (Shrimp) is still president!!!!

:hmbol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/870801482215501825

:eyepop:

Different guy