Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I'm regretting this.

Believe. Believe now more than ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
this is why I keep asking why you're putting down hundreds of dollars on these projects instead of whatever minimum that would get you the game, people selling you stuff aren't your friend no matter how much they claim otherwise

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

I'm regretting this.

Honest question here, do you still have cash in Ashes of Creation? Because you shouldn't have cash in Ashes of Creation. It's a scam. You have seven hours. Get your money out.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
They're going full Stalin on the Steam forums. Even intentionally locking but not deleting the mildly offensive threads, then deleting most of the angry threads about the news and pretending they're only locking the "troll posts".

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I'm sad but such is life :toot:

In completely unrelated news Secret World Legends is relaunching in a month or something. See you all there fellow bad choices people.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
This game is covetous, deceit, despise, destard, hythloth, shame and wrong.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Hopefully the offline version gets packaged up nicely on the way out at least.

Ehhhh I'm not in as deep as others but...

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 2, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I bought in at the Royal Founder Knight level (so I am the worst with money goon I think?) but on the other hand I have 488 hours in SotA according to Steam and I played it a lot before I even linked my account so I don't even know what the real total is.

It wasn't a total loss at least and I did enjoy playing it.

No, I did not back Ashes of Creation. I only backed SotA because of the specific people involved in the project. Pity it didn't work out but I knew the risks.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

I bought in at the Royal Founder Knight level (so I am the worst with money goon I think?) but on the other hand I have 488 hours in SotA according to Steam and I played it a lot before I even linked my account so I don't even know what the real total is.

It wasn't a total loss at least and I did enjoy playing it.

No, I did not back Ashes of Creation. I only backed SotA because of the specific people involved in the project. Pity it didn't work out but I knew the risks.
488 hours in Shroud of the Avatar. 488 hours of buggy, hilariously broken and unfinished content. For $750.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean, you didn't even really play it, the game is still in alpha so you paid a bunch of money to help test the game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

I mean, you didn't even really play it, the game is still in alpha so you paid a bunch of money to help test the game.

I think I wrote single digit bug reports. I just had fun playing it, which I totally agree is strange because normally I hate playing alphas/betas. Obviously I was an outlier though.

:shrug:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

extra stout posted:

They're going full Stalin on the Steam forums. Even intentionally locking but not deleting the mildly offensive threads, then deleting most of the angry threads about the news and pretending they're only locking the "troll posts".
Also on their own forums, they are deleting or locking threads mentioning SeedInvest. Here's the fun, wacky reason!

quote:

We understand your concerns, and our apologies about being so overly restrictive here. This is purely because of the legality of how SeedInvest is setup. You can only post constructive questions without what's called "Tombstone" information from the SeedInvest. Even then, we have to direct you to the SeedInvest website.

Please know that SeedInvest takes these sort of discussions VERY serious. We basically can only point you to the official SeedInvest page where questions will then be answered there. We cannot legally talk about anything Tombstone related.
loving lol

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
haha there's going to be a release date after all!

too bad it was a scam tho.

although i think the worst part is lum is still attached to this. how far he's fallen :(

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Lum is a pretty cool dude and I don't want him to be judged by the actions of his employer. But do whatever, free world etc.

(lets be honest we don't know he's still working there)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the hilarious thing is that lum posted quite a few things defending, of all loving things, Star Citizen

my favorite thing is

quote:

the author knows quite a few people over at Cloud Imperium and wishes them all the best and wants a cool game for his Oculus Rift when it comes out, please.
because lol that VR is ever loving coming out in SC, ever

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The only VR game I want to play is that Rick & Morty one, at some point.

But I guess I ruined it by watching Lets Plays of it so maybe not.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Valatar posted:

Honest question here, do you still have cash in Ashes of Creation? Because you shouldn't have cash in Ashes of Creation. It's a scam. You have seven hours. Get your money out.

Go big or go home
Just kidding I cancelled my pledge which will go to a space jpeg if I like Star Citizen 3.0 later this month

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Go big or go home
Just kidding I cancelled my pledge which will go to a space jpeg if I like Star Citizen 3.0 later this month
And so your endless circle of disappointment and bad video game buys begins again.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I won't lie... Garriott scammed me good. Wad my first and last "backing" of an alpha Kickstarter game. :rip:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This all seems very familiar for some reason lol

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
so should i throw my doge coins at this? (asking for a friend)

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i loved loved loved the ultimas as a kid and had a lot of fun in uo as a zygote (i age non-linearly), but nothing about this project clicked for me aside from the initial announcement with that skull island painting.

like dude, its your freshman loving kickstarter project. either make it a single player ultima or do a multiplayer uo/nwn knockoff. why are you trying to do both? with a team you just cobbled together!!! start small, get some cashflow and good press. build a nice following of people younger than middle-aged losers (im 16 now) and maybe then get ambitious.

also lol at non-instanced housing. i turn squirrel in every game that will let me do it, making pretty housies for my pretty cats to live inside of while i kill the dragon, but there aint no way in hell im paying a month's rent to squeeze my tower of power into the lot next to spongebob's pineapple house and across the street from dr robotnik's steampunk blimp extravaganza. legolas has a hobbit-hole at the end of the block too for some reason. god how tacky...

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
also that drat webcam broom that he used to wheel around the office...

when the big man himself cant be bothered to come in to work, you know your goose is cooked. wonder how many times that thing got thrown the finger as it did a sick 180 and peeled off towards some other schmuck's cubicle

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i bought this for like $20 on a steam sale and forgot to ever play it, i guess i should at least TRY it before it shuts down permanently. rip

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

DancingShade posted:

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I'm sad but such is life :toot:

In completely unrelated news Secret World Legends is relaunching in a month or something. See you all there fellow bad choices people.

At no point was this pre-alpha test fun

Soup du Journey posted:

also that drat webcam broom that he used to wheel around the office...

when the big man himself cant be bothered to come in to work, you know your goose is cooked. wonder how many times that thing got thrown the finger as it did a sick 180 and peeled off towards some other schmuck's cubicle

I barely remember this movie but I'm pretty sure a regular day at the office was Richard Garriot on the ipad mounted to a robotic scooter because he moved to New York after starting a MMO company in Texas, and he calls them once a day for like five minutes in a sort of greasy out of shape 60 year old men version of Charlie's Angels

Good Dumplings posted:

There's more than one person that spent over $100 on this bullshit? Why the gently caress did you people do this!? Was there seriously no $30 tier?

30 was the minimum for a copy of the game and in hindsight maybe I am a genius because that's the most I trusted the project despite it being backed by the Ultima Lord himself. Others could very easily argue that a genius would never, ever pay 30 dollars for literal garbage.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 2, 2017

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i am kinda looking forward to secret world legends at least. i like that game's setting, but i bounced off the mmo component hard. if they can craft a decent, mostly single player experience for me i'd happily give it a shot. they better not gouge me, though. im only a paypig for the swedes (i hate swedes incidentally) over at paradox.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
There's more than one person that spent over $100 on this bullshit? Why the gently caress did you people do this!? Was there seriously no $30 tier?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Good Dumplings posted:

~~Lord British~~

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i downloaded the game for the free trial in may and logged in maybe once. it didnt run well on my laptop and it felt like it tried to be too many things at once. i hate greeter npcs. i hate greeter npcs.

has lum been visible at all btw? is he strung up on a lamp post on some dusty street somewhere? i bet life over there is like 2003 iraq right now

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Soup du Journey posted:

i downloaded the game for the free trial in may and logged in maybe once. it didnt run well on my laptop and it felt like it tried to be too many things at once. i hate greeter npcs. i hate greeter npcs.

has lum been visible at all btw? is he strung up on a lamp post on some dusty street somewhere? i bet life over there is like 2003 iraq right now
lum used to post in this thread but now I think maybe he won't

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I'm just going to leave this here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/we-can-talk-about-it-seedinvest.91152/

2112Starman posted:

Oh I made the mistake of doing that just to see what that "group" has to say. I last about 5 seconds between the usual conspiracy theories. Im surprised they haven't started claiming RG was cloned on the ISS when he was on space and send down to the earth to create SOTA which its real purpose is to hypnotize the world for the incoming alien invasion.

I think Port should request from Readit the IP address's of everyone who posts there, my guess they will find IP's for the marketing department of several major billion dollar gaming corporations marketing departments paid to throw out "alternative facts" about the game. Im actually not joking about this.

You see this kinda thing daily now, look at what Comcast got caught doing with net neutrality.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

X cannot fail X can only be failed, sounds familiar.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Shroud of the Avatar sure is eating away at those billion dollar publisher's sales numbers.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
So am I getting my box copy and trinkets or not?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Gildiss posted:

~~Lord British~~

But his whole persona is basically that of a Peter Panish manchild who engages in constant flights of fancy but has an incredibly short attention span and is incapable of actual responsibility. Why would anyone give that person money?

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Unctuous Cretin posted:

No

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Maybe in the form of squirrel turds?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I backed this the minute I heard about it (only for $45, mind) because drat it, Lord British!

A couple of hours later I reminded myself of my policy regarding old industry heavyweights with ambitious plans, and canceled my pledge just as quickly.

Still sorry it looks like it's coming apart. :(

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Bieeardo posted:

I backed this the minute I heard about it (only for $45, mind) because drat it, Lord British!

A couple of hours later I reminded myself of my policy regarding old industry heavyweights with ambitious plans, and canceled my pledge just as quickly.

Still sorry it looks like it's coming apart. :(

No. It's fine. Don't worry about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Should have pledged more