Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is there any easy way to offload crafting materials that I find/gather?

I was gathering them for a bit since someone had mentioned they sell well, but then I ran into this games rather... obtuse auction house type thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What types of crafting materials to be exact?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I read many forums, and I see many people confuse with the preorders. I sense a lot of problems when the game release. They have not done this the best way.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Finally got my game running and it noticed I had Morrowind. Had to go in and toggle some admin settings on the .exe. very strange issue that seems to be plaguing a lot of people.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Protip: Redoran Kinhouse in Vvardenfell is bugged so you're always stealthed. It has seven desks and a bunch of cabinets and cupboards.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Bustycops posted:

There must be an ESO website out there, that exists to troll newbies with bad dungo guides.

Earlier today a group swore to me you had to do Tempest Island by spreading out, and I just got a Banished Cells 1 group where they tanked him on the little tiny platform because "the boss resets if he leaves it".

Never mind that the Tempest boss 1 shots anybody far away from her, and the dude in Banished Cells gets constant heals because his orbs spawn on that platform.

You can kill the guy on his platform just fine if just one person has enough aoe to burn the orbs when they spawn or you can just outdamage the heal. My Sorc for example has so many fields and shits up that the orb can barely move after spawning and before it dies and I'm fairly certain it will die from two hander splash damage or a single jab from my Templar.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Morglon posted:

You can kill the guy on his platform just fine if just one person has enough aoe to burn the orbs when they spawn or you can just outdamage the heal. My Sorc for example has so many fields and shits up that the orb can barely move after spawning and before it dies and I'm fairly certain it will die from two hander splash damage or a single jab from my Templar.

in vet? I dunno those things are slightly hardy, I used to shoot a poison arrow + have barrage up and hurricane and they wouldn't die without a little extra attention, now I just dgaf and plow through it on vet.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Could somebody swing @byolante a guild invite on NA?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Scyantific posted:

What types of crafting materials to be exact?

Just basic gathered stuff, like ore/wood/plants etc. I was picking them all up, but then I couldn't figure out any easy way to sell them off to other players, so I gave up due to inventory pressure and sold it all.

Basically wondering if I should bother picking them up as I explore any more, since I don't have the space and I'm not sure if I'm just missing an obvious easy way to sell them.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You can get into a trade guild but most are kind of a hassle, the basic materials aren't really that expensive anyway but the stuff you need to make furniture sells pretty well. Either way if you don't want to bother selling them stuff 'em in the guild bank, aspiring crafters will be grateful.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So is it just me or are stamina builds for nightblades incredibly weak now? Especially since they still can get magicka regen per cancel-able light attack while that was nerfed out of existence for stamina builds. Add that onto stamina attacks no longer having champion cost reducers and it just looks hosed in terms of balance.

This is the most retarded change.

Edit: Actually, they separated it out and made it so that stamina was a new morph. Which you have to reset skills to even discover. Because...Well, gently caress stamina players, I guess. :argh:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 2, 2017

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Is it possible to do a magicka build that doesn't use staves? Do any other weapons have magicka morphs?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Is it possible to do a magicka build that doesn't use staves? Do any other weapons have magicka morphs?

Tankblade is a pretty good build for it. Sword and board + life stealing blood magic = a drat near unstoppable juggernaut if built right. Synergizes well with a vampire too, depending on the content you want to do.

You're best off doing that once you hit level cap though. Tanking as a nightblade is tedious as heck until you unlock certain skills farther down the tree.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Since it came up and we have a bunch of new people: the starter packs are kind of crappy and if you're buying it for the horse it's better to go for the imperial edition upgrade. Crown store consumables are super dumb and I don't know why they even exist, if you need consumables just ask in guild.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Battlegrounds in a nutshell

It went as well as you can imagine (we lost 500-30)

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 2, 2017

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Invite @hellsting to the guild. I found it weird that I had to go to a website devoted to eso mods rather then nexus or curse because they were all out of date.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

completed my warden's ashlander gimmick

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
Could I please get an invite for the NA guild? @EgregiousMac
I'm new and bad.

Griever fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 3, 2017

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

People who have been playing for the last week and a half, Morrowind yay or nay?

jabro fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 3, 2017

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I just started playing again on NA @Magicka_Missile and would like an invite please. I haven't played since a couple months after the game first released.

A few questions as well,

I'm looking to play a Templar and I'm looking at builds over on Alcast. There are a couple PVP builds, a magicka healer and a stamina dps. In this game are you min/maxing and either dumping every point into stamina or magicka? Or you can you switch between the two somehow?

Are healers in demand for PVP and/or PVE content in this game?

Also there seem to be a ton of crafting skills. How important is it that I craft? And as I go through quests and whatnot, should I focus on just 1 or 2? Or do I need to focus on all that could be relevant to my character?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
:colbert:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

jabro posted:

People who have been playing for the last week and a half, Morrowind yay or nay?

Haven't played the "original", but I think it's great.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I has been looking at my PS4 with pretty judgmental eyes. Like the owner of a puppy that has pee in the carpet.

I wish I could play this now :(

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

I am a filthy pubbie spy and would appreciate an invite to the NA guild: @Propagandist1

I'm finding this game pretty refreshing. Different from most other MMOs in a lot of ways, some good some bad. I am enjoying just playing in first person like a single-player Skyrim though.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I think the worst part of this game is the auction house, and really the separate vendors everywhere isn't the worst, it's the search function that's absolutely awful, if I filter poo poo I want it to only show poo poo that I'm searching not just blank out the garbage that I filtered off and still have to flip through 10 pages to check. I know some of this is improved guild store or whatever, but the base game doesn't give you enough options otherwise.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's obvious third party websites are providing the function they aren't so I don't think their argument of economies is even reasonable. I'm surprised they don't set up the global search tools themselves as an ESO plus members exclusive!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Finally got my beachfront property in the lovely isle of Stros M'kai. That sure took a while. Now to grind another million so I can actually furnish it. :suicide:

Also got a polygon cat, because why not?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

SplitSoul posted:

Finally got my beachfront property in the lovely isle of Stros M'kai. That sure took a while. Now to grind another million so I can actually furnish it. :suicide:

Also got a polygon cat, because why not?

That's my home too. And same, bought it unfurnished and made everything so far.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

jabro posted:

I found it on instant-gaming for $24.75 and at that price? Definitely. I got about 35 hours out of Vvardenfell and I'm loving the Warden. Haven't touched Battlegrounds or the new trial yet but based on what I've played alone, it was worth it.

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1905-buy-key-the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind/

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Aramek posted:

That's my home too. And same, bought it unfurnished and made everything so far.

Mine too. I took a look at every property and that was the one that stood out head and shoulders over the rest.

I bought furnished, though. Nothing better to do with the crowns I had from several 3 month sub rollovers.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I can't say it was bad but without the nostalgia it fell pretty flat for me. First thing is that asking for another 40 bucks on top of a subscription is pretty ballsy and rubbed me the wrong way right out of the gate. It's also fairly padded and has a bunch of fetch quests that send you all over the island and way too much of it is restricted so you might find yourself in a random swamp doing something completely unrelated and wander into a restricted area that makes no sense and get a bounty. Stealing poo poo there is pretty hard because of that too and it seems like most people have a lower chance for you to steal than anywhere else in the world for no good reason. As for the scenery it's swamp and volcano.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Returning back for Morrowind and all the other changes I've missed.

I'd love an invite back into the Ebonheart guild, @Natsuumi

e: thanks, I'm in

Natsuumi fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 4, 2017

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:ironicat: :allears:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So, furnishing... does it make more sense to just buy the items, if possible? What's the price range compared to material costs?

Hammockbottom
Apr 10, 2005

It was Hamhockbottom right?
Just upgraded my computer and bought this for some reason... Would love to have some other people to play with... Could I get an NA invite @krankist ?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Wait a minute!, for us dirty peasants the release is tomorrowish? day 6? Or are my poor brain confused? ... day 6 is... tuestday.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Tei posted:

Wait a minute!, for us dirty peasants the release is tomorrowish? day 6? Or are my poor brain confused? ... day 6 is... tuestday.

Most video games release on Tuesday

I don't know why

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I haven't played this game since a few months after the original release. For some reason I got the itch to download it today and started a new HE Templar and got up to 9th level. It's been so long that it's basically a new game to me again.

Are there any good sites around with current information designed for brand new players? My google searches kept leading me to some stupid site that wants more money to join than the stupid game costs.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

The Locator posted:

My google searches kept leading me to some stupid site that wants more money to join than the stupid game costs.

What's that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Good places to find info are the OP, discord and in guild chat. You can find good builds on alcast's site, crafting guides are posted here as well.