Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I know Jimmy Johns bases itself on super fast delivery but how the gently caress does that work? Didn't places like Dominos get in big trouble in the 80s because their promised fast delivery times resulted in tons of car accidents?

That was probably when they were promoting "30 minutes or it's free" and a sandwich takes less than a minute to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Subway is so blandly awful because literally anyone with 5 grand and an empty building can make a franchise with zero quality control.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I know Jimmy Johns bases itself on super fast delivery but how the gently caress does that work? Didn't places like Dominos get in big trouble in the 80s because their promised fast delivery times resulted in tons of car accidents?

ya but iirc that was because their rules specifically forced drivers to pay for the meal if they were late. jj's don't do that, they just implicitly encourage dangerous driving

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Florida Ghost posted:

Arby's loaded Italian sandwich kicks rear end on many levels.

The french dip is sex

Also jamocha shakes

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

skylined! posted:

ya but iirc that was because their rules specifically forced drivers to pay for the meal if they were late. jj's don't do that, they just implicitly encourage dangerous driving

Nice.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Subway is so blandly awful because literally anyone with 5 grand and an empty building can make a franchise with zero quality control.

subways ingredients are also garbage

i mean, literal food garbage

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
I can't emphasize enough how much loving mayo Jimmy John's puts on their subs. Ask for light mayo. Also their lettuce is poo poo. If you work near them though a couple of times a year they will bring a tray of sample subs to your office or other workplace, which is nice.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

this sandwich lubrication/general fast food derail is...interesting

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

gently caress food chat

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

skylined! posted:

this sandwich lubrication/general fast food derail is...interesting

It's brought some much needed levity to this thread.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Chilichimp posted:

The french dip is sex

Also jamocha shakes

No way. They changed their French dip and au ju like a decade ago and it's just disappointing now.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Abisteen posted:

I can't emphasize enough how much loving mayo Jimmy John's puts on their subs. Ask for light mayo. Also their lettuce is poo poo. If you work near them though a couple of times a year they will bring a tray of sample subs to your office or other workplace, which is nice.

Oh yeah for sure this. Ask for light sandwich lubrication.
Also if there's a potbelly's around you choose that instead.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obviously everyone has their favorite local pizza place. But what is the best pizza chain?

It's Papa Ginos for the North East.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

No way. They changed their French dip and au ju like a decade ago and it's just disappointing now.

I admit it is on a pedestal. I haven't had a good one since the Bush admin.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Obviously everyone has their favorite local pizza place. But what is the best pizza chain?

Atlanta is prolly dominos or pizza hut right now now

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Anderson Cooper has been a wonderful critic of the trump administration, and today is his 50th birthday. He's getting roasted a bit on his show, and it's adorable. Look up when he talks about getting his AARP card if you can. :allears:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I did not get a chance to ask a question at Lovett or Leave It but it was a good episode. They talked a bunch about the Social Security Disability article we were talking about this afternoon.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Subway's club sandwich is ok, you loving foodie snobs

Jersey Mikes is a goddamn travesty though

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

What do you guys think of a well-done steak? Personally that's how I like them.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Personally I like Papa Murphy's. Otherwise Toppers or Pizza Luce is pretty great. Is Pizza Luce just an MN thing?

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

double post

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

Burt Buckle posted:

What do you guys think of a well-done steak? Personally that's how I like them.

Depends, I'm growing tired of Hunt's ketchup but storebrand still has some novelty.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
There's no place in Winnipeg to get a decent Italian sandwich on a fresh ciabatta roll and that sucks.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

HPanda posted:

To no one's surprise, Oregon joining in on the environmental coalition of "Trump is a dumbass," completing the west coast.

On sandwich chat, Jimmy John's is good, but not better than Firehouse. Everything beats Subway.

How many states have to join up before it doesn't really matter that a few lone holdouts don't? Like I know GDP doesn't directly equate to amount of pollution created, but once you hit a certain threshold of the country's overall GDP it should still have a positive net impact even if like Florida decides it wants to start dumping waste directly into the ocean.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's brought some much needed levity to this thread.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just moved from Michigan to Long Island a couple months ago and I've been really hankering for a Jet's Deep Dish Pizza for a while now for some reason.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Republicans posted:

Is all this Arby's bashing a result of those two Simpsons jokes? Anyone who doesn't think Arby's is good is just putting on airs.

I will sooner put Arby's in the toilet than my mouth. The smell alone makes me retch.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Hey.

What about meatloaf?

https://www.amazon.com/Meatloaf-Eve...f+in+every+oven

I recently heard a public radio interview with the authors and they spoke with some politicians and got their recipes.

That guy apparently hunts deer and makes deerloaf.

Florida Ghost
Apr 5, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Also jamocha shakes

How did I forget about these bits of heaven...

Florida Ghost fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 3, 2017

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jimmy John's makes their sandwiches fast. They don't necessarily deliver them faster (although they do because the sandwiches are made faster).

My family loves them. I find their subs too bready without enough substance. Give me Subway any day.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

PhazonLink posted:

I recently heard a public radio interview with the authors and they spoke with some politicians and got their recipes.

As much as I despise that man, venison is delicious and I would actually try deerloaf.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Jersey Mikes is a goddamn travesty though

Aw they're pretty good, at least out here.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Jimmy Johns is good if you remember two things;

1)always get wheat bread (which is sliced and fluffy and not a hard roll like their regular bread and helps absorb some of the mayo)

2) Always ask for bean sprouts. Because gently caress yeah, sprouts.

The Beach Club is delicious. Turkey, mayo, tomato, mayo, cheese, cucumber, mayo, avocado, and bean sprouts(optional).

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

This is like 12 hours old now, looks like, but I didn't see it so I'm posting it anyway

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/870593363422085120

poo poo is getting real hosed up

lmfao yes, invading sweden after it joins nato sounds like a good idea, i'm sure it won't end with the entirety of nato curb stomping your asses

patton was right we should have nuked moscow

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

PhazonLink posted:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm from the Midwest (Indianapolis) and I'm preferential to Jet's.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you call your order in, they start making the sandwich on the phone with you. Plus corporate oversight is so pathetic these days no one cares that their drivers haul rear end like maniacs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Krispy Kareem posted:

Jimmy John's makes their sandwiches fast. They don't necessarily deliver them faster (although they do because the sandwiches are made faster).

My family loves them. I find their subs too bready without enough substance. Give me Subway any day.

JJ's done well is the best sandwich i've ever had.

JJ's done poorly was one of the worst. As with most chain fast food, find a well run franchise.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

Republicans posted:

That was probably when they were promoting "30 minutes or it's free" and a sandwich takes less than a minute to make.

Also their delivery radius is incredibly small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Capriotti's is the best chain sandwich place because they're the only place I've found in DC that makes a cheesesteak correctly.

JJ and Potbelly are good too for cold cut sandwiches.

• Locked thread