Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Real hurthling! posted:

Anyone else get a weird brighter circle shape in the middle of the screen during the reporters monologues in story mode? Looks weird

I noticed it on Maximilian Dood's stream (PS4) last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
pt 2 of my tutorial series is out bois

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvPCk-LuA1Q

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
After watching a Stream of the game being played I might now pick up this game but do I pick it up for PC or PS4? I do have a wireless Xbone controller for my PC that has the nice clicky dpad so I'm leaning towards the PC version.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Whichever.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

PC, graphics are better and you have a better controller.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

pt 2 of my tutorial series is out bois

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvPCk-LuA1Q

I'd need to double check but about five minutes in you say all rage arts have the same input, I don't think that's right, I think there's two or three different inputs. Plus it can be activated with a shoulder button too.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Anime_Otaku posted:

I'd need to double check but about five minutes in you say all rage arts have the same input, I don't think that's right, I think there's two or three different inputs. Plus it can be activated with a shoulder button too.

Oops you may be right. I think for all the characters I play it's df1+2

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

Oops you may be right. I think for all the characters I play it's df1+2

yeah Lili's is just 3+4 while facing forward(if you do it while she's in her backturn stance she does a hop that I don't know what it's called). Still you're technically not wrong in saying that they're all the same input because you can just hit R1 to activate it

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I am digging Tekken 7's story mode so far. I love all the references to the old games. My only beef is that I'm on, like, chapter 6 and there is no Xiaoyu or Hwarong or Lee or Gordo or Paul. Nina's here hangin out, but no Anna.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Morby posted:

I am digging Tekken 7's story mode so far. I love all the references to the old games. My only beef is that I'm on, like, chapter 6 and there is no Xiaoyu or Hwarong or Lee or Gordo or Paul. Nina's here hangin out, but no Anna.

some characters aren't in the main story, you'll want to go to their character episode for them.

e; no one will ever see this but this was post #10,000 from me, god loving bless america :siren:

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 3, 2017

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Picked this up on xbone, seems like this was not a great idea in terms of getting games with goons but well here is my tag: S1Nx81

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

This game is so loving good.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I didn't have a chance to play last night, but I played one match this morning and a bunch this afternoon after work, on PC. This morning it took 5+ tries to get into a match, but this afternoon I had a couple failures over time but mostly things worked great. Small sample size, so I don't know if they've fixed whatever the problem is or it I just got lucky/unlucky at certain times. I am very bad, but I expected that. I didn't lose every match, so I'm counting it as a win. Pretty pleased, this is fun and reasonably accessible at a low level so far.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Story mode is harder than the players ive fought. Idk what im doing with heihachi

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Mr E posted:

This game is so loving good.

As a regular in the SFV thread, it's bizarre to see this being the general sentiment of the thread.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah I tapped out on most fighters since USF4 on PC, this is a bit/lot more complex and so many new notations to memorize and getting used to the movement.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Holy poo poo lars' story fight plays like a bad re4 clone. This game rules

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Story mode is harder than the players ive fought. Idk what im doing with heihachi

Yeah, this story mode definitely delivers. I've had a ton of fun with it the last couple hours.

I'm on the fight with Kazumi. After you beat her once she's invincible. What are you supposed to do at that point?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Finally get a match going, connection is 5/5 no stuttering at all, dude perfects me on the first round, I command grab him instantly in round 2, he hits his lag switch and disconnects.

Glad to see fighting game players never change.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I think I ruptured both my eardrums from that ridiculously loud dubstep(?) at the beginning, but other than that thanks for this!

I'm having a hard time making combos with other characters than Feng, which is crazy since I've only played him for like a few hours in TTT2 and yet he feels so much easier than all the other characters :negative: His f3,4 is so good at extending combos (no dashing required) and even if you can't get a proper combo off you can at least do a df1 into a shoulder or something to deal out a decent amount of damage. I just don't know what to do with characters without tools like these.

I'm trying to learn Kazumi and her combos are much harder, weaker and less safe I feel like. Dashing and stuff mid combo is just too difficult for me, too! :( I just want to kick some rear end and throw some tigers.

e:

Thanks for this one too!

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 3, 2017

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Is there any way to retake a custom character portrait? It won't let me retake one after I make changes like TTT2 did.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Alright I agree that single player mode is disappointingly bare for a game this long in dev from this well respected a series.

But that volcano fight in Story Mode was the literal most hype poo poo Tekken has ever done and if you told me the years wait was to get to that I'd be kinda ok with that.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Junk posted:

Is there any way to retake a custom character portrait? It won't let me retake one after I make changes like TTT2 did.

Click the right stick and it'll go into "camera mode" where you can take a new picture.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Story mode is cheap as hell. Now I'm on the 3rd part of the Kazuya fight where Heihachi has 1/4 health

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So did they nerf Kazumi's tiger uppercut since the arcade version? I keep hearing that it's super unsafe and that you'll get murdered if it's blocked, but so many combo videos and stuff seem to prefer it as a launcher over her other options?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This game is so good.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
This game feels great to play. Awful that the online isn't working or PS4 right now but I expected issues. Surprised PC isn't suffering from it, might have to grab a copy earlier than I thought.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tekken Tunes was worth my money in TTT2 and the fact that it's free makes the 50 dollar purchase all the better.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Deathfist is good

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Are all the soundtracks from previous Tekkens available to substitute in or able to be put into a custom playlist on the PC version or is that a PS only feature?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AndyElusive posted:

Are all the soundtracks from previous Tekkens available to substitute in or able to be put into a custom playlist on the PC version or is that a PS only feature?

PS Only feature, idk if they're gonna add it to PC at any point.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I just got to the end of Mishima story mode. drat! But Heihachi will be ok like usual, right :ohdear:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

ps4 only

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Good to see that 20 years later the AI still has no idea what to do about spamming 4+RK with Lee. It's almost as bad as Astaroth 22/66+B (sorry my 8-way is kinda rusty - 1 is back left and up, right?)

God this story mode is bad. Still less cringe-worthy than Dead or Alive.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The fact that PlayStation gets to mess around with soundtracks from the last 22 years of Tekken makes me kind of jealous of you guys.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Lothire posted:

This game feels great to play. Awful that the online isn't working or PS4 right now but I expected issues. Surprised PC isn't suffering from it, might have to grab a copy earlier than I thought.

Tournament mode works but it's kind of a shitshow because the connections vary so much from match to match.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Morby posted:

I just got to the end of Mishima story mode. drat! But Heihachi will be ok like usual, right :ohdear:

he ded, he gone forever

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Morby posted:

If his loser and far less cool son can come back from getting thrown into a Volcano i'm sure Heihachi can do it no problem. I doubt he'll even need to get cloned or whatever happened to Kazuya to show up again.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I've tried to play like 40 online matches and every single one failed. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah has there been any word on what's wrong or when it'll be fixed?