Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
What a weird word spine is

:abuela:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

im kind of confused why so many people are surprised that hillary would hire someone who doesn't care about any issues except militarism

generally they make a better effort not to expose their ~private position~ on the issues

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lemming posted:

Smh at the people who tried to donate to get out of it instead of accepting their fate

smh at people who are hyperattached to their ~forums identity~ and don't just laugh and start anew

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

babypolis posted:

i dont understand how we didnt have evrey single hillaryman throw themselves on their knees, recounce hillary, and embrace full communism. how do you not change your worldview after being destroyed so horribly lmao

Mrit did. He was decent enough to repent when the axe was coming down, at least

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I donated, and I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling posters.

Would have escaped a double toxx scott free. :smugdon:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Not a Step posted:

Lowtax wanted it to be exactly like a toxx ban in that the account was actually banned, like what would happen if you lost a toxx. Because, you know, you had lost a toxx.

Exmarx was the one who tried to subvert the system with the donation thing without clearing it with anyone else because he didn't want the echo chamber to be breached.

Turns out Lowtax owns the site and exmarx doesnt.

Lowtax only got involved after Exmarx intervened (without bothering* to talk to logik or I ahead of time), but otherwise you've more or less got it right.

*Exmarx, that is.

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 02:53 on Jun 3, 2017

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

she hates beer

look at her, shes not having a good time

how can you trust someone so day crew like her

Homeless Friend posted:

What a weird word spine is

:abuela:

sch-pine

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

she hates beer

that wide open glare while shes drinking says "ok hill, you got this, just take your medicine and theyll think youre cool"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how do you do, fellow beer-likers?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hillary is definitely a gin kinda gal

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

how do you do, fellow beer-likers?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Al! posted:

that wide open glare while shes drinking says "ok hill, you got this, just take your medicine and theyll think youre cool"

I don't think it's even necessarily that she doesn't like to have a beer, it's that she freezes up and turns way mechanical and fake whenever she has to interact with people she doesn't know or are outside her comfort zone (ie: corporate boardrooms and closed-doors fundraisers).

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

this picture was good for a nice chuckle again

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al! posted:

you have a weird obsession with safe spaces so im gonna chalk it up to that but like the first time i was ever aware of exmarx in cspam was when he did his weird powerplay

Yes. Because the people who toxxed for Hillary only ever posted in CSPAM, and never in D&D, so its really weird that a D&D guy would be concerned about CSPAM posters.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Taintrunner posted:

many people in this thread I'm guessing have been conventional liberals in the past before transitioning into smash the state tankies due to the nightmarishly reality around them becoming clear

i thought tankie meant you were pro-state

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

got any sevens posted:

i thought tankie meant you were pro-state

no that means you're a zegermans post apologist

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ex post facho posted:

no that means you're a zegermans post apologist

umm who doesn't like zegremans posts?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
:justpost:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

:orb:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
From what I've heard, Exmarx was no Hillary fan so his move was not some attempt at preserving posters. I had personally "presented" two options, one was to permaban/ban as usual and the other was to forgive the permas into normal bans like how we did with the Trump toxxes. I thought that the list of toxxers was simply too large and I thought that it would be more managable if the list was culled in some way. ExMarx said he would deal with it, and that was the end of that.

I have no comments on what he did other than he did what he thought was best and I wished that he had consulted us about it beforehand. My personal take is that while you can argue about the integrity of the toxx or whatever, the main reasoning behind it came from SSers / offsite morons who just wanted to throw a molotov into what they viewed as a snowflake echochamber etc. They don't really care about toxxes or how it must be respected, they just wanted things to burn. Nobody whined when we violated the integrity of the toxx by giving Trump toxxers a way out.

edit: i apologize preemptively to maclaine/shengji if i missed something you guys mentioned during the whole thing, we can't reference the thread and i only remember what i posted, kinda

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lastgirl posted:

she hates beer

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

logikv9 posted:

From what I've heard, Exmarx was no Hillary fan so his move was not some attempt at preserving posters. I had personally "presented" two options, one was to permaban/ban as usual and the other was to forgive the permas into normal bans like how we did with the Trump toxxes. I thought that the list of toxxers was simply too large and I thought that it would be more managable if the list was culled in some way. ExMarx said he would deal with it, and that was the end of that.

I have no comments on what he did other than he did what he thought was best and I wished that he had consulted us about it beforehand. My personal take is that while you can argue about the integrity of the toxx or whatever, the main reasoning behind it came from SSers / offsite morons who just wanted to throw a molotov into what they viewed as a snowflake echochamber etc. They don't really care about toxxes or how it must be respected, they just wanted things to burn. Nobody whined when we violated the integrity of the toxx by giving Trump toxxers a way out.

edit: i apologize preemptively to maclaine/shengji if i missed something you guys mentioned during the whole thing, we can't reference the thread and i only remember what i posted, kinda

i remember lolling at the people all like 'the sanctity of the toxx' when everyone was fine w/getting banned anywya, most of us just wanted to raise money for charity instead of lowtax.

of course that was before i knew lowtax was a broke semi manic dude and the forums are gonna die basically any day now, i could see why he would want the income

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

logikv9 posted:

it was reasonable for exmarx to try to raise money for charity as an alternative to save time for mods, and it was also reasonable for lowtax to override that decision. this is my controversial opinion.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lowtax has been struggling ever since his mangosteen storefront imploded

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

it was reasonable for exmarx to try to raise money for charity as an alternative to save time for mods, and it was also reasonable for lowtax to override that decision. this is my controversial opinion.

There's a conspiracy going on somewhere, I'm sure of it. We just need to find it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

logikv9 posted:

From what I've heard, Exmarx was no Hillary fan so his move was not some attempt at preserving posters. I had personally "presented" two options, one was to permaban/ban as usual and the other was to forgive the permas into normal bans like how we did with the Trump toxxes.

Wait, why were people who toxxed for a Trump win banned? :confused:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

the popular-vote clause, no doubt. :smug:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

They were told they were going to be upgraded to a perma unless they renounced Trump, then they would only eat a regular probation. Trump's loss was seen as inevitable and they wanted to perma anyone who would support Trump.

And then the Hillary people were offered amnesty to 'reduce the workload' despite it actually being a massive amount of work to verify the donations.

I'm sure politics played absolutely no role

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

they weren't, they got an offer to exchange their toxxes for a donation to some charity when the pussy tape dropped IIRC and everyone was sure he was gonna lose

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Man

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Not a Step posted:

They were told they were going to be upgraded to a perma unless they renounced Trump, then they would only eat a regular probation. Trump's loss was seen as inevitable and they wanted to perma anyone who would support Trump.

And then the Hillary people were offered amnesty to 'reduce the workload' despite it actually being a massive amount of work to verify the donations.

what wacky hijinks! comedy website, am I right??!??

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the obvious lesson is that posting in any toxx thread is stupid, but stupid people are going to keep doing it so :shrug:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

who???????????????

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Not a Step posted:

oh my god

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Not a Step posted:

you can drone on about conspiracies all you want but lol this implies that exmarx is a Hillary supporter

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Joementum posted:

the obvious lesson is that posting in any toxx thread is stupid, but stupid people are going to keep doing it so :shrug:

I just used to post to dnd when I wanted arbitrary rules + bans.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
we're approaching "baloogan is a Hillary supporter" status here

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Hillary does like drinking though, just not beer in particular.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

as someone who once had access to the modqueue, i can tell you it's all loving chaos lol dont try to devine any strategic planning or long term motivation even a little bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Al! posted:

as someone who once had access to the modqueue, i can tell you it's all loving chaos lol dont try to devine any strategic planning or long term motivation even a little bit

I can confirm this

• Locked thread