Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

SpazmasterX posted:

No because then you would have full persona slots and max arcana burst.

I'm not sure how that wouldn't make a NG+ better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
narcs don't get happy birthdays :colbert:

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
You be nice to Akechi-kun! He works hard for justice! :mad:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

dragon_pamcake posted:

You be nice to Akechi-kun! He works hard for corrupt justice! :mad:

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
Couple of questions:

1. When's the deadline for fighting the secret boss in NG+? I'm assuming it's before the twins become Lavenza but don't recall the exact day that happens. I'm starting palace 7 now and still nowhere near capable of defeating it but I don't want to stupidly lock myself out by progressing the story too far. Which leads to...

2. Is farming the reaper the best way to fill the compendium? Others have mentioned farming right before Yaldy's fight but that'd mean I'd barely get to use any of the high level personas unless the secret boss is somehow still available that late.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
You max out Strength (don't even need to do that if you already maxed it in your first playthrough), then use the mountains of cash from confusing Mementos bosses to make all the crazy Personas you like. Immunity Yoshitsune is good for the bonus boss: http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/...na-5&GroupKeys=

With this guy, the only phase that's really dangerous is the first one, where they're only throwing out phys and gun attacks. After that, they'll constantly throw poo poo at you that heals you, and you can focus on dealing enough damage that they don't get bored and end the fight prematurely.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

Instant Grat posted:

the mountains of cash from confusing Mementos bosses to make all the crazy Personas you like

Maybe I was doing it wrong this whole time but I only get about 70K per money-wasting-turn?

Like I spent about half an hour grinding the Nebiros boss with the MC alone and only made about 2M total, and fusing Laksmi (lv 69) when I was at lv 50-something still cost a fortune so I don't see myself having the patience for amassing enough money for Lucifer and friends, even if there are any confusable Mementos bosses still left to fight at this point in the game.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
If you wanna amass levels, there should still be a couple flu days left (I think it's December 8th and 9th or something?). Remove everyone except Joker from your party, hit the Reaper, escape and re-engage if he doesn't have the flu when he spawns in. That'll get you up there incredibly quickly.

With that Yoshitsune I linked, I more or less solo'd the bonus boss at level 35 though, you don't need to have massive amounts of health and SP. Used the extra available ability slot for Debilitate so I could balance out their remaining health, since you have to kill them both on the same turn.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

Instant Grat posted:

since you have to kill them both on the same turn.

:eyepop:

What was I thinking, of course they'd cast samarecarm :suicide:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Storm One posted:

:eyepop:

What was I thinking, of course they'd cast samarecarm :suicide:

Nah, they're not that mean. They'll just do regular Recarm.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
They also cast Divine Judgment and Demonic Decree, and they're not immune to having them reflected back at themselves. That helps a lot in keeping things even.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Dont forget your accuracy boosts either. Trust me, it really loving sucks when your final ultimate hassou tobi only hits caroline

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Instant Grat posted:

They also cast Divine Judgment and Demonic Decree, and they're not immune to having them reflected back at themselves. That helps a lot in keeping things even.

I assumed they would be immune to that sort of spell, can't you learn it too?

Also can you fight them on the last descent down mementos? Cuz on that day they're both outside the Velvet room instead of just the one of them (so you can be healed)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

many johnnys posted:

I assumed they would be immune to that sort of spell, can't you learn it too?

Also can you fight them on the last descent down mementos? Cuz on that day they're both outside the Velvet room instead of just the one of them (so you can be healed)

Pretty sure you can't.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Storm One posted:

Maybe I was doing it wrong this whole time but I only get about 70K per money-wasting-turn?

It scales off the Luck of Joker's active Persona

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

It scales off the Luck of Joker's active Persona

I played through the whole game without knowing what the gently caress any of those 5 stats did

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Digirat posted:

I played through the whole game without knowing what the gently caress any of those 5 stats did

But Strength and Magic should've been pretty self explanatory?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I mean my assumption was that strength = melee/gun damage, magic = any other kind of damage, agility = dodge change, endurance = beefy, and luck = crit chance. But I never saw a tutorial that actually said what they did and it's news to me that dudes throw away more money based on your luck.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ain't no room for snitches in the phantom thief game.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Just picked up this game, is it really going to impact my enjoyment if I know the identities of the traitor and the final boss?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Probably not. You'll still probably have a blast playing.

Also, for what it's worth, the traitor's identity is hardly the big secret of the game.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

TheKingofSprings posted:

Just picked up this game, is it really going to impact my enjoyment if I know the identities of the traitor and the final boss?
for what it's worth i knew everything like a week after it came out in japan and i still liked it a lot

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So that's what an All-Out Attack looks like on the ground

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What's the One True Name for this one

E: What're people doing for their names in general? I used my first name but the game's about the adventures of Potter-kun right now

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Nasty Crimeboy and the Stealy Dans.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
everyone uses the manga/Daybreakers name but lmao if you don't put your own real name and roleplay

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

He had a name in the Daybreakers anime?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I thought he did? i may have just made that up.

e: i made that up

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I just mash anime names together

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

waluigi

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I recommend you use the name of a famous thief like Bilbo Baggins or the Hamburglar

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Ha ha ha.

Joker: We hate the cops.
Iwai: How 'bout that? Me too.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: What're people doing for their names in general? I used my first name but the game's about the adventures of Potter-kun right now

First playthrough was Django Smith.

Now though it's the Adventures of Danny Devito.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Someone posted the name Kaito Kurogane before and I'm super mad I didn't come up with it myself.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
You know.... I have a tuxedo cat and he's kind of a bossy rear end in a top hat as well. Just in the mornings. I wonder if it's a cat stereotype. Like how calicos are supposed to be mean divas according to every vet I've met.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
I named my Joker Mark Hamill

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Akira Kurosu

I used a normal ENG name since I'm boring.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Using your actual name is a terrible idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I named him Joker Phantom.