Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

hadji murad posted:

Is the sale still ongoing at Amazon?

I just bought all of the dark tower for $19 so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

On that, I bought a bunch of Marvel books last night but just merged my amazon/comix accounts 15 minutes ago. How long does it take for my kindle library to transfer to my comixology library?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I don't know how long it's supposed to take to merge, but new purchases for Kindle sync with my comiXology account instantly at this point.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Uthor posted:

I don't know how long it's supposed to take to merge, but new purchases for Kindle sync with my comiXology account instantly at this point.

Yeah the couple things I bought just now have merged, it's just everything else.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I tried with the $3 Infamous Ironman book posted last page but it's 16 bucks.

I am using Amazon US and bought on previous sales which linked to my Comixology account. Im not seeing any savings here. :(

I do live in Japan but also have a US address on the account.

Weird.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm seeing this.
https://www.amazon.com/Infamous-Iron-Man-Vol-1/dp/1302906240

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Played around.

VPN, signed out, cheap price.

VPN, signed in, regular price.

Me, SOL.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I had to go through the Australian Amazon which only had an 80% discount for most things.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is there any way to buy comics off Amazon and not have them cued to download on my Kindle?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

hadji murad posted:

Played around.

VPN, signed out, cheap price.

VPN, signed in, regular price.

Me, SOL.

That's weird, because I've been able to view/purchase from this sale just fine. iPhone, Chrome, no VPN, home wifi and Softbank 4G.

Still working as of this post.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Fly Ricky posted:

That's weird, because I've been able to view/purchase from this sale just fine. iPhone, Chrome, no VPN, home wifi and Softbank 4G.

Still working as of this post.

I have multiple accounts. This one (US) uses a Japanese credit card. Is this the problem you think?

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 3, 2017

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

hadji murad posted:

I have multiple accounts. This one (US) uses a Japanese credit card. Is this the problem you think?

No, I used Japanese credit card myself to purchase stuff from the sale. My account has an alternate (not primary) US address attached to it though...

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Fly Ricky posted:

No, I used Japanese credit card myself to purchase stuff from the sale. My account has an alternate (not primary) US address attached to it though...

That's exactly my situation too. Did you originally sign up with a US card or have the account first before changing?

Even tried removing my Japanese address but it didn't help.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Have you tried completely logging out of your account/using a private browser? At least narrow it down to it being your account or not.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I'm having a weird bug on my Android tablet (fake edit, looks like it's on my Android phone, too). Books I've downloaded in the last month or two aren't showing their issue number in the library. Books I've downloaded before then are appearing just fine. It's not new books that I recently purchased, it happens with old books that I've read before and have redownloaded.

Example, here's Remender's Venom.

And here is an old Loki series that I downloaded around Easter.

I wouldn't care much, but occasionally books end up in my library out of order and I like to double check the issue numbers as I read them.

The issue numbers appear just fine on series that aren't on my device. I just read Head Lopper: no numbers while reading it, now I see issue numbers after I removed them from my device.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Uthor posted:

Have you tried completely logging out of your account/using a private browser? At least narrow it down to it being your account or not.

Was account. Spent some time on chat with Amazon and they fixed a restriction on my account. The restriction was Japan. The weirdest loving restrictions... kudos to Amazon for being able to fix that for a person.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

hadji murad posted:

Was account. Spent some time on chat with Amazon and they fixed a restriction on my account. The restriction was Japan. The weirdest loving restrictions... kudos to Amazon for being able to fix that for a person.

And now after buying 6 trades i'm locked out until I contact support!

Haha!

Any lesser known recommendations while In
wait?

Caught up on Vision, Squirrel Girl, Patsy Walker...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

poo poo, I was sitting out the Marvel sale until I remembered that I wanted to finish Hickman's Avengers run (I had up through Infinity), then I got a free book promo and picked up Vision, then I went back and bought the second volume of Vision to be a completionist. That's like $27 I spent!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So this may sound dumb, but how do I get these to my comixology account/merge accounts? Bought A bunch of stuff, no idea what to do next.....

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

enigmahfc posted:

So this may sound dumb, but how do I get these to my comixology account/merge accounts? Bought A bunch of stuff, no idea what to do next.....

Since amazon and comixology are the same thing it should be automatic. Go to smart list and there should be a column that says from kindle

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Do you log into comiXology with an (old) comiXology log in or with your Amazon account? When they got bought out, there was a way to migrate your log in information over, but I can't remember what the steps were. Probably check your account information in a browser.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god this is like some insane sugar rush. I thought it was an accident or would be over by none. I can't believe this isn't be advertised...or fixed.

I mean this is 80 cents!
https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Graph...in%3A7421486011

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 3, 2017

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh my god this is like some insane sugar rush. I thought it was an accident or would be over, but it's not.

THIS IS 80 cents!
https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Graph...in%3A7421486011

Holy poo poo. Bought.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hup posted:

Holy poo poo. Bought.

Yeah, I mean that's a great one, but man if you ever wanted to try some marginal stuff this is the time. The only thing tempering it is well I've gotten some of this stuff in the past with Comixology sales (not that it was anywhere this good). I mean the only thing better were some of those crazy DC OGN for the Knightfall, Forever Evil things, but this is everything.

I mean I own the physical copy, but $2 for Triumph and Torment....

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

bobkatt013 posted:

Since amazon and comixology are the same thing it should be automatic. Go to smart list and there should be a column that says from kindle

I guess it helps to log in with, you know...amazon...

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

enigmahfc posted:

I guess it helps to log in with, you know...amazon...

I think you still can merge the two accounts. Truthfully I'm not sure why people haven't still at this point, unless I'm unaware of some down side.

SMP
May 5, 2009

You lose the ability to pay with PayPal

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think you still can merge the two accounts. Truthfully I'm not sure why people haven't still at this point, unless I'm unaware of some down side.

No, I logged in with Amazon and the merge was like 2 minutes, I just never had before and was still using my old comixology log in.

I was my own problem.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SMP posted:

You lose the ability to pay with PayPal

I guess I can see that being an issue for some, but aren't there tons of Paypal linked debit cards you can buy at even the grocery store now, assuming you just didn't move the paypal balance to a linked bank account?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Oh great Marvel Masterworks are $3.40 each!

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos
Lord that trimmed my Comixology wishlist down about 75%

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I almost feel guilty getting a free book coupon from Amazon for my .80 cents purchase...Almost.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I tried to use the free book coupon thing and it still charged me for the book. I mean, it was less than $4 so it's not really worth my time to deal with customer service.

But I guess it means I still have a free book coming to me. I went to the free books page and when I clicked on any of them it just had s purchase option. What am I missing?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I got a free book coupon for buying an omnibus and it still displayed a Purchase with 1-Click option on the promotion page they sent in the e-mail, but when I bought something it applied a promotional credit in the amount of the full price.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

head58 posted:

I tried to use the free book coupon thing and it still charged me for the book. I mean, it was less than $4 so it's not really worth my time to deal with customer service.

But I guess it means I still have a free book coming to me. I went to the free books page and when I clicked on any of them it just had s purchase option. What am I missing?

No that's what I did and it worked fine.

I really need to go through the stuff I want and male sure I can get an order in before the end of the night. Cause this just seems so random and weird to continue.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Dunbar posted:

I got a free book coupon for buying an omnibus and it still displayed a Purchase with 1-Click option on the promotion page they sent in the e-mail, but when I bought something it applied a promotional credit in the amount of the full price.

Ah, it apparently applied the promotional credit to one of the earlier books I'd bought that was on the list. Oh well, close enough.

Related to all this, is vol 5 of Simonson's Thor available digitally at all? Amazon/ComiXology doesn't seem to have it.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
I told myself yesterday I was done buying things from this sale. But then I see it's still on today, and I just couldn't resist. With that sale and the Image one from a few days ago, I don't think I can bring myself to total up how much I spent.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Maybe next week we will eat an insane DC sale. :D

We won't. :(

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mr Hootington posted:

Maybe next week we will eat an insane DC sale. :D

We won't. :(

Know how random their sales tend to be, it will be all issues featuring Aztec on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I'm okay with an Aztek sale