Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've definitely seen plenty of goons saying "I don't care about the policy as long as it fucks over rednecks/conservatives/whatever" with regard to certain issues over the past eight years, so it's not like this is something only conservatives do.

https://i.imgur.com/HV7IiAY.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Except for the first part.

It's actually both reasonable and probable that people like us should exist somewhere in the universe and obviously that place is here because this is where we are (plus maybe some rad space aliens). Anyone who thinks it's "improbable" that something that exists exists doesn't know what probability means. The probability is 1.

The sun rising tomorrow is less probable than humans existing right now, at least from our perspective. Of course, if the universe is perfectly deterministic, then probability is just an illusion (like free will) and the the true probability​ of anything that's ever happened or will ever happen is also 1. I'm guessing this dude is part of the "God's plan" set, though, so it's sort of weird for him to be knocking determinism anyway.

As a thoughtful nihilist, I personally don't think you should really have to "believe* anything in the first place. :colbert:

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Fister Roboto posted:

I've definitely seen plenty of goons saying "I don't care about the policy as long as it fucks over rednecks/conservatives/whatever" with regard to certain issues over the past eight years, so it's not like this is something only conservatives do.

https://i.imgur.com/HV7IiAY.mp4

Which leftist positions are these?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Schizotek posted:

No, don't leave, please, do explain. What positions?

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

StealthArcher posted:

No, don't leave, please, do explain. What positions?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Sandpuppy posted:

Now sit right down and let me tell you all about Ben Ghazi's Emails.

Reminds me of this old classic.

Pakled posted:

Well, nobody's accusing Russia of rigging the vote or anything, but we do know they tipped the scales in Trump's favor and it seems very likely that several people within his campaign were complicit in it.

Unfortunately....

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 3, 2017

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
By the way, on the subject of "Mallard Fillmore in the funny pages"....

Putting it at the very top of the page kinda saps the punch out of the joke, even moreso than his weeks and weeks of blogging about TV shows that make even Hagar look dark.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Schizotek posted:

I see it most often with gun control.

p.s. not trying to start a gun control slap fight

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jun 3, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Yes, insulting or disrespecting a sitting US potus can only destroy your career. Just ask the man who led the birther conspiracy, Donald Trump.

She's gonna end up president, isn't she?

Fister Roboto posted:

How in the gently caress could gun control hurt rednecks outside of hurting their fee fees when they notice how tiny their cocks are?

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 3, 2017

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Fulchrum posted:

How in the gently caress could gun control hurt rednecks outside of hurting their fee fees when they notice how tiny their cocks are?

Everybody will get hurt when the UN rolls in and puts everybody in deathcamps.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've definitely seen people with some morbid glee at the thought of red voters voting themselves into an early grave by denying themselves health care

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

JaucheCharly posted:

Everybody will get hurt when the UN FEMA rolls in and puts everybody in deathcamps.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

cheetah7071 posted:

I've definitely seen people with some morbid glee at the thought of red voters voting themselves into an early grave by denying themselves health care

To be fair, there is a difference between "This bad thing is good because my enemies think it is bad" and "This bad thing is funny because my enemies are doing it to themselves".

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Our lives would have mattered to us and our friends and family. The things we have done (the good ones).
Life is like if a web of relations. Life is a relay race, and every racer in it matter in so much is necessary for the next runners. And sometimes people do cool poo poo. I live for the cool poo poo.

I am sorry this cartoon artist lack the empathy to understand other people feelings.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tei posted:

Our lives would have mattered to us and our friends and family. The things we have done (the good ones).
Life is like if a web of relations. Life is a relay race, and every racer in it matter in so much is necessary for the next runners. And sometimes people do cool poo poo. I live for the cool poo poo.

I am sorry this cartoon artist lack the empathy to understand other people feelings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gXaMnkmGq0

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 3, 2017

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

It's true, I don't really want people to stop shooting each other dead, I'm just in it because I love spiting Red Neck Rethuglicans. You dumb motherfucker.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Voyager I posted:

To be fair, there is a difference between "This bad thing is good because my enemies think it is bad" and "This bad thing is funny because my enemies are doing it to themselves".
Yep. The fact that Le Triggered Libcucks aren't introducing and enthusiastically voicing their support of legislation that endangers poor people is kind of sort of slightly maybe a pretty fuckin key distinction between the two situations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Putting it at the very top of the page kinda saps the punch out of the joke, even moreso than his weeks and weeks of blogging about TV shows that make even Hagar look dark.

"joke"

how are you so mutherfucking dumb Tinsley? (Also: why does it say political science if it's about climate science?)

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Frank & Ernest still the best drat comic strip, political or otherwise.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

sheep-dodger posted:

"joke"

how are you so mutherfucking dumb Tinsley? (Also: why does it say political science if it's about climate science?)
PoLiticaL ScieИce... .

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

sheep-dodger posted:

"joke"
If you're religious enough you don't even know there can exist knowledge systems that aren't based on blind faith I guess.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sheep-dodger posted:

"joke"

He's claiming the science itself is polirical. I.e. Dems just lying to try and advance their agenda. So uncut prpjection.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

You won me. Who said there's nothing to be gained from spite?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
A hundred bucks, with each bill saying "gently caress You Dutton". Two can play at the political spite game.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

It's time for a Klassic Kelly Edit.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Same can be said for people who believe in an afterlife.
Like, Paradise sounds real neat. Why would you want to stick around on this piece of crap?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

:psyduck:

Stantis thinks Trump is plotting with Russia to literally commit treason against the USA, and he still defends Trump for firing the guy investigating that? What?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Bad Scary Nicaragua didn't sign the Paris Accord because it wasn't ambitious enough.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...newable-energy/

quote:

Blessed with 19 volcanoes, high winds and plenty of water, Nicaragua, for more than a decade, has been gradually transforming its economy to try to reduce its dependence on foreign oil, NPR reported. That dependence meant market fluctuations that led to 12-hour blackouts that paralyzed the country and brought the economy to a halt.

“The decision was made that we had to begin shifting toward renewable energy,” Gabriel Sánchez, who works for the business promotion agency ProNicaragua, told NPR. “A set of policies was put in place that would allow renewable energy projects to be developed in Nicaragua.”

By 2015, renewables were generating about half of Nicaragua’s electricity, but government officials say the number is on track to reach 90 percent by 2020, according to the World Bank. Renewables constitute 13 percent of the United States’ energy production.

“In the region, Nicaragua is second only to Costa Rica in terms of the share — 21 percent — of renewable, non-hydraulic energy in the region,” the World Bank reported. “The energy output of its geothermic resources is considered the best in Central America.”
Nicaragua!!!! :argh:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

What I generally see with gun control is "this policy is good, and as a bonus it will make my political enemies poo poo themselves with rage and/or terror, which makes it even better".

I've also seen "this policy is bad, but at least it will gently caress over the people who voted for it more than it will me".

I don't think I've ever seen "this policy is good solely because my enemies dislike it" or "this policy is bad, but my enemies dislike it, which makes it actually good" from the left.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Trump: But Jesus, I look back on my life and see only one set of footprints.
Jesus: No poo poo you loving lunatic, now begone ye wicked and burn forever in the lake of fire.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Alien Space Horse-Thor beat you to it, Adam.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Itzena posted:

Alien Space Horse-Thor beat you to it, Adam.

It takes dedication to be an atheist when you're literally wielding the hammer of the gods.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Conservative party – Craig Mackinlay, the Tory candidate for South Thanet, has been charged over allegations of illegal election spending during the party’s 2015 campaign" After Millais.

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Howard Pyle.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Haven't seen this Latuff posted - backstory on this is that the actress playing Wonder Woman served in the IDF and once tweeted a somewhat anti-Palestinian message

Diamonds On MY Fish fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 3, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Stephen Collins is consistently the best :allears:

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

Haven't seen this Latuff posted - backstory on this is that the actress playing Wonder Woman served in the IDF and once tweeted a somewhat anti-Palestinian message [timg] https://imgur.com/gallery/7wzKC[/timg]

Yeah, it came up earlier -- it's worth remembering that IDF service is in fact mandatory for Israeli citizens, but that doesn't explain tweets

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Alhazred posted:

It takes dedication to be an atheist when you're literally wielding the hammer of the gods.

There's a book series that involves a Muslim valkyrie as a prominent character. She thinks the Aesir and Vanir are clearly just aliens posing as gods. Heimdall agrees with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

For those that don't know, Collins is published in the Guardian, so this is a self-reference

• Locked thread