Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

By Joose, do you guys mean that Four Loko competitor? It's gotta be something stronger than that with these stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

By Joose, do you guys mean that Four Loko competitor? It's gotta be something stronger than that with these stories.

No, it was some benzodiazepene analog they were getting through gray-market sources as "research chemicals." Believe it was called phenazepam, as referenced earlier in the thread.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
the 2nd joose/phenazepam thread had it's own "best of" section right in the OP, go read that-

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3230894

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i think the piano guy ended up slow roasting himself in his car while high on some other dumb rear end combination of detergent and ground up flintstones vitamins

he died as he lived

getting baked

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I thought the car goon was abusing his sleep medicine when that happened not joose. The wife coming back for insurance fraud advice was sweet af

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

swamp waste posted:

It's the least dramatic of the joose stories but i always appreciated the guy who was crying because he punched his wife in the back of the head to prove she wasn't real

I laughed my rear end off at that one. The spousal violence and surreality had shades of Burroughs :monocle:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

the piano guy and the baked to death guy were definitely two different people

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Also, I'm pretty sure the baked to death dude was blasting heroic doses of loperamide/immodium and not joose

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure the baked to death dude was blasting heroic doses of loperamide/immodium and not joose

Definitely someone passed away because of immodium.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

WrenP-Complete posted:

Definitely someone passed away because of immodium.

I think that one was in a theater maybe?

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
There's like a whole constellation of deaths that we all have vague recollections of

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
You guys are combining all the stories, like remember that guy who carried a pppppowerbook to that girl's house before roasting himself and a whole bunch of bees in Hawaii?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Car roasting, movie theatre Imodium, and phenazepam piano are all different people and drugs.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Wasn't there a guy who asked TFR for advice on keeping people from vandalizing his halloween decorations and ended up shooting some people?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Someday there's gonna be a post mortem on this grand human experiment and we gotta make sure they get these things straight.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Someday there's gonna be a post mortem on this grand human experiment and we gotta make sure they get these things straight.

The Library of Congress has your back:
http://blogs.loc.gov/folklife/2014/06/getting-serious-about-collecting-and-preserving-digital-culture/

quote:

Today, a more elegant solution is at hand thanks to the Library’s Web Archiving Program, and together we’re piloting a project to archive websites that document Internet cultures. Given the vastness of the task at hand, we solicited help from a range of folklore practitioners and scholars who study internet folklore by asking them to nominate sites that would constitute the inaugural collection.

The best way to get a grip on what collections documenting internet culture and folklore would look like is to take a quick look at the initial list of sites we are collecting, or hoping to collect. By no means is this intended to be exhaustive, it’s really just a first step at collecting a slice of some of the records of digital culture.

So far we’ve received permission to crawl the following sites:

[...]

Something Awful
Something Awful includes blog entries, forums, feature articles, digitally edited pictures, and humorous media reviews.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
The Imodium overdose (desperate opiate addicts can use Imodium to get high at near-deadly doses to be effective for them) was in a theatre. His husband was the one who posted the story in e/n.

edited for many factual errors

Scudworth has a new favorite as of 02:09 on Jun 3, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Instant Sunrise posted:

Wasn't there a guy who asked TFR for advice on keeping people from vandalizing his halloween decorations and ended up shooting some people?

Good old forbiddenforum.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1606

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Immodium corpse's spouse was male.

It was opiate-blackout car-bake spouse (f) who posted in TCC about the easy-drive-oven experience and quickly veered into "these are his pills, how do I make sure the nonprescribed ones don't show on his insurance postmortem because we need the money"

oh god how do i know all this

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Immodium corpse's spouse was male.

It was opiate-blackout car-bake spouse (f) who posted in TCC about the easy-drive-oven experience and quickly veered into "these are his pills, how do I make sure the nonprescribed ones don't show on his insurance postmortem because we need the money"

oh god how do i know all this

Didn't she also find an unlabelled grabbag of pills he left behind and tried to ask TCC the safest way to take some before they ultimately talked her into flushing them?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Zore posted:

Didn't she also find an unlabelled grabbag of pills he left behind and tried to ask TCC the safest way to take some before they ultimately talked her into flushing them?

Yeah, she did ask what they were and strongly inferred she'd use them herself if they were anything 'good'. At least that's the way I read her post, and I was sober at the time.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
one pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small / and the ones your dead spouse left you, gets you roast by a fire ball / why is there, a Bechstein in my hall

Tiler Kiwi has a new favorite as of 05:45 on Jun 3, 2017

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

if you think those tcc stories are the :psyduck: ones then you haven't stumbled on the concept of performing a robe-and-chalice ceremony with dmt tea in order to hallucinate that you're speaking with divine beings and the devil to get a greater understanding of the world

there's some dudes who eat shrooms and listen to music, and some dudes who drink dmt from a goblet to talk with god

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
harm reduction

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
The guy who pulled a gun on his wife, got real paranoid, and was mad she reported his phenazepam usage to his pain pill doc died in a hot car, but probably not from the heat. He'd picked up his script for some strong rear end opiate, and had taken one from the new bottle. Plus definitely had phenazepam in his system, plus who knows what else. Enough joose & one strong opiate pill may have been enough. Mixing opiated and benzos is extremely dangerous, you can mix the same doses ten times, be fine nine times, and die from being so relaxed you stop breathing the tenth time.

His wife definitely implied she'd eat the pills if they were "good," but I honestly can't judge her too much because her husband had just died. That's me.

Immodium guy was more recent, and an E/N post if anyone is looking. Immodium is technically an opiate, but it's a tiny dose and normally doesn't cross the brain-blood barrier, so the brain feels no effects. There's some other OTC medicine people apparently take along with boxes of Immodium that causes it to cross the BBB, and give some kind of high. Doing this also tends to make people's hearts stop, I can't remember why. IIRC, that's how Immodium Husband died.

Does anyone else remember that quasi-legal opiod powder? Not krokidill, not Fentanyl. It was something you bought at head shops, wasn't very strong. Pretty sure it's been banned now.

Goons were taking it in large quantities. Apparently it was pretty nasty. I remember a photo of it mixed with peanut butter. It was grainy, green peanut butter due to the mix. I just remember going "why peanut butter of all loving things? It's an opiate, it causes constipation."

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

That would be our good friend Kratom, a leafy powder substance that can be useful for manic depression and BPD in small doses, and otherwise abused by people for hope that it will give them a high

The Kratom thread brought us great moments like a dude doing a common way of ingesting the nasty-tasting powder at his workplace, the toss and wash, where you toss the powder in your mouth while you have a mouthful of water. He did it, a coworker started a conversation with him, then midway through his coworker talking he exhaled through his nose and green powder blew out. :discourse:

That same thread also had these SUPER high concentrate juices you could buy from sites that apparently hosed you up good, and after some goons got a hold of it, sent it to a lab to get tested. Ended up having zero Kratom, and it was mostly based off a different Chinese research chemical.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
breakfast machine music starts as goon stares at quasi-legal substance / potentially lethal chinese death powder used to kill stray dogs, in their hand. they stroke their chin quizzically, glancing across their kitchen. camera slowly pans across piles of empty pill bottles, bloody tissues, then, alone, on the shelves, a can of peanut butter stands innocently. camera cuts back to goon, slowly zooms in as a grin slowly grows across their face

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Goons were taking it in large quantities. Apparently it was pretty nasty. I remember a photo of it mixed with peanut butter. It was grainy, green peanut butter due to the mix. I just remember going "why peanut butter of all loving things? It's an opiate, it causes constipation."

Kratom shitpaste!

And the "extract" (which was probably just a research chemical opiate in an alcohol solution - one of the Vice dudes got a sample tested and found it contained o-dsmt, a Tramadol relative, but thread regulars insisted the extract can't be o-dsmt because it doesn't ~~feel the same~~)... anyway, that stuff was the very definition of "legal internet heroin"

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

tccc is a treasure and i am pleased it exists

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
Yeah, the thing with loperamide was that it messed with purkinje cells in the heart causing sudden cardiac death. A completely different mechanism that's not seen in other opioids.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

tccc is a treasure and i am pleased it exists

Their make fun of idiots on other sites thread is pretty great. It's mostly goons posting the dumb poo poo they've done.

Fututor Magnus posted:

A few months back, my roommate and I decided to dose on some 25I-NBOMe we had recently purchased. We took the doses around 8pm on a Friday night. We were glad the week as over and we were excited to trip. He took 1 blotter and I took 2. Each blotter was advertised to be about 500 ug.

I consider myself an experienced tripper having taken (Mushroom 5 times, LSD 15+ times, 2CE 1 time). I have taken over 1000ug of LSD before without ill effects. I usually have great mental control over my trips.

The onset was very rapid, within 30 minutes I was having some nice tracers and visual distortions. At this point, I felt a burning energy coming from deep inside me - as I have before on other hallucinogens. We ate ginger and smoked cannabis to help with any nausea. By 1 hour, I was having full blown crisp visuals: tessellation and patterns, movement, color changes in the environment. Needless to say, I was very happy with the visual part of the trip.

However, the energy inside me was getting stronger. I felt somewhat uneasy and crazy, as if the energy was trying to take me over. I had a desire to go on a run, and I though that if I started running I would likely never stop. To calm myself down, I went outside on my porch. The trees surrounding me we relaxing, and I felt at peace. Yet something was still off. I felt like I couldn't trust myself. It was as if I could feel the rational part of me slipping away as the trip got stronger.

The first sign that something was wrong was when I started to climb over the balcony (our porch is about 15 feet high). 'I think it would be cool to jump' I told my roommate. Part of me assured me I would be able to jump without any problem, but deep inside me I could feel what was left of my inhibitions begging me not to. 'Yea but then you'll have to walk back up,' said my clever roommate. Reluctantly I followed him inside.

I knew I was loosing control, but I was trying to hold on to reality as long as I could. After a few minutes of sitting on the couch, I could not take it anymore. I stood up and went over to the wall pressing my chest up against it. I banged my arms against the wall yelling stupidly. I felt an amazing satisfaction to let go, to stop resisting the energy within me, to express myself loudly.

And thats the last thing I remember.

The police report goes on to describe how I flipped the glass living room table. I started playing with pieces of broken glass, throwing them like nun-chucks into the walls. I turned and threw a piece at my other roommate. I missed, barely slicing his throat. He locked himself in his room. My tripping roommate tried to grab me and stop me. I beat him to the ground, giving him a concussion. Then I took of my clothes completely, and ran around my street. I destroyed a car by elbow slamming it and then kicking the door in. I chased after neighbors and banged on their doors.

Eventually the Fire Department came. I tried to push the first truck backwards and then I climbed to the top of it. After a while, I ran off to a more busy intersection. Finally, the police came. I approached the officer with a balled fist and he pepper sprayed me. I was tackled and handcuffed. As the stood me back up I kicked one of the officers in the face. I was tranquilized and brought to the hospital.

I woke up in a freezing Jail wearing nothing but a hospital gown, with no idea what had happened. The next morning I saw that I had 2 felonies and 4 misdemeanors an my bond was set to $22,000.

I have had flashbacks since the event. I remember an odd mixture of delusions:

1. the world was over and we could party forever without consequence (it was my duty to share this fact with everyone else on my street and get them to start partying with me)
2. I was hulk fighting a fire truck in an action movie
3. We are all balls connected to other humans by springs. The harder we move and express ourselves, the larger our ripple effect becomes, the more unstoppable our movement becomes.
4. By being the loudest, strongest, and most vibrant person, I would bring myself and my children fame, money, and glory

My roommates still have people come up to them at parties asking 'Y'all are the roommates of the crazy guy, right? Man, he was scary! He looked like a blood-covered ripped demon. Has he always been so insane?'

'No, he's a pretty normal guy. Never did anything weird before that.' they assume them.

I have not been back to the neighborhood due to bail restrictions.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jesus.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MisterOblivious posted:

Their make fun of idiots on other sites thread is pretty great. It's mostly goons posting the dumb poo poo they've done.

Makes me think of Happy Sunshine Music, by S.C. Hayden.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Yes and I have the whole thing in a pastebin, I can post it if I find it or when I get home. It's one of the wildest things I've ever read online.

edit: found a different pastebin of it:
https://ja.pastebin.ca/1679023

:allbuttons:

Jesus loving Christ

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You guys are combining all the stories, like remember that guy who carried a pppppowerbook to that girl's house before roasting himself and a whole bunch of bees in Hawaii?

*every poster from every subforum die from everything for a HUGE thread*

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Didn't printer carrying guy kill himself in the end?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Enough joose & one strong opiate pill may have been enough. Mixing opiated and benzos is extremely dangerous, you can mix the same doses ten times, be fine nine times, and die from being so relaxed you stop breathing the tenth time.

Small clarification: Opiates paralyze some of the breathing muscles. This is why they can be effective cough suppressants. This may just be a layperson/scientist distinction though.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

multijoe posted:

Didn't printer carrying guy kill himself in the end?

I have heard that he did, yeah

But who knows if you can really believe anything that gets posted on here

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I remember most of these, but not the Joose seller who died on a park bench and goons were trying to get refunds from seller's family. What was that about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of park benches,I crack up whenever I remember the goon who flipped out and threw his pizza at some teens looking for weed.