Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Erd posted:

I can't tell if you are serious or not? That ENB takes a really colourful game and sucks all the colour out of it? I mean, yikes.

Not really serious, no.

I tried Pilgrim when I was in Far Harbor and even there it's not even remotely as amazing as all the hype suggests so I guess I was being silly for no reason, apologies. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Sensenmann posted:

Not really serious, no.

I tried Pilgrim when I was in Far Harbor and even there it's not even remotely as amazing as all the hype suggests so I guess I was being silly for no reason, apologies. :)

I am pretty sure far harbour is essentially a riff of every stephan king trope anyway, so of course it looks like a rotting swamp.

By the way, Nearly 6000 downloads and True Legendaries only has 204 endorsements. people are ungrateful yo.

loving "the Raddest stag" always gets me giggling, what other creatures and people can be legendary again?

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
I've only encountered legendary triggermen and 'Mack the Knife' is actually a super appropriate name that a fallout mobster would take.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

staberind posted:

loving "the Raddest stag" always gets me giggling, what other creatures and people can be legendary again?
Your mod order is your business, but True Legendaries was not meant as a sexual hit list mod

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

staberind posted:

Anglers
Assaultrons
Automatron Robots
Bloodworms
Bloatflies
Bloodbugs
Brotherhood Soldiers
Cave Crickets
Deathclaws
Feral Ghouls
Fog Crawlers
Glowing Ghouls
Gulpers
Gunners
Mirelurks (Regular/Hunters/Kings/Queen)
Mister Gutsys
Molerats
Mutant Hounds
Protectrons
Rad-Ants (Regular and Swarm)
Rad-Rats
Rad-Roaches
Rad-Scorpions
Rad-Stags
Raiders (Regular/Rust Devils/Pack/Disciples/Operators)
Sentry Bots
Super Mutants
Synths
Trappers
Triggerman (Human and Ghoul)
Wild Dogs
Wolves
Yao-Guai

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pwnstar posted:

Anglers
Assaultrons
Automatron Robots
Bloodworms
Bloatflies
Bloodbugs
Brotherhood Soldiers
Cave Crickets
Deathclaws
Feral Ghouls
Fog Crawlers
Glowing Ghouls
Gulpers
Gunners
Mirelurks (Regular/Hunters/Kings/Queen)
Mister Gutsys
Molerats
Mutant Hounds
Protectrons
Rad-Ants (Regular and Swarm)
Rad-Rats
Rad-Roaches
Rad-Scorpions
Rad-Stags
Raiders (Regular/Rust Devils/Pack/Disciples/Operators)
Sentry Bots
Super Mutants
Synths
Trappers
Triggerman (Human and Ghoul)
Wild Dogs
Wolves
Yao-Guai

So I guess the monotonous work is duplicating and adding names?
If this is still the go to list for adding stuff to, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q2QyiyICNl8LB4HXWOnQZnTV9rF-UW5lrCHmdrYX_YM/edit
I'd be glad to pick a group and do some donky data entry.

if we all pick a group to curate, we can just keep adding whatever ends up on our list, then just merge al the esp's

Also agree with Grindr comment.
Also, yeah, I don't care if it messes up other mods, (but I will look into that as well), this is an excellent goon project. massive Kudos.

staberind fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jun 3, 2017

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

staberind posted:

So I guess the monotonous work is duplicating and adding names?
If this is still the go to list for adding stuff to, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q2QyiyICNl8LB4HXWOnQZnTV9rF-UW5lrCHmdrYX_YM/edit
I'd be glad to pick a group and do some donky data entry.

if we all pick a group to curate, we can just keep adding whatever ends up on our list, then just merge al the esp's

Also agree with Grindr comment.
Also, yeah, I don't care if it messes up other mods, (but I will look into that as well), this is an excellent goon project. massive Kudos.

Thanks but its ok. I just released a new version yesterday with a bunch more names, I'll probably do another pass on creatures in a bit and that should be enough. I don't want bloat the mod with too much wacky poo poo just for the sake of it, theres almost 100 names just for regular Raiders in there already so I've probably already gone too far.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I'm the guy who suggested Grindr and a bunch of other stuff. I love the mod and hope you can make it Raider/Mutie overhaul friendly.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
^^^^Nice one!, and yeah, groovy, too much of a good thing I guess.

So, I got the Nyx armor, to give to humanised curie and ada, It's p niceee, however, the colours are a bit gash, so I thought of editing the Textures a bit, however the usual gimp .dds plugin just crashes, anyone know of any work arounds?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Pwnstar posted:

Thanks but its ok. I just released a new version yesterday with a bunch more names, I'll probably do another pass on creatures in a bit and that should be enough. I don't want bloat the mod with too much wacky poo poo just for the sake of it, theres almost 100 names just for regular Raiders in there already so I've probably already gone too far.

Thanks for making it open to us. I checked back on the gdoc and noticed that the Gulpers/Fog Crawlers entry is blank. Is it too late if I add a few this evening?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah I pretty much tweaked the document and added both the DLC baddies and the vanilla ones that were missing. Good news for people who were afraid their suggestions for Mirelurk or Mutie hound getting cut!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

staberind posted:

^^^^Nice one!, and yeah, groovy, too much of a good thing I guess.

So, I got the Nyx armor, to give to humanised curie and ada, It's p niceee, however, the colours are a bit gash, so I thought of editing the Textures a bit, however the usual gimp .dds plugin just crashes, anyone know of any work arounds?

Try The Compressionator or Irfanview.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yeah I pretty much tweaked the document and added both the DLC baddies and the vanilla ones that were missing. Good news for people who were afraid their suggestions for Mirelurk or Mutie hound getting cut!

Yeah, in retrospect I want to migrate half of my Mirelurk suggestions over to the Fog Crawler/Gulper column.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Pwnstar are you taking names you like out the google document for the mod if so? should be easy to migrate things if he does.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

turn off the TV posted:

No, but I'm guessing there might only be one.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16280/

That's the one, thanks

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Father Wendigo posted:

Thanks for making it open to us. I checked back on the gdoc and noticed that the Gulpers/Fog Crawlers entry is blank. Is it too late if I add a few this evening?

Nah its fine. At the moment all the Far Harbor creatures are Lovecraft themed (most of my original set of names were themed) so feel free to follow that theme or rebel violently against it to add variety.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Pwnstar are you taking names you like out the google document for the mod if so? should be easy to migrate things if he does.

I'm taking them in the sense that I'm using them, but I'm not removing them from the list itself. If you guys want to just copy paste the names you used before into a new category that's fine go crazy.

I'm not using every single name on the list but if a Mirelurk and a Fog Crawler both get the same name by accident or w/e its no big deal. Really appreciate these names guys btw, both because I get to be lazier and also because I laugh more when I find legendaries.

Pwnstar fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 3, 2017

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Patch users, arthmoor seems to be finally taking notice and closing in on a fix. Of course, it's the fault of the game engine and CK, not his immortal, perfect code. Thankfully lots of people are already thanking him for HIS patience.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Pwnstar posted:

I'm not using every single name on the list but if a Mirelurk and a Fog Crawler both get the same name by accident or w/e its no big deal. Really appreciate these names guys btw, both because I get to be lazier and also because I laugh more when I find legendaries.

I realise it was probably a coincidence that the legendary robot I ran into earlier had two of the clamp arms and was named Clamps but I prefer to think it was fate. Good mod.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Please add 'Taser Face' to the super mutant legendaries Tia.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Well what do we have here...

White Coursers?

"author note : this mod is not intended to be taken as racism, i personally dislike, demons and undead, as much as the living, most of the time, for these days, they typically all equally bare the mark of the beast, that are mobile phones, therein, becoming the “we are one” of the “borg collective”, and so not relevant to race..food for thought. Oh, and also, my first fallout 4 mod ( yay for me! ), as I finally got my hands on the creation kit (june 2017)."

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
So, I put about 250 hours into FO: New Vegas over 6-7 playthroughs, a couple vanilla and several mod heavy runs. After my vanilla run of FO4, I decided to take the bullet train to Modville. I have like 20 mods going, mostly lighting, weather, grass, trees, interiors, Super Mutants, Raiders, and settlement overhauls. I added a couple new quests and armor mods too.

Problem is... playthrough number 2 is feeling pretty samey. I never did BOS in my first run, so I'm doing them now, but the gameplay loops are just kinda whatever still. I love all the graphical changes, but it just feels like I don't have the variety of paths that I did in FONV.

Are there any really buckwild mods that change up the feel of the game? Better combat, more gameplay tweaks, anything that gives this some more varied replay?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

You can try some of the extreme survival stuff like Horizon, but honestly, you're probably just not going to get hugely varied gameplay loops or story arcs between playthroughs in FO4. The weapon upgrade system combined with the change in weapon classes from type to handedness makes the combat feel very samey after a while even if it is more fluid than the older games. There's really not much that can be done about the story, so you're out of luck there. The two well-received survival mods which I have not played are Horizon and FROST, and the goonsensus here seems to be that Horizon is better.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Does anyone have a copy of the ultra widescreen patches updated mod the author has hidden it on nexus and I can't find a backup. It's the best 21:9 mod.

Find it funny older bethesda games work better with 21:9 than new ones do.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

so I didn't like fallout 3 but grabbed this and got mods via the in game lazy way. Game's been alright for the first few hours. The bullet time mod is super fun, but throwing 200 rounds into a skull raider dude and only getting half health down was a bit lovely. Is this because I'm being a mad man using the in game rather than external site mods, \something is odd, just the behavior of the "more dangerous raider or whoever mods", or fallout just being fallout (bad like fallout 3)?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

Does anyone have a copy of the ultra widescreen patches updated mod the author has hidden it on nexus and I can't find a backup. It's the best 21:9 mod.

Find it funny older bethesda games work better with 21:9 than new ones do.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24630/

This just showed up at the same time, so I guess this guy is taking it over?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Dr Snofeld posted:

I realise it was probably a coincidence that the legendary robot I ran into earlier had two of the clamp arms and was named Clamps but I prefer to think it was fate. Good mod.

That was by design actually. Glad you liked it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It's been a while, I've been waiting for the last two weeks to collect some interesting mods on the Nexus to post (and use myself now I am back playing the game again!)

Bobblehats is an interesting Bobblehead model edit replacing the Vault Suit on the mascot with outfits that clearly define their attribute or skill boosts visually!

Canteens of the Commonwealth adds a series of canteens useful for survival ruins, includes themed canteens for facitons and stuff!

Stuff from the older games! The Park Ranger hat! and Legionary's Gear from Caesars Legion!

If you are a big impatient grump like me in later play throughs and tire of the long rear end animation and pause you have to go through with the games NPC doctors Shut Up And Heal Me Doc pretty much removes this animation and all the chit chat and goes straight to the heals.

A new non modern canon weapon, ever wanted a SA80 British Army bullpup Rifle to pop Mutie heads with?

The Meritable Minigun is a lore friendly retexture of the this bullet hose that recreates the Minigum from F3/FNV instead of the new model they brought in for this game.

Pristine Cryolator is a retexture that removes the rust and age from a gun that has been locked away from the elements for the last two centuries.

Another lore friendly-ish texture, the Radical Ripper model tweak gives it some teeth and changes the model to look more like the classical Ripper from the previous games.

Love power armor in this game but worry you might become too dependent on it and your character build is pointless now you have a walking death tank? Power Armor Atrophy basically introduces minor debuffs to your character if they spend too long cowering around in the tin can and not going outside.

Ever wanted your character to be more like a super hero? Mutant Powers gives you the ability to take and absorb all kinds of powers from unique NPC bosses scattered around the Commonwealth!

Perks! some of them kind of suck or could do with some oomph! how about a sniper perk revamp that gives you the ability to hold your breath for better accuracy in later stages? ore on that pretty much lets you survive fall damage with your new adamantium skeleton?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

so I didn't like fallout 3 but grabbed this and got mods via the in game lazy way. Game's been alright for the first few hours. The bullet time mod is super fun, but throwing 200 rounds into a skull raider dude and only getting half health down was a bit lovely. Is this because I'm being a mad man using the in game rather than external site mods, \something is odd, just the behavior of the "more dangerous raider or whoever mods", or fallout just being fallout (bad like fallout 3)?

We can't tell without info on what mods you're actually using.

But it is probably just fallout 4 being fallout 4, with a little help from the mod. If, the mod you're using basically allows any level raider to spawn, then what you're running into is simply the statflation health pools of higher level NPCs. It would happen regardless of the mods, it just wouldn't be quite so stupid by virtue of having more damage multipliers on your side thanks to perks. To be clear, it would still be retarded, and vanilla F4 will still have NPCs eating dozens of rounds to the face and keep kicking, despite the perks. If you're playing on any difficulty other than normal, the problem is further exacerbated by bethesda's typical "difficulty" modifiers amounting to increasing NPC damage, and decreasing player damage. At very hard+ your damage is divided by 2. NPC damage is multiplied by 2.

So if you're in a situation where you're fighting a level 30ish raider, on Very Hard/Survival, without higher level damage perks, you could be looking at a situation where you're plinking away at their 400 deep health pool, at 2 damage per shot, where all shots are head shots.

Have fun!

But seriously. You need to provide a list of what mods you're using, by name, and what difficulty you're playing on, etc. There are a few mods out there that specifically address Bethesda's dumb balance, but before any recommendations or suggestions are made we need more to go on.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Found out that it was Commonwealth Challenges that was causing the weird VATS and Fatman kill hit sounds with shooting stuff.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SeanBeansShako posted:

Found out that it was Commonwealth Challenges that was causing the weird VATS and Fatman kill hit sounds with shooting stuff.

The hell? No wonder it was hard to find. Maybe they use that sound for some of their challenges and that messed it up, I guess?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Nope, turns out I was wrong?

What in the gently caress.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

SeanBeansShako posted:

Nope, turns out I was wrong?

What in the gently caress.

Did you ever look at the sound edits from your .esps?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

Did you ever look at the sound edits from your .esps?

I did and from what I could make out everything with the weapons sound wise is all fine so it isn't any of them. I'm just going to go through each mod another day one by one.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

If I wanted to edit armors just to like add stats or whatever is that something I am better off using FO4Edit on or does that have to be done with the creation kit?

Is there a tutorial how to do this? Same thing for weapons and things like damage.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

cheesetriangles posted:

If I wanted to edit armors just to like add stats or whatever is that something I am better off using FO4Edit on or does that have to be done with the creation kit?

Is there a tutorial how to do this? Same thing for weapons and things like damage.

If you want to edit armor from the vanilla game? Load up FO4edit and whatever plugins contain the records you want to edit (i.e. the individual armor pieces, weapons, weapon mods, et cetera). Select the records you want to edit in F04edit and hit "copy as override" into a new plugin, which you can name whatever you want. From there, make whatever changes you desire, save, activate your plugin in your load order, and you're good to go. It's drop dead easy, so this is literally the tutorial:

1) open f04edit
2) find the records you want to edit
3) copy as override the records you want to edit into a new plugins
4) save

It doesn't get much simpler tbh.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Would the same apply to modded items? Like load that esp then do the same steps?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Okay, so I just learned about this mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlJAV55qllA
I'm almost afraid to try it.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Loomer posted:

I might use Pilgrim for my next Far Harbour run. It seems like it'd work best for Spooky Gothic Maine.

Pilgrim (at least the combat music and weather system) doesn't work in FH/NW yet, and probably won't even work in mod-added worldspaces. I'm looking at you, Dark Park.

That said, I dig the poo poo out of it, though the desaturation could use a little tuning to not be quite so harsh. A little color is okay. Either way, it's like STALKER meets Fallout, especially if you grab that flashlights mod suggested by the Pilgrim author.

cheesetriangles posted:

Would the same apply to modded items? Like load that esp then do the same steps?

Basically.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

marshmallow creep posted:

Okay, so I just learned about this mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlJAV55qllA
I'm almost afraid to try it.

Yet another government watchlist, ho hum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hi I played with fo4edit for a few hours and learned how to mod basic stuff.

It started off kinda hard when I was an idiot that didn't know how to use fo4edit at all but it started to make more sense after an hour and now it seems pretty easy and powerful.