Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
I'm sorry guys, we had a new proofer become available and he tried to proof 172 and it's... not good. It's taking me way longer than it should to typeset this, so it's going to be delayed a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tarage posted:

I'm sorry guys, we had a new proofer become available and he tried to proof 172 and it's... not good. It's taking me way longer than it should to typeset this, so it's going to be delayed a day.

What's the role of the proofer again? I assume it's more than proofreading the translation.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It's more of a script editor. Modifying lines for tone, checking content, making sure the characters' voices are correct, etc.

Like, when you read someone speaking in an accent or something, that's us.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It's more of a script editor. Modifying lines for tone, checking content, making sure the characters' voices are correct, etc.

Trap motherfukkin' sprung. Grab 'em, boys! We got ourselves a proofer!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Nah, i don't proof this (or anything, really) anymore.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I kinda just hang out and give tarage poo poo.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Ok, it was worth a shot!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

We thank you for your service. Past and present.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Tarage posted:

Could you post both, just for us to see what kind of work goes into properly proofing something like this? I assume that a lot of your dissatisfaction comes from the handling of the voices, which is something you've posted concerns about before. I'd like to see the difference, if possible.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
We don't typeset both versions, if there are two. I haven't been on yet today to check, but what i assume happened is the not usual guy proofed, T looked at it and decided it wasn't up to snuff, then batted it back down to the regular guy (TsunTsun) to be redone.

Only that final version will be typeset.

I really should finish my scanlation OP...

E: if T approves (it's his project), what i can do is look at both versions of the script (a text document) and post some snippets that are different once the chapter is released.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

We don't typeset both versions, if there are two. I haven't been on yet today to check, but what i assume happened is the not usual guy proofed, T looked at it and decided it wasn't up to snuff, then batted it back down to the regular guy (TsunTsun) to be redone.

Only that final version will be typeset.

I really should finish my scanlation OP...

E: if T approves (it's his project), what i can do is look at both versions of the script (a text document) and post some snippets that are different once the chapter is released.

I mean if you want. IDGAF.

And yeah, I only got to page 10 last night because I was too busy correcting poo poo. Changing any line in typesetting can also change how it's lined.

I don't have time to go into it right now, but for those who are curious, our previous leader made a bunch of very good guides for this sort of thing. Check them out: http://prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/anonblacks-typesetting-guide/

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

please make more characters use gratuitous swears, thank you in advance

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

please make more characters use gratuitous swears, thank you in advance

I refuse to be Prozess(Scanlator joke sue me).

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#3baaeb8f097e1e04

Late 'pires is better than no 'pires.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

aw man these cliff hangers are killer

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
:tviv: well now

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Looking forward to Shimayama's inevitable arrest.

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016
We've seen mention of the principal before; Akane thought she was the one mucking about the future as the mysterious Box Girl. Assume she's bad news.

Speaking of Akane, I notice the past version of her teaching the class doesn't have her horns visible. Have we ever seen her without the horns? I thought they were the constant across her various transformations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

King Superman posted:

We've seen mention of the principal before; Akane thought she was the one mucking about the future as the mysterious Box Girl. Assume she's bad news.

Speaking of Akane, I notice the past version of her teaching the class doesn't have her horns visible. Have we ever seen her without the horns? I thought they were the constant across her various transformations.

Doesn't she sometimes take them off?

I think she temporarily removed them on her first appearance to show Youko that they were just decorations, before everyone found out she was actually a demon?

I should reread the chapters during lunchtime and find out.

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

Hate-Senpai posted:

Doesn't she sometimes take them off?

I think she temporarily removed them on her first appearance to show Youko that they were just decorations, before everyone found out she was actually a demon?

I should reread the chapters during lunchtime and find out.

Ah, you might be right there. I was just stuck remembering that she typically retains them when she's impersonating other characters.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
The ride never ends!!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So with Shiho's mom confirmed, that's 4 of the 7 mysteries accounted for. Is Shiho's mom also a wolfman, or did she get that from her dad? Or both?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Are those Oka's glasses?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I think it's a bit silly that there are so many parallels between the older generation and Asahi's. You'd expect some similarities, but it's completely mirrored.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

There Bias Two posted:

I think it's a bit silly that there are so many parallels between the older generation and Asahi's. You'd expect some similarities, but it's completely mirrored.
I think this is likely due to akari's meddling

Consider that Asahi is this group's visitor from the future, like Rin is for Asahi's group.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Captain Invictus posted:

I think this is likely due to akari's meddling

So what's her goal? It seems to go beyond proving that humans and non-humans can live together.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZiegeDame posted:

So with Shiho's mom confirmed, that's 4 of the 7 mysteries accounted for. Is Shiho's mom also a wolfman, or did she get that from her dad? Or both?

I think her dad was?

I've always thought that way for some reason, and now I can't remember why.

Also, it's bizarre that Shido no longer exhibits dog-like qualities, since they focus more on the transforming into a dude part.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

There Bias Two posted:

So what's her goal? It seems to go beyond proving that humans and non-humans can live together.

Shits and giggles

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZiegeDame posted:

Found it.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

There Bias Two posted:

Given how this series has gone, she has some sort of deep and meaningful reason that can be dumbed down to dumb and cute

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

There Bias Two posted:

I think it's hilarious that Akane seems to be arranging things this way, but also kind of sad. After all, how long has she been doing this? Has she been arranging for roughly the same class to appear since the old monk she shacked up with?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Considering they mentioned that Akane is always bringing people in for a month and "making them leave", and that Akane's stated goal is to unite humans and non-humans, and the past principal as been set up as opposed to Akane...I would guess the principal is opposed to weirdos being in the school. Probably for a cutedumb reason, but nonetheless.

Also betting that all the sorrowful past of not everyone getting to graduate together is actually referring to Kuromine himself not graduating in the past with them. Unless i'm not recalling what the exact lines were.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Wait, gently caress, snake-charmer lady('s wolf-man form) is Shiho's dad. (Also probably the "Sexual Deviant of Light")

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would doubt that, given that she has a name and is already as established character as, uh, something of the East.

Anna? Viper of the East?

I can't remember.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Tarage posted:

pires are the best part of my week, thanks~

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Hate-Senpai posted:

I would doubt that, given that she has a name and is already as established character as, uh, something of the East.

Anna? Viper of the East?

I can't remember.

Also, she's in the class with the CFP.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Cliffhangers aaaaaaaaa

Tarage posted:

Oh yeah I forgot to ask. Is it Yuuhi as in evening sun. Because I want to believe this dork just switched Morning with Evening.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 3, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kyte posted:

Oh yeah I forgot to ask. Is it Yuuhi as in evening sun. Because I want to believe this dork just switched Morning with Evening.
Search your feelings. You know the answer.

He might be the tsukkomi, but he's still a dumb + cute teenager. He went from Black Peak's Sunrise to Black Palace Sunset. He's a dork. :allears:

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Kyte posted:

Cliffhangers aaaaaaaaa

Translator confirmed, dork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
There are no heroes left in man!

http://bato.to/reader#ec751270fcdf701c

• Locked thread