Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Get slaves, gently caress witches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Edit: also what he said ^

I kind of wonder if they will incorporate black arks in any way. Maybe a mobile city that can only travel on the sea. Not a horde city but a full fledged settlement that moves and can have armies disembark from it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
That would be cool but just having a horde mechanic that only worked over water would be simpler. Being able to head out to sea to recuperate would be interesting since it might not be worth chasing them out there.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
The ffa game mode sounds good. Although I wish they would port over the feature from TW Arena where individual computers performance does not affect the speed of the game.

I'd love to play more big multiplayer team battles but if you get one idiot with a potato pc it slows the game down to a crawl for everyone.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Nash posted:

I kind of wonder if they will incorporate black arks in any way. Maybe a mobile city that can only travel on the sea. Not a horde city but a full fledged settlement that moves and can have armies disembark from it.
The faq does talk about "some new sea-related campaign features".

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Theres a ton of revelation info coming out now but i'd like to point out PartyElite's video on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShrgPHWTQ-A

He gets good info about stuff that ive not seen jotted down anywhere else:
  • Vaul's Hammer is an ability you can gain as the High Elves, it summons a massive hammer to knock down walls in sieges.
  • Every race can perform "Rites", theese cost normal currency and give many different sort of buffs.
  • Lizardmen have a stance that gives them vanguard deployment, 50% longer sight on the campaign map.
  • High Elves also get a new stance that gives extra exp and winds etc to Wizards.
  • The new sea mechanics, such as storms etc, Ruins and Random Armies are apparently coming to Warhammer 1 as well if you own both games.
  • You can zoom out the map more and as the Lizardmen it'll show off the geomantic webb
  • There are quality tiers to the generic lords, Slann for instance have to be awakened to be added to the pool of recruitable lords
  • ALL DRAGONS INCLUDING THOSE IN WARHAMMER 1 ARE GETTING BREATH ATTACKS.

Edit: It looks amazing too!

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 2, 2017

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
The Ekrund Miners Regiment of Renown has a lot more extra blasting charges as one of its special traits. Mammon's mod gives an extra 100% bonus to that. With the noble sacrifice of the Dragonback Slayers and Peak Gate Guard, this was the result:

http://imgur.com/a/dmbPL (sorry for the link, imgur's not working right for me, can't get the embed)

And the cool thing was it was a legitimately important victory, since now Thorgrim's army is free to engage the endless orc swarms coming at me.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Any notes about how the dark elves are going to work?

So far other than the cinematic trailer I think all the info has been on lizards, with some in-engine high elves fighting them.

I'm guessing that they'll reveal high elves next and we'll see them fighting dark elves, then they'll segue into dark elves before the "Sidious is Palpatine"-level shocking twist that skaven are in drops.

I really hope the old races benefit from the new mechanics and get more content. Surely playable Boris and the Red Duke are still coming (and also maybe Kemmler going to the Mousillon start.) And I'd love to see Ungrim in Karak Kadrin and a buff to the mediocre caster lords to make them better than rando wizards.

Do we know if the old and new races will be able to fight in MP or does that have to wait until the combined map comes out?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Gejnor posted:

Theres a ton of revelation info coming out now but i'd like to point out PartyElite's video on it:

He gets good info about stuff that ive not seen jotted down anywhere else:
  • Vaul's Hammer is an ability you can gain as the High Elves, it summons a massive hammer to knock down walls in sieges.
  • Every race can perform "Rites", theese cost normal currency and give many different sort of buffs.
  • Lizardmen have a stance that gives them vanguard deployment, 50% longer sight on the campaign map.
  • High Elves also get a new stance that gives extra exp and winds etc to Wizards.
  • The new sea mechanics, such as storms etc, Ruins and Random Armies are apparently coming to Warhammer 1 as well if you own both games.
  • You can zoom out the map more and as the Lizardmen it'll show off the geomantic webb
  • There are quality tiers to the generic lords, Slann for instance have to be awakened to be added to the pool of recruitable lords
  • ALL DRAGONS INCLUDING THOSE IN WARHAMMER 1 ARE GETTING BREATH ATTACKS.

Edit: It looks amazing too!

Oh my gently caress that's gorgeous.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I really hope the old races benefit from the new mechanics and get more content. Surely playable Boris and the Red Duke are still coming (and also maybe Kemmler going to the Mousillon start.) And I'd love to see Ungrim in Karak Kadrin and a buff to the mediocre caster lords to make them better than rando wizards.
I'm still hoping they'll go back and add some new mechanics / redo existing mechanics for the WH1 factions. With the cool stuff the new factions are getting, the old races are probably going to feel somewhat lacking by comparison in the Combined Map.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Do we know if the old and new races will be able to fight in MP or does that have to wait until the combined map comes out?
According to the FAQ old & new factions fighting each other in multiplayer is happening. No word yet about whether we'll have to wait until the combined map DLC comes out for that. But the way the FAQ is worded makes me think that will be an option at launch.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 2, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

They did say they were looking at unique mechanics to set super-powerful wizards like the frogs (and I guess maybe Teclis) apart more from the regular mages. So here's hoping that the old Caster LLs get maybe a watered-down version of whatever that turns out to be, to give them a decent leg up compared to the generics.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Raygereio posted:

I'm still hoping they'll go back and add some new mechanics / redo existing mechanics for the WH1 factions. With the cool stuff the new factions are getting, the old races are probably going to feel somewhat lacking by comparison in the Combined Map.

Every faction is apparently getting faction-specific abilities you unlock by doing certain things. Apparently the high elves have one where if they (I think) take/rebuild a certain settlement, whenever they fight defensive battles they get access to an ability to summon giant eagle. Lizardmen doing X become able to summon "raptors from space", whatever that means. It sounded like every faction was getting these new abilities.

Lassitude fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 2, 2017

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What do y'all think the plan is with Estalia/Tilea/BP etc.? A minor overhaul to grant them some special units or something considering they're the main (only?) human forces in the New World?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

jokes posted:

What do y'all think the plan is with Estalia/Tilea/BP etc.? A minor overhaul to grant them some special units or something considering they're the main (only?) human forces in the New World?

Iirc the only permanenet settlement is actually norse.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Tilean/Estalian conquistador types are always running trips to plunder lizard mexico and bring it home, so hopefully we'll get some cool things tied to those.

I would LOVE a DLC pack that focuses only on events for the races based around plundering the poo poo out of lizard mexico, with high risks and high rewards. Maybe Tilea as a CA-made playable faction?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

jokes posted:

No Hype: some of the rogue armies are a mix of Dwarf/Norse/Bret/Imp units and access to cannons.

Slight Hype: there's a specific rogue army that has RoR-style reskins with one or two unique units. Leopold's Lost Legion shows up.

Lots-o-Hype: Ogres are added, and there's a Dogs Of War playable faction.

Maximum Overhype: Halflings :getin:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If don't give a poo poo about any of these autistic lizards or rear end in a top hat elves, I want my skaven war machines and inevitable tomb king Bone Giants with bows

j5mello
Jul 23, 2008
Whoever it was that wanted the Ark of Sotek, PartyElite's video mentions that the devs are working to try and get in game

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I love what they did with the UI in that screenshot. Plus, I mean, DINOSAURS WITH SPACE LASERS.

God dammit, CA, my hype boner is painful!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Party Elite is a bit detailed about things.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
A few more details I gleaned from some of the less getting to the point youtubers.

Apparently spells now have three pips in campaign, one to learn the spell, one to overcast, and third pip to reduce winds cost. Also sounds like more of the Legendary Caster lords will have access to a mix of lores instead of being assigned just one. I think they mentioned Teclis having access to all lore attributes, also.

Also sounds like settlements in Game 2 have extra slots, 8/6 instead of 6/4, giving the designers more room to introduce a larger number of building types and legendary buildings.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

madmac posted:

A few more details I gleaned from some of the less getting to the point youtubers.

Apparently spells now have three pips in campaign, one to learn the spell, one to overcast, and third pip to reduce winds cost. Also sounds like more of the Legendary Caster lords will have access to a mix of lores instead of being assigned just one. I think they mentioned Teclis having access to all lore attributes, also.

Also sounds like settlements in Game 2 have extra slots, 8/6 instead of 6/4, giving the designers more room to introduce a larger number of building types and legendary buildings.

I do hope they're not going to make Teclis spend a million levels filling out Loremaster of <x> skills. Having to spend two skill points to unlock overcast is also going to hurt and make it so casters are locked even harder into using very specific spells and ignoring less immediately useful spells, unless they have a solution planned for that.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Kanos posted:

I do hope they're not going to make Teclis spend a million levels filling out Loremaster of <x> skills. Having to spend two skill points to unlock overcast is also going to hurt and make it so casters are locked even harder into using very specific spells and ignoring less immediately useful spells, unless they have a solution planned for that.

Apparently the High Elves have an army stance that will make them earn XP faster and boost their magical power. Still going to use a double skill-points mod.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Oh, poo poo a mention of Estalia with accompanying concept art of conquistadors, hope this means they'll be getting at least a limited roster.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Kanos posted:

I have the same concerns, but won't know until we see it I guess.

quote:

Oh, poo poo a mention of Estalia with accompanying concept art of conquistadors, hope this means they'll be getting at least a limited roster.

There was a bit in an interview where they asked the CA dudes if they could create a new army just based on lore if they wanted and they were like *chuckle* "yeah, yeah we could." One of the devs also mentioned a few weeks ago that they don't have to specifically hold back units for DLC because they can just make up infinite new units based on obscure lore mentions if they ran out of armybook stuff, so it seems their flexibility from GW is extremely high at this point.

Which is a roundabout way of saying that they might actually surprise us with DLC factions coming up. I do really hope we get some kind of Estalia or Dogs of War army at some point, it just seems perfect for filling out the New World.

madmac fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jun 3, 2017

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

GW is loving garbage and it is a miracle Warhammer Fantasy has survived despite their best efforts to murder the franchise altogether over the years. I'd be super happy if Creative Assembly got the reigns to just design and come up with new armies whole cloth because at this point I think they'd do a way better job than GW

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
I agree, but also i have to say that the fact that CA is getting such high flexibility right now with the setting and factions must mean someone at GW actually really likes what they've done to their old defunct setting. Sure its 99.99% about how successful this has been commercially but a small part of me can't help but think they came in, saw the game in action and realised on some level that this is literallty their tabletop game coming alive in a way they've never seen it before.

I mean, even my dad, whos near 80 and who knows nothing about Games Workshop, Warhammer or what have you was stunned by this game the first time i showed it to him.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
So hype for a real Elf campaign, probably High Elves but we'll wait to see how Dark Elves work. Their goofy pointed helmets look a lot better in-engine than the chunky old models did.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

So hype for a real Elf campaign, probably High Elves but we'll wait to see how Dark Elves work. Their goofy pointed helmets look a lot better in-engine than the chunky old models did.

Imagine a t-rex stomping on an elf's face forever. That's your elf campaign.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Cythereal posted:

Them's fightin' words.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Elf vs Lizardmen head to head campaign, do it and stream it for the rest of us! :munch:

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Cythereal posted:

On this, we can agree.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
gotta see blood dlc effects on the carnosaur sync kills

i need it

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

toasterwarrior posted:

gotta see blood dlc effects on the carnosaur sync kills

i need it

It's going to be the Carnosaur kicking over the outhouse and grabbing the Elf Lawyer cowering inside and swinging his corpse around like a dog with a rabbit.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6f4njh/compilation_of_all_tww2_new_information/

A decent compilation of all the information that came out over the weekend though they did miss a few bits still.

Most notably I would say just the surprising admission from CA that they can create non-armybook factions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShrgPHWTQ-A&t=12s

"Yes, that's all we can say at the moment. We're on that!"

Also apparently the High Elves have a new racial mechanic to represent their "Martial Prowess" ability from TT. In TT it was what let them fight from an additional rank, in TW apparently they get a racial bonus to Melee Defense and Charge Resist as long as their HP is above a certain threshold.

Since both Lizardmen and High Elves get some new army-wide mechanics to represent their racial abilities, I fully expect will see something similar for Dark Elves Murderous Prowess and Skavens "Scurry Away!" and "Strength in Numbers"

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

quote:

Skeggi and Vampire Counts confirmed for Lustria. Human factions confirmed as well, although unclear which ones (besides Skeggi of course).

gently caress yes, I hope they (eventually) add unique skins for the Vampire Coast faction.

quote:

Stegadons are faster and reportedly have an adorable running animation.

:allears:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Angry Lobster posted:

Vampire Coast faction.

Tan vampires that say "dude" a lot

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

'Bretonnian trait system will now apply to all TW:W2 races. '

i hope they go back and implement this, along with some of the other improvements, to the old races as well

edit: oh duh, they already confirm that it will

Combined Map

Open beta will be released for the combined map before its final release as free DLC.
TW:W1 factions will gain TW:W2 new features on the combined map (unlikely to carry over to the TW:W1 standalone grand campaign)
Bretonnian trait system will be expanded to old factions, i.e. you will get notifications telling you why this or that Lord has a trait.
Dragons will receive breath attacks.
Settlement slot expansion to 8-Major and 6-Minor.
Old factions will be able to settle anywhere. Turn Lustria into a new Vampire haven, or rekindle the golden age of the Dawi by reconquering Karak Zorn, the legendary Dwarven hold deep in the heart of the Southlands.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Davincie posted:

'Bretonnian trait system will now apply to all TW:W2 races. '

i hope they go back and implement this, along with some of the other improvements, to the old races as well

edit: oh duh, they already confirm that it will

Combined Map

Open beta will be released for the combined map before its final release as free DLC.
TW:W1 factions will gain TW:W2 new features on the combined map (unlikely to carry over to the TW:W1 standalone grand campaign)
Bretonnian trait system will be expanded to old factions, i.e. you will get notifications telling you why this or that Lord has a trait.
Dragons will receive breath attacks.
Settlement slot expansion to 8-Major and 6-Minor.
Old factions will be able to settle anywhere. Turn Lustria into a new Vampire haven, or rekindle the golden age of the Dawi by reconquering Karak Zorn, the legendary Dwarven hold deep in the heart of the Southlands.

Wait. Does this mean they are abandoning the regional occupation or that the old factions just aren't blocked from settling in the New World?

I actually kind of like the regional occupation mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Randarkman posted:

Wait. Does this mean they are abandoning the regional occupation or that the old factions just aren't blocked from settling in the New World?

I actually kind of like the regional occupation mechanic.

I think it means the latter, rather than abolition of regional occupation entirely. Maybe the 'climate' stuff will affect old factions too.

• Locked thread