Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Johnny Joestar posted:

i just want a part 5 anime announcement already :(

Same I need to see some animated Italian Gang~STARS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/USJ_Official/status/870958245954822144

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Phantom Blood
Stardust Crusaders
Steel Ball Run

where's the 4th d

Is it SBR again

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

FirstAidKite posted:

where's the 4th d

Dan, Steely

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Eyes of Heaven Dio

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

gross

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

Same I need to see some animated Italian Gang~STARS

its probably going to come off really well in the animation front due to the shift in art style from part 4

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

gif Probst posted:

its probably going to come off really well in the animation front due to the shift in art style from part 4

Not gonna lie, I think part 4's manga art style was kinda janky imo, specially side characters. (Same also applies to early Part 5)

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Somebody loving buy me this or else

https://twitter.com/p_bandai/status/871577380535492609

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Rohan's what, I don't speak Japanese

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

Rohan's what, I don't speak Japanese

Leather hairband

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

JoJo fans get the best merch. Not for cheap, though.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah I can't wait for this to be like $200 but there's a chance I'm actually stupid enough to pay that, IDK.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That wasn't just his hair?!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I always thought it was one of those paper crowns you get from like, party crackers and stuff.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I always thought it was one of those paper crowns you get from like, party crackers and stuff.

Like Rohan, the man with impeccable fashion sense, would wear a freaking paper crown every day instead of a bespoke leather hair accessory

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rohan would wear hair gel made out of pig poo poo if it meant Josuke couldn't have it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Rohan would wear hair gel made out of pig poo poo if it meant Josuke couldn't have it.

TBF Josuke would do that right back to him

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been thinking about it a lot recently and I've decided that SBR is the sickest thing I've ever read.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've been meaning to reread it for a while now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just got done reading it and I love it. My favorite part is finding out there's more after Valentine is defeated then that reveal of who took the corpse.

Also the cheese song.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Do you think Johnny genuinely loved the cheese song?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Without a doubt.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

frank.club posted:

I've been thinking about it a lot recently and I've decided that SBR is the sickest thing I've ever read.
It gets said like every 5 pages but it's still extremely very true

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

EmmyOk posted:

Do you think Johnny genuinely loved the cheese song?

I'm afraid that once david prod reaches SBR anime they won't be able to pull off the ambiguity of that scene. The thought is almost as terrible as the wait for the Rohan OVA.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just got done reading it and I love it. My favorite part is finding out there's more after Valentine is defeated then that reveal of who took the corpse.

Also the cheese song.

I just recently read SBR for the first time and, despite coming into it spoiled on basically everything, enjoyed it a lot.

I didn't get why every confrontation with Valentine in the other worlds seemed to be on about the same terms as when he's rolling with D4C and the corpse, until I got to the part where he flat-out talked Johnny into giving up. That really sold him not even needing his stand to be around for the final battle, even against the dozens of variations of Tusk that alternate Johnnys had. If he hadn't tried to cheat with the gun he'd have won right there, and it's just one amazing part of an incredibly good fight.

Also yeah, the cheese song. Can't wait for it to be the ending of an SBR anime episode in 2050.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

There are only two potential ending songs for SBR. One is Tusk itself and the other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_Jl5WFQkA

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

There are only two potential ending songs for SBR. One is Tusk itself and the other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_Jl5WFQkA

Okay, but only in the D4C alternate opening (or ending, in this case?) which briefly pulls us into a world where the guy entering with a car is winning. Then one where Magenta Magenta has a working airplane, and so on.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Carry On My Wayward Son, imo

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Carry On My Wayward Son, imo

This or another version of Roundabout

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/USJ_Official/status/870958245954822144

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can we talk about Gyro's teddy bear? Or when he has to get a new one he gets the one with bow?

Gyrowns

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Stands
https://twitter.com/jojomovie_jp/status/872181329105899520

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You only see Crazy Diamond's arm, Keicho's tanks, Aqua Necklace (does look good) so it's still pretty coy about showing stands. You get a glimmer of Crazy D at the end but not much tbh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Company looks sweet but it's Bad Company of course it looks great the rest is taint

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
CGI, but not nearly as bad as I expected. Also Star Platinum's time stop looked cool as hell in that short glimpse.

e: lol

Olive! fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 6, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Curse you twitter video for not loading.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/ladybloof/status/872189820918956032

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
I'm kind of glad that, so far, this is only showing at a theatre just far enough away from me that there's no way I will drive out to watch it and confirm that it is in fact a trash fire movie with some cool special effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Yup, that's CGI from a Japanese movie.