Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Cnut the Great posted:

Well we can't say we haven't been asking for it.

I hope it doesn't happen because it would make me hate Kim, when I really like her. That would just be so many deep levels of betrayal fuckery from Jimmy POV

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Are people unaware that Michael McKean is an established actor with a long resume of great work?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ChesterJT posted:

Are people unaware that Michael McKean is an established actor with a long resume of great work?

Honestly I've seen him in so much stuff and he's never had a performance quite as remarkable as Chuck. Though it took me a while to realize he was the guy from Spinal Tap, because man that was a long time ago.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
People think of Michael McKean as Lenny Kosnowski and David St. Hubbins. Playing Chuck is playing against type.

Of course, people forget the other TV lawyer he played, Spyro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXXC81b9J7E

(Gary Cole needs to be in this show)

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
I still like him as a professor in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxMS59sxwxs

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I seem to recall McKean being good as a kooky boss on that 90's HBO show "Dream On" as well..........

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Keyser_Soze posted:

I seem to recall McKean being good as a kooky boss on that 90's HBO show "Dream On" as well..........

Gibby Fiske! I totally thought he was Australian until I saw him in something else years later.

Also, dude once did a killer howard stern impression on SNL.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ChesterJT posted:

I don't think they're unaware-- there's just this really weird notion that all characters/continuities from their favorite fictional works should come together for a big party

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Last Chance posted:

I don't think they're unaware-- there's just this really weird notion that all characters/continuities from their favorite fictional works should come together for a big party

This is how a lot of shows or seasons end. Obviously no crossovers but lots of dance parties or weddings or whatever where the whole gang and your favourite bit characters all come together for a giant fanservicey blowout.

The Office used this more than once.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

This is how a lot of shows or seasons end. Obviously no crossovers but lots of dance parties or weddings or whatever where the whole gang and your favourite bit characters all come together for a giant fanservicey blowout.

The Office used this more than once.

lol

I always think of McKean as Mr. Green from Clue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQOF05eD5_I

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

drat I really need to watch Clue again. It's been years and years since I last saw it.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Raxivace posted:

drat I really need to watch Clue again. It's been years and years since I last saw it.

Same! I immediately started pricing it as soon as I dug up that clip. It's probably been almost a decade since I've seen it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Pricing it? It's on more than one streaming service.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I was sad when he didn't show up on the Psych Clue episode :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go home and have sex with my wife."

*Shake Rattle and Roll plays*

That movie makes me miss Madeleine Khan :smith:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I hated her.... SO ... MUCH

That

that

flames

flames

FLAAAAMES

on the side of my face

Heaving breaths... heaving—breathing—br—

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Pro-Tip: Don't read episode 8 spoilers.

There's a couple scenes that definitely work better when you let the set-up pay off how they want it to.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 3, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Data Graham posted:

I hated her.... SO ... MUCH

That

that

flames

flames

FLAAAAMES

on the side of my face

Heaving breaths... heaving—breathing—br—

Precisely this.

"What does your husband do?"
"Oh he spends all day on his back."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Precisely this.

"What does your husband do?"
"Oh he spends all day on his back."

You know the worst thing? When I was growing up in the 80s, the best option we had for accumulating movies to watch was recording them off TV. So the version of Clue that my family had on an increasingly ratty videotape, and that my brother and I must have watched a hundred times, was one that had been cropped down for TV such that it was missing:

- Flames on the side of my face
- The multiple endings (it only had the Mrs. Peacock ending)

It was only years later that I finally saw it as intended and :aaaaa:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Data Graham posted:

You know the worst thing? When I was growing up in the 80s, the best option we had for accumulating movies to watch was recording them off TV. So the version of Clue that my family had on an increasingly ratty videotape, and that my brother and I must have watched a hundred times, was one that had been cropped down for TV such that it was missing:

- Flames on the side of my face
- The multiple endings (it only had the Mrs. Peacock ending)

It was only years later that I finally saw it as intended and :aaaaa:

Same sort of thing happened with me and Ghostbusters. My dad had seen that it was on, way back in probably 88, 89, and by the time he had gotten his tape in there, Peter was saying "You're no fluke, Jennifer." I used to ask my parents to rent it all the time, so I sort of remembered the beginning, but I went pretty much ten years without once again seeing the stuff before my copy started.

What was weird about Ghostbusters was that risqué stuff wasn't bleeped, they had just filmed alternate tv-friendly takes (or removed a certain line or scene when needed).

Some examples (and you can find these online)

- "we came, we saw, we kicked its rear end" was changed to "What a knockabout great time THAT was!"
- "Everything was just fine until our power grid was shut off by Wally Wick here". "Is this true?" "Yes, your honour, this man is some type of rodent, I don't know which."
- No ghost blowjob scene, it just cut right to someone falling off their bed, and then the shot of Winston about to apply.

Also, watching it now, I still remember all the local (MITV, out of Atlantic :canada:!) commercials and when they'd pop in. Right after Stay Puft gets blown up, there's a commercial for tonight's episode of "In The Heat of the Night".

Anyway, sorry for the derail, but I love this stuff.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

- "we came, we saw, we kicked its rear end" was changed to "What a knockabout great time THAT was!"

lol what on earth

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Riptor posted:

lol what on earth

We had such a knockabout great time finding a stranger in the Alps.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
the first time i watched american history x on a dvd and not tnt it was... jarring

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Last Chance posted:

I always think of McKean as Mr. Green from Clue

My head's exploding Scanners style

How many loving films have I seen with McKean in it without realizing it?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

My friend and I watched This Is Spinal Tap for the first time in awhile last night and god it was weird to see a young Michael McKean after watching BCS. He's not a bad singer!

That law school sketch from Mr Show is now canon for me BTW.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Same sort of thing happened with me and Ghostbusters. My dad had seen that it was on, way back in probably 88, 89, and by the time he had gotten his tape in there, Peter was saying "You're no fluke, Jennifer." I used to ask my parents to rent it all the time, so I sort of remembered the beginning, but I went pretty much ten years without once again seeing the stuff before my copy started.

What was weird about Ghostbusters was that risqué stuff wasn't bleeped, they had just filmed alternate tv-friendly takes (or removed a certain line or scene when needed).

Some examples (and you can find these online)

- "Everything was just fine until our power grid was shut off by Wally Wick here". "Is this true?" "Yes, your honour, this man is some type of rodent, I don't know which."
- No ghost blowjob scene, it just cut right to someone falling off their bed, and then the shot of Winston about to apply.

Also, watching it now, I still remember all the local (MITV, out of Atlantic :canada:!) commercials and when they'd pop in. Right after Stay Puft gets blown up, there's a commercial for tonight's episode of "In The Heat of the Night".

Anyway, sorry for the derail, but I love this stuff.

Short Circuit

"This little fart of a robot is beginning to give me the red-rear end"

->

"This little twit of a robot is beginning to give me a baaaaaad headache"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Short Circuit

"This little fart of a robot is beginning to give me the red-rear end"

->

"This little twit of a robot is beginning to give me a baaaaaad headache"

Ha.

I think it was Lethal Weapon, but...

"We're gonna get these fuckers!" = "We're gonna get these funsters!".

Speaking of censorship, is it true that BB/BCS gets one "gently caress" per season? Have they always used them?

At the moment, I can only remember two from BB, once with "I hosed Ted" (s3) and "My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go gently caress yourself". (s5.2)

Please tell me they've always used up their allowed fucks. It'd be like a scavenger hunt to go find them.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I think there was a "gently caress you, Gretchen" in S1 or 2.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Javid posted:

And Jimmy called Hamlin a pig fucker in BCS s1, I believe.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

1stGear posted:

We had such a knockabout great time finding a stranger in the Alps.

Yippie ky yay Mr. Falcon.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

And Jimmy called Hamlin a pig fucker in BCS s1, I believe.

Ohhhh. Then that was two. The initial "pigfucker" then "sorry I called you a pigfucker" the next episode.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"Jimmy, why would you call me a pigfucker?"

"Well, let's see. First of all, you gently caress pigs!"

*Both laugh*

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.
Geez. gently caress one pig, and all of a sudden you're a pig fucker.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Secret Agent X23 posted:

David Cameron goon account spotted.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Javid posted:

There's a "gently caress you Bogdan" in the Breaking Bad pilot.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Secret Agent X23 posted:

You call someone a painter, and people assume that the person you are referring to still paints on a regular basis, or else you would've said "retired painter". Rare occurrences, on the other hand, are understood to earn you the title in perpetuity. Once a murder, always a murderer, so once a pig fucker, always a pig fucker

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The Ninth Layer posted:

There's a "gently caress you Bogdan" in the Breaking Bad pilot.

And your eyebrows!

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Kuiperdolin posted:

And your eyebrows!

Wipe down this!

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

khwarezm posted:

Wipe down this!

Now we need someone to collect all the times someone grabs their dick and says "____ this"

"Restrain this" - I believe when Skyler calls about the pizza on the roof and suggests she may file a restraining order, Walt replies with that.

"Pull this" - when Jesse is trying to start the generator in the desert

"Register this" - (edit): awww drat, Jesse says this right after Walt sarcastically asks "Do you have to have your hands registered as lethal weapons" But he says it while giving the middle finger, not a crotch grab.

there must be more, I'll look them up. I always got a laugh out of the dick grabbing quotes.

Danzel Glovington fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Shows are oftentimes more edgy in the pilot and first season. There were tits, fully naked Walter, more fucks and swearing, a more racially insensitive Hank

Same with Walking Dead, I don't think a character has said friend of the family since the first episode. The character who said it later turned into a likable rear end in a top hat

• Locked thread