Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jukeboxblues posted:

Is that really the plot for horse whisperer? I never seen it but I can understand why all the girls I know that love that movie are hosed up.

No, the horse whisperer was about doing the exact opposite of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Horse Whisperer was about a man who kills a horse in front of another horse, so the surviving horse knows to obey.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Putting a horse head in a human's bed is intimidating, but guess what: it's even more effective on horses.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Putting a horse head in a human's bed is intimidating, but guess what: it's even more effective on horses.

Lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

hahaha

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Isn't that alpha wolf stuff complete bullshit that someone just made up anyway?

It's a great idea because it's awesome for an aggressive dog to see you as another dog instead of a human. Also pack hierarchies never change in the wild.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Better to beat a dog than neuter it

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

This reason why anyone gets a dog is because the human is stupid and needs to be superior to something. That's why it is super funny when you go over to a house and Mr. Ruffers is jumping all over the loving place, and the owner is all like "Mr. Ruffers get down", and Mr.Ruffers doesn't give a poo poo. That human introduced a dog into their life to feel like they're not the dumbest person in the room, and the dog beat them. That's hilarious.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 3, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

Better to beat a dog than neuter it

My friend has a dog that she won't neuter but also will not get a girl dog for him to plow so he just pathetically fucks his bed. She should just cut his drat balls off

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Blue Train posted:

My friend has a dog that she won't neuter but also will not get a girl dog for him to plow so he just pathetically fucks his bed. She should just cut his drat balls off

My dog hosed her bed despite being a her and being neutered. Dogs are weird.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

The Human Crouton posted:

This reason why anyone gets a dog is because the human is stupid and needs to be superior to something. That's why it is super funny when you go over to a house and Mr. Ruffers is jumping all over the loving place, and the owner is all like "Mr. Ruffers get down", and Mr.Ruffers doesn't give a poo poo. That human introduced a dog into their life to feel like they're not the dumbest person in the room, and the dog beat them. That's hilarious.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Blue Train posted:

My friend has a dog that she won't neuter but also will not get a girl dog for him to plow so he just pathetically fucks his bed.

Get that dog an account

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I work with a guy who looks like cesar milan but he's not hispanic and doesn't have facial hair and doesn't punch dogs for a living.
well that's my story.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

turn off the TV posted:

dogs humping other dogs really is a dominance display so your dog is probably real proud of dominating the weird furry thing that's like 10x her size. you should give her a biscuit

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

corn in the bible posted:

dogs humping other dogs really is a dominance display so your dog is probably real proud of dominating the weird furry thing that's like 10x her size. you should give her a biscuit

So should I be punching my dog or humping my dog? Maybe both?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

turn off the TV posted:

theyre good dogs, cesar

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

turn off the TV posted:

give your dog a donkey punch

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

gonna Real Post here for a second:

me and my partner have a frenchie who is amazingly docile chill and friendly when its just me and him, but as soon as she's around he gets wild stupid and constantly barks at her and will dig at a blanket if she has one over here

how do i fix this before i throw his expensive rear end in the dumpster?

get some really awesome treats like raw hot dog chunks or cheese or something, and have her give them to the dog a lot. Have all visitors give them to your dog. Do it a lot.

That's it, that's really all you need to do :shrug:

e: works better when guests give different, REALLY good treats from what you'd normally use yourself

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 3, 2017

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

corn in the bible posted:

why is hedrigall in your house

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

why is hedrigall in your house

the forums give it entry to everyone's house

write a letter to your moderator

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dogs are cool as hell and I love them in a non-morally inept way, as god intended.

But I must confess...i own a fish right now instead. :smith:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dogs are nice but cats poop in boxes so it's hard to compete.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

turn off the TV posted:

Dogs are nice but cats poop in boxes so it's hard to compete.

they also make your house smell like rancid piss. If you think your cat is one of the perfect clean ones, your nose has just adjusted to the constant state of piss stink and you just aren't noticing it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rabbits are better than cats. There is no reason to ever choose a cat over a rabbit.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

FactsAreUseless posted:

Rabbits are better than cats. There is no reason to ever choose a cat over a rabbit.

My brother's rabbit starts freaking out if my shirt has wrinkles in it and will try to flatten it and it can hurt when she starts biting. Like calm down what's your deal it's just a wrinkle.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Rabbits have to eat their own poo poo because god wanted something to laugh at.

Cats do it because they are emotionally unstable.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

yeah I eat rear end posted:

My brother's rabbit starts freaking out if my shirt has wrinkles in it and will try to flatten it and it can hurt when she starts biting. Like calm down what's your deal it's just a wrinkle.
Lmao owns.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
By the way, about food 'aggression' it's really resource guarding, the dog is guarding his food and getting up in his face while he's eating is the actual aggression. Resource guarding is instinctive for pretty much all dogs, it's instinctive for wolves and guarding behavior has been reinforced by thousands of years of selective breeding. You don't overcome this with one simple trick whether it's a throat punch or petting or anything.

Feed the dog yummy things from your hands. Do that a lot. Hold a bowl with yummy things in it and let the dog eat from the bowl while you hold it, do that a lot. If the dog already has a problem with resource guarding, don't punish or take food away, that just makes it worse. Give him the food and have some other special yummy poo poo, sit nearby and offer it from your hand. Do this a lot, if the dog is growling or raising his lips then back away a little bit. Speak quietly in a faggy high pitched voice. If your dog is like most dogs, gradually he realizes protecting his food from you isn't really a big deal and humans are OK because they give you tasty poo poo to eat.

E: if this isn't working find a professional dog trainer

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 3, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

Speak quietly in a faggy high pitched voice

this is really the most important part. dogs and homosexuals have an instinctual bond

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

this is really the most important part. dogs and homosexuals have an instinctual bond

And yet dogs instinctively know to attack Three Olives on sight. Hmm...

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

They share a love of meat

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Who What Now posted:

yeah but in fairness that's shared by all lifeforms higher than the leech

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
one time i ran into cesar milan at a sushi restaurant and he was sitting there trying to have some kind of important conversation with his child, i think about him and his wife's divorce. i eavesdropped for a little then i went up to him and interrupted him so i could ask him if he was cesar milan from the TV. he was a good sport.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Everybody post your dogs starting now

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Everybody post your dogs starting now

my dog is dead, thanks for bringing it up. i'll be bawling on the floor if anyone needs me

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Psycho Society fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 3, 2017

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Who What Now posted:

Three olives is an abomination. Do not trust a person who dog does not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

• Locked thread