Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
the 3rd edition Biel-Tan footdar army i assembled as a kid is finally gonna see the table again

I can run an all out Phoenix Lord army with Asurmen, Karandras, Maugan Ra, Fuegan, a full squad of each of their aspects, guardians and vehicles to fill out the rest of the slots, on two detachments, and it might not suck balls

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zeal posted:

the 3rd edition Biel-Tan footdar army i assembled as a kid is finally gonna see the table again

I can run an all out Phoenix Lord army with Asurmen, Karandras, Maugan Ra, Fuegan, a full squad of each of their aspects, guardians and vehicles to fill out the rest of the slots, on two detachments, and it might not suck balls

cool

Can Banshees and Scorpions be delivered by Wave Serpent again?

If so then :dance:

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
FW doing a Gabriel Angelos model:

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
FiveHead McFaceCliff

e: ConeDome McTallbrow

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

LordAba posted:

I have a couple sets from the kickstarter they did. The damaged and whole urban sets are pretty nice, and make a cityfight terrain a breeze. The streets are big enough for 2 rhinos to pass each other comfortably. The details are nice, but plain enough that you can easily fit buildings on the building parts.

I picked up the damaged urban and £45 of mdf and scatter terrain.

I should have everything I need between that, shadow war and four lots of mantic kickstarters (2×deadzone and firefight and mars attacks) should give me enough terrain for WWII, modern and sci fi cityfights.

I certainly prefer a bunch of terrain when playing 40k. I should have enough to play with dense urban terrain.

Now I need to clean and paint the boards and then start putting together terrain.

I know what my June Oath is.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Formatted a bunch of propaganda posters to print and glue all over my new Shadow War terrain. All of the designs were blatantly stolen after googling except the one below:

Anyone who's interested in spicing up their 40k buildings with some in-universe goofiness can download the printable document here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7pugmeqvinfb3hlalpyYjJ6Yjg/view?usp=sharing

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Local store owner played a 150 power rating game last night which I think would up being like a 3k game in the new system. Space Wolves vs. Chaos. Start to finish list building took like 20 minutes and the game itself about 3 1/2. About an hour and a half of that was the owner having to stop to run the FNM tournament, commission a BB game and a quick meal break.

Key takeaways;

Game feels like it goes quicker,
They never had to stop to argue an interpretation ,
Command Points are going to be clutch. Spending 2 points to interrupt your opponent resolving his charges and make your attacks is really good and can break the back of a big offensive.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

BuffaloChicken posted:

Formatted a bunch of propaganda posters to print and glue all over my new Shadow War terrain. All of the designs were blatantly stolen after googling except the one below:

Anyone who's interested in spicing up their 40k buildings with some in-universe goofiness can download the printable document here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7pugmeqvinfb3hlalpyYjJ6Yjg/view?usp=sharing

Excellent job adapting that knight pic, always did like that one.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Anyone know when pre-orders start on the GW Website? Trynna get dis poo poo up here.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

The Sex Cannon posted:

Anyone know when pre-orders start on the GW Website? Trynna get dis poo poo up here.

When's the next badcast? I want to hear you guys talk about the new edition more

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Sex Cannon posted:

Generally around 1-1:15 est

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

The Sex Cannon posted:

It was 10am here in the UK.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

TwingeCrag posted:

When's the next badcast? I want to hear you guys talk about the new edition more

We are recording on 6/6 (!) so probably the 8th or 9th.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Generally around 1-1:15 est

Thanks!

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Getting ready for 8th. I'm not a anime week boo honestly

https://twitter.com/amrypooins/status/871048999817662465

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the limited edition rulebook- no models included, just the rulebook and extras- runs for $420. :laffo:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

Holy poo poo the limited edition rulebook- no models included, just the rulebook and extras- runs for $420. :laffo:

GW will make $840K. Not bad.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
When it says the mission cards come with any qualifying purchase, including Dark Imperium, they mean only Dark Imperium. Even excluding the one click bundles.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Be nice is they just said Dark Imperium.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
For any American goons that were thinking about ordering the Forgeworld Index books Black Library has ebook versions that have to be a ton cheaper than paying 15 pounds +shipping.

http://www.warhammerdigital.com/warhammer-40000/featured/forces-of-the-adeptus-astartes-index.html

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Pendent posted:

For any American goons that were thinking about ordering the Forgeworld Index books Black Library has ebook versions that have to be a ton cheaper than paying 15 pounds +shipping.

http://www.warhammerdigital.com/warhammer-40000/featured/forces-of-the-adeptus-astartes-index.html

This is excellent news. Also, we should definitely take pictures of this game on Monday.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Serotonin posted:

Getting ready for 8th. I'm not a anime week boo honestly

https://twitter.com/amrypooins/status/871048999817662465

Sometimes it's easy for me to forget there's a little Tau pilot inside each of those suits.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

The tiny heads never cease to amuse me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ended up buying all the books. Time to learn everything.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
They're camera heads, they should be even smaller.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So the ForgeWorld indexes are twenty bucks digitally. That's not terrible?

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Are archo-flagellants any good now? I built a squad with huge powerfists for a 2nd edtion thing, that's not going to happen.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

MasterSlowPoke posted:

They're camera heads, they should be even smaller. to scale and have fuckin' rad eye beams.

:colbert:

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Wait, if the aegis defence line is only in the imperium indexes does that mean chaos can't use them anymore?

Or do I need to buy a loving imperium index to use it lol.

I don't like either of these options

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Black_Nexus posted:

Wait, if the aegis defence line is only in the imperium indexes does that mean chaos can't use them anymore?

Or do I need to buy a loving imperium index to use it lol.

I don't like either of these options

There's a bunch of fortifications in the Imperium 2 book, but they all have the unaligned keyword so anyone can use them.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I feel like fortifications should've been with the type of cover rules if anything. Having them be in a single book for a faction many might not play is weird.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to figure out a decent list that works with what I've got painted at 1000 points to relearn this game with 8th. Slightly frustrated by my assault squads not getting meltas, squads with banners getting broken up into a squad and a separate banner bearer, and needing 3 FA to use the outrider detachment since I'm light on painted tactical marines (The last time I even looked at a blood angel codex assault marines were troops).

Thoughts on this list? Leaves me at 969 points. I could probably get one more squad painted up before 8th releases.

Outrider Detachment
Captain - 97
--Bolt Pistol
--Power Sword
--Jump Pack

Sanguinary Guard - 190
--4x Death Masks
--2x Encarmine Sword
--2x Encarmine Axe

Company Veterans - 182
--4x Meltaguns
--1x Combi-Melta (Sergeant)
--Jump Packs

Assault Squad - 180
--9x BP/CCW
--1x BP/Power Fist (Sergeant)
--Jump Packs

Assault Squad - 180
--9x BP/CCW
--1x BP/Power Fist (Sergeant)
--Jump Packs

Land Speeder - 140
--Heavy Bolter
--Typhoon Missile Launchers

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Oh poo poo.

Relic Sicaran Venator in the forgeworld book.

Guess I'm scrapping my list and figuring out what I need to drop to fit my venator into a 40k fight and poo poo all over vehicles once that comes out.

Edit:

Vaylund Cal is in the table of contents. They're making rules for all the old 5th ed characters.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I am happy that forgeworld is gonna sell digital copies of those indexes, so much easier to get and I don't need more books

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Models only being able to disembark before a transport has moved is a new rule right? That is really bad.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Having the softcover shipped from forgeworld is only $25. I'm willing to pay an extra $5 for a physical copy.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

I think that's new. Before the vehicle could move, dump bodies but they couldn't move or assault unless it was an assault vehicle. Least its spelled out what happens now.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The Kingfish posted:

Models only being able to disembark before a transport has moved is a new rule right? That is really bad.

Yes it's new but it's a good balance to Rhino rushing with new tougher vehicles which don't have specified embarkation points.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Kingfish posted:

It actually seems to work really well with the new rules. You can for instance get out of a rhino, move everything involved and then use that rhino to eat the overwatch so the guys inside can charge safely.

TwingeCrag posted:

This is excellent news. Also, we should definitely take pictures of this game on Monday.

Yes, definitely.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Plus vehicles in 8th are WAY tougher. Even Rhinos can eat a surprising amount of fire before going down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I'm just surprised there weren't transports with a rule that allowed you to disgorge units after movement.

• Locked thread