Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Lurdiak posted:

He's wavered back and forth between huge prick and antisocial but sympathetic neutral character. It basically depends on how you feel about his army of slave midgets, the moloids.

Some writers are like "They're dumb primal weirdoes and need a leader and he takes care of them" and others are like "Slavery is always wrong, gently caress the mole man."

I am pretty sure these are not moles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I am pretty sure these are not moles

They kinda look like molerats.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Some writers are like "They're dumb primal weirdoes and need a leader and he takes care of them" and others are like "Slavery is always wrong, gently caress the mole man."

That's all kinds of hosed up though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jonathan Bad Writer Hickman agrees with you and went out of his way to show how much of a huge irredeemable prick Mole Man was for having yellow naked slave midgets.

But there is also a huge body of evidence of the moloids being barely dog-level intelligence and just following whoever yells loudest.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Also, Mole Man is pretty hosed up in the head.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mole Man should hold a democratic election. Like Johnny Storm did.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Kraa! I vote for the surface man of spiders!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

But there is also a huge body of evidence of the moloids being barely dog-level intelligence and just following whoever yells loudest.

That doesn't make it less hosed up though.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Alhazred posted:

Yeah, it's pretty offensive to Trump voters.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Alhazred posted:

C'mon, there's definitely a difference between being a rancher and owning a plantation.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

CapnAndy posted:

C'mon, there's definitely a difference between being a rancher and owning a plantation.

Tell that to PETA and let me know the amount of red paint you walk away with to the nearest gallon

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Now let's talk about orcs,

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

if you say so

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Can newspaper spiderman triumph over a 1541 year old corpse?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wow, of all the deep dive villains I never expected to see in this strip Tyrannus is definitely among them. I remember him from the Subterranean Wars back when they did crossovers in the Avengers annuals.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Peter majored in organic chemistry and minored in Roman history​.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also if you're not aware, Haifisch is currently reposting Spider-Man from 2000. It's glorious.

HE'S FIGHTING A FRIKKEN WEREWOLF.

Haifisch posted:

2000 Spiderman

Haifisch posted:

Peter and the Werewolf

Haifisch posted:

2000 Spiderman

Haifisch posted:

Are you loving kidding me

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's definitely not how werewolves work.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

if you say so

The only thing remaining in Peter's brick-brained skull are detailed facts about Roman history.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

It's how they work in this universe apparently.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Apparently Black Cop/White Cop has been a NSM duo for decades now? They have the power to switch facial hair and race at whim!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Augustulus was a child while emperor so Peter is about to get owned by a magical six year old.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

CharlestheHammer posted:

Augustulus was a child while emperor so Peter is about to get owned by a magical six year old.

Oh god I am having flashbacks to my first communion

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Synthbuttrange posted:

if you say so

Why would you guess the last Roman emperor.

Has Pete been reading marvel comics? Is that a copy of The Incredible Hulk #5 in his back pocket?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

graham cracker posted:

Apparently Black Cop/White Cop has been a NSM duo for decades now? They have the power to switch facial hair and race at whim!

Kind of a very niche power you gotta admit; makes sense that they're regular cops instead of Avengers or Justice League.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Begemot posted:

Why would you guess the last Roman emperor.

Has Pete been reading marvel comics? Is that a copy of The Incredible Hulk #5 in his back pocket?

No.

It's a ticket for illegal parking, that hotel neither had valet service nor appreciated him blocking the entrance to their lobby.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wait a second, peter actually rescued some people and won a fight using his wits. is that a photoshop?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I just discovered this thread and I'm so happy, I can't even tell you

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wait a second, peter actually rescued some people and won a fight using his wits. is that a photoshop?
He gambled on literal moon logic.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

I just discovered this thread and I'm so happy, I can't even tell you
We know. We've all had that feeling too

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Hold on, Peter knows the exact year the Western Roman Empire fell off the top of his head? I'm actually impressed.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mikl posted:

Hold on, Peter knows the exact year the Western Roman Empire fell off the top of his head? I'm actually impressed.

It never fell - it simply went underground.

Seriously, when I went to sleep I did not expect to find out in the morning that Newspaper Spider-Man will apparently have a showdown with immortal subterranean Romulus loving Augustulus, last of the western Emperors.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Lurdiak posted:

It's brilliant. I so hope that is how the wolfman will be defeated in the upcoming movie.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I am a big fan of how everyone just takes the existence of an underground Roman Empire in their stride. Clearly the most absurd element here is that he'd be too old!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh Nooooo!!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

Pretty genius if you bank on lycanthropy being partially psychosomatic.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Binary Badger posted:

Most likely it's Tyrannus as he's another Stan the Man creation. Outside chance of the FF showing up towards the end of the arc to bat cleanup and tell Peter what a fuckup he is.

Called it, but I hope this doesn't mean the Hulk guest-stars. Or maybe Stan is planning a huge reunion strip of his glory days and will have the FF, OG Avengers, the Hulk, and Fin Fang Foom show up.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Anyone worth their salt knows that the Roman Empire sunk underground like Atlantis. That's why there is no Roman Empire today.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

EorayMel posted:

Can newspaper spiderman triumph over a 1541 year old corpse?

Seems unlikely.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Peter is about to get owned by a magical six year old.

Seems likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

a very buff 6 year old

• Locked thread