Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

somewhat offtopic, I've just started to get into iracing, does anyone know if there's a thread in games or anywhere? checked the first few pages there and in PGS / MMOHMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

shame on an IGA posted:

somewhat offtopic, I've just started to get into iracing, does anyone know if there's a thread in games or anywhere? checked the first few pages there and in PGS / MMOHMO

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789348

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Please no more 1.5m ovals of any sort

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Max fried a set of brakes during practice 2. Glad it wasn't another Honda engine.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

A small part of my brain wants IRL to go to Talladega, but then the other 90% tells me that would probably be a horrible idea.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

iRacing IndyCar fixed did Talladega one season.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Minto Took posted:

iRacing IndyCar fixed did Talladega one season.

How did that go?

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

iospace posted:

How did that go?

There were 8 fatalities

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
turning 10 second laps @ Bristol is a thing as well

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Indys at Bristol feels like FZero

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Sounds like Gutierrez will be in the car for the rest of the season, with the exception of potentially Texas.

Seems to be a lot of chatter about more cars next year, more than I remember in a long time. Engine supply is sadly going to be a limiter, but apparently Chevy and Honda are willing to commit to 13+. So any new cars probably need to have bowties on em.

Cygni fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 3, 2017

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I feel a little bad for Coyne.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Coyne rolled the dice this season. Hopefully SeaBass comes back fully healed and 2018 can be their breakthrough year.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Hopefully he's getting some of that Telmex money to soften the blow.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

his sponsor looks to be something called Unifin, which I guess is a bank into leasing? im sure it all comes back to ol Carlos Slim somewhere.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Graham Rahal with the new track record in Group 1 qualifying wooo Graham. Will it hold up?

ed- Helio :argh:

WindyMan fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 3, 2017

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yay Graham on pole!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wait, do people like Graham? Honest question, as a casual fan I always got the impression he was a shithead off the track and an underperformer riding on his father's coattails on the track?

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
I like him more than I used to, since I would just lump him and Marco together when they were first starting out, and compared to Marco anybody looks a lot better

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Basticle posted:

Wait, do people like Graham? Honest question, as a casual fan I always got the impression he was a shithead off the track and an underperformer riding on his father's coattails on the track?

Graham has gotten significantly better over the last few years. His biggest issue is that he races on a primarily one car team which makes developing the car a pain in the rear end.

"shithead off the track and an underperformer riding on his father's coattails on the track" is Marco to a T, though

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
What even happened to Marco?

All I know of him really is he did those Honda F1 tests years ago and then nothing beyond that. Plus I think Mario hyped him up quite a bit for F1.

Is he really just a shitlord?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

What even happened to Marco?

All I know of him really is he did those Honda F1 tests years ago and then nothing beyond that. Plus I think Mario hyped him up quite a bit for F1.

Is he really just a shitlord?

He drives very fast but isn't consistent is what I'm picking up.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

He shows flashes of speed at Indy and maybe other ovals, but he probably wouldn't have kept his ride in IndyCar if he wasn't an Andretti.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
he's the middle ground between Graham and AJ IV

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

He's basically the male Danica of IndyCar, and probably about as talented.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret posted:

He's basically the male Danica of IndyCar, and probably about as talented.

Wow.

If I was Mario I'd be thoroughly embarrassed.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Basticle posted:

Graham is my favorite driver. He had a good year in 2015, was in championship contention going into the last races 2015 was also the year I started to watch Indycar. He's also from Ohio and I am a sucker for rooting for Ohio sports. Last year was a down year but he was consistently one of the fastest Hondas.

:shrug:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd probably put Marco a bit higher than Danica? I mean she's had one win in her entire career, and zero cup wins.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Norns posted:

I'd probably put Marco a bit higher than Danica? I mean she's had one win in her entire career, and zero cup wins.

Marco has 2 wins, only 1 of which was well earned, so a bit higher sounds right.

Paul Tracy (who had quite the history with Michael back in the day) taking shots at him on commentary is always a good time.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Wirth1000 posted:

Wow.

If I was Mario I'd be thoroughly embarrassed.

Mario really only had one rival, and that was AJ

when you compare the lineage Mario is probably just fine, though I'd rate AJ as having been the better career

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

They seem to be pretty comparable when looking at the end of the year standings when they were both in IndyCar. Sometimes Danica finished ahead of him and other times he was ahead of Danica.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Mario really only had one rival, and that was AJ

when you compare the lineage Mario is probably just fine, though I'd rate AJ as having been the better career

AJ taking the piss out of Le Mans, winning on his first attempt, and never coming back is pretty great.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It's just a shame that AJ never went to F1. I imagine he definitely had the skills to be WDC.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

https://youtu.be/j64FMkWKv7A

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I like Marco.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

I like Marco.

You have a tendency to like mediocre drivers, yes.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

You have a tendency to like mediocre drivers, yes.

*gazes at Heikki Kovalainen t-shirt* yeah this checks out

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Heikki Kovalainen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3LE15AyT5g

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Graham got much better once Bobby stepped back and let someone else call his strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Graham is one of my favorites. He's been hurt lately being on a one-car team, but you can see once he's got someone with him he's capable of being as fast as anyone on any given day. Still in the lower half of drivers as far as talent goes, but that makes him all the more fun to root for.

• Locked thread