Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Darth Sidious would not go out so easily. Did you see the spin flip he can do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

Bongo Bill posted:

They're good in any order.

I changed it up with ep VII. Originally it was:

V
I
IV
II
III
VI

But now I go with:

VI
II
VII
V
III
I
IV

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!

Covok posted:

Darth Sidious would not go out so easily. Did you see the spin flip he can do?

I find this ending's lack of style... disturbing.

e: taking it entirely too seriously, Anakin wasn't about to off Palpatine while he still thought he needed his Dark Side secrets to save Padme.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Roll a die, whatever number it lands on is the star war you watch.

Do this six times.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

What if you get Episode 2 six times?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

What if you get Episode 2 six times?

That's a risk you have to be willing to take.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Tezzor comes through your TV like the girl from The Ring.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

We'll let fate decide, eh. I just happen to have a chance cube here.

Blue is The Empire Strikes Back, red... The Christmas Special

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Lol if you don't want to play those games.

Lol more if you don't already own those games.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I genuinely enjoyed the podracing game for N64 and PC. an optimal nostalgia blast of Star Wars for me would be playing it while watching E1 through 3 and TFA.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

dialhforhero posted:

I feel like you could start at Episode 3 and watch the rest chronologically and you would be good.

I personally would do this:

Watch Clone Wars
Play Republic Commando
Episode III
Play all the way through Dark Forces
Begin playing Xwing but only until the last mission.
Episode IV
Play TIE fighter
Episode V AND play Shadows of the Empire on another screen.
Play Xwing Alliance and Rogue Squadron
Episode VI
Play Jedi Knight
Play Mysteries of the Sith
Play Jedi Knight II
Play Jedi Academy
Read the Thrawn trilogy
Episode VII

My new viewing order:

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011 movie)
Iron Man (2008 movie)
Iron Man 2 (2010 movie)
The Incredible Hulk (2008 movie)
Thor (2011 movie)
The Avengers (2012 movie)
Iron Man 3 (2013 movie)
Thor: The Dark World (2013 movie)
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1 (2014 movie)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014 movie)
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 (2017 movie)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015 movie)
Ant-Man (2015 movie)
Captain America: Civil War (2016 movie)
Doctor Strange (2016 movie)

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

i hope the han solo movie has him punching a giant otter in the face

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Really II, I, III is the actual order

For Indiana Jones

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Actually when I invite my (mixed gender) friends around for popcorn and DVDs its usually:
An ironically bad movie (Clone Wars, Ewok Films, Christmas Special)
A genuinely good movie (e1, e2, e3, e4, e5, e6, rogue one, e7)

We also have video games going so people can tune out and play hard.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Friendly Factory posted:

I changed it up with ep VII. Originally it was:

V
I
IV
II
III
VI

But now I go with:

VI
II
VII
V
III
I
IV

I just take all the DVDs (digital video deck) and throw them in the air and watch them in order of how close they are to the Blu Rey player. Except for V. I smash that dumpster fire and toss it in a wood chipper.

Sucks having to re-buy it every time I want to watch the Star Wars saga.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

UmOk posted:

Except for V. I smash that dumpster fire and toss it in a wood chipper.

He's at it again! UmOk, you card! You crack me up :lol:

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yaws posted:

:thatsthesnoke:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
Having pondered the viewing order discussion in this thread, I no longer want to watch Star Wars.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

The prequels are essentially fan fiction so you can skip them. After that, watch them in the order they were released.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I fear the day that the Star Wars watches us instead.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's actually cool now to see comment sections of articles or Youtube videos about the PT have people who actually like them. Like in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoJgY4EX-Xg

Speaking of which, Mike Matai who made that video was revealed to have drawn racist comics on his old website. This is one of them (maybe :nws:): https://i.imgur.com/c0neTCh.jpg

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

James not being needlessly cynical about how people might like movies that didn't work for him is refreshing.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Hodgepodge posted:

Having pondered the viewing order discussion in this thread, I no longer want to watch Star Wars.

The best viewing order for Star Wars is whichever one you're in the mood for, then go do something else.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Yaws posted:

So sick of all these Episode V apologist. The movie was an absolute failure on every level. I'm disgusted.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Star Wars watching order:

1. The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

You can watch Star Wars (1977) if you haven't seen it, but I wouldn't consider it required viewing.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

They should get everyone back and film this.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That.... actually makes sense.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
It'd be cool if they did another round if Infinites comics for the PT

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

dialhforhero posted:

Really II, I, III is the actual order

For Indiana Jones

II, I, III, Young Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Blues is the actual order

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Where does Crystal Skull fit into this?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Instant Sunrise posted:

Where does Crystal Skull fit into this?

The crystal skull is on the mantle of a space hunters fireplace in the clone wars cartoon so the correct answer is after The Phantom Menace

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

El Burbo posted:

The crystal skull is on the mantle of a space hunters fireplace in the clone wars cartoon so the correct answer is after The Phantom Menace

What is a space hunter? Do they hunt space?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Yo I watched Attack of the Clones for the first time in forever and really enjoyed it. The first chase scene is exciting and looks amazing. Didn't have any problems with the Anakin/Padme stuff, I liked that they actually fleshed it out instead of it just being two scenes of them doing whatever. Also the imagery with the cat monster and rhino monster. Obi Wan doing his solo stuff is great, specifically his fights with Jango and the talk he has with Dooku. Threepio is the best.

That's my review.

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 3, 2017

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

We just watched it the other night too. From the moment Obi-Wan jumps out the window till the time Zam eats the dart is a fantastic sequence all around. You really do not want a Jedi chasing you, much less a pair of the best.

Obi-Wan vs. Jango on Kamino is in the same vein: Jango can barely hold his own enough to escape, both of them pull out all the tricks they have. The action is also very clear and well choreographed. In fact apart from the pod race, parts of the final battle on Mustafar in ROTS, and the space battle in Jedi, I'd say the action in Clones is the best of all six movies.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I enjoy how much it wears its influences on its sleeve- it's really obvious that Obi-Wan's stuff is a vintage detective story, that the landscapes are out of Golden Age sci-fi pulp covers, the monsters in the arena are a Harryhausen homage, there are maser tanks from the Toho kaiju movies in the big ground battle, etc.

I think one reason I do like the prequels is I'm a fan of the source material for Star Wars- I like the old Flash Gordon serials and Sinbad movies and Godzilla movies, so things like cheesy dialogue or flowery romance don't faze me as much. That's par for the course.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Davros1 posted:

II, I, III, Young Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Blues is the actual order

Where is Fate of Atlantis?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
You definitely kind of get the feeling with a lot of the stuff that people miss from the OT (more naturalistic acting styles and dialogue, relatable characters) are things that Georgie either felt obliged to veer towards or seeped in via osmosis in 1977 and that he sort of just eliminated in 99.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I'd say the action in Clones is the best of all six movies.
That arena battle at the end is so over the top it's like it was written by a child

"what if we had like 100 jedis in one battle" :downs:

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Yo I watched Attack of the Clones for the first time in forever and really enjoyed it. The first chase scene is exciting and looks amazing. Didn't have any problems with the Anakin/Padme stuff, I liked that they actually fleshed it out instead of it just being two scenes of them doing whatever. Also the imagery with the cat monster and rhino monster. Obi Wan doing his solo stuff is great, specifically his fights with Jango and the talk he has with Dooku. Threepio is the best.

That's my review.

Best part of Star Wars

UmOk posted:

The best is when Anakin's Horny Bull

rams into Padme's Big White Pussy Cat

and then she ejaculates off the top of a giant penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

i can't believe it took me this long to realize that as of rogue one, there are just as many star wars movies not directed by george lucas as there are ones he did direct.

• Locked thread