Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Citation needed. The president of Ukraine disappeared the day after he signed the agreement. I don't know if RT has you thinking that the CIA had little green men in play in Ukraine or what, but one day is not a lot of time to engineer an escalation. Especially because what happened in Ukraine, as you eventually noted, was a revolution, not a coup. The US, as it is wont to do, provided some behind-the-scenes diplomatic support for anti-government protestors, but that is a long, long, long way away from "sponsoring a coup."

Your whole narrative is bullshit, which you would know if you'd been following events in real time.

the strategy was established back in 93 when Cheney created the cordon against not just the former USSR but also Russia itself. That's why they have been breaking promises to expand NATO the moment the ink dried.

quote:

Robert Gates described the approach in his new memoir, Duty, explaining the view of President George H.W. Bush’s Defense Secretary Dick Cheney: “When the Soviet Union was collapsing in late 1991, Dick wanted to see the dismantlement not only of the Soviet Union and the Russian empire but of Russia itself, so it could never again be a threat to the rest of the world.”

sponsored or not they got what they wanted after spending 5 billion to influence the outcome through a state department neocon slush fund (National Endowment for Democracy)

providing behind the scenes diplomatic support for protestors is another way of saying "coddling right sector neonazi militias in occupying government offices to jettison a deal on early elections and overthrow an internationally recognized democratically elected president."

https://www.thenation.com/article/the-ukrainian-far-right-and-the-danger-it-poses/

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/04/14/ukraine-the-truth/

its like you are some babe in the woods who thinks the US doesn't sponsor coups around the world.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Euromaidan protesters were not well served by a very corrupt elite they tried to boo offstage and who are quite happy to lose the Russian-ethnic part of the country because it guarantees their parliamentary future (that and banning Yanukovich's MPs from seeking office legitimately ever again), also Victor Yanukovich is bad.

Hope that clears up this incredibly not that hard issue once you stop picking a side other than the average Ukrainian.

Please take it to SevastoPOL thread, make one if you have to, this is Britlections.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

wow sounds like a wrongthinker doing the work of our Enemy Thinkers

What's next, marxists? Ugh

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

jBrereton posted:

Euromaidan protesters were not well served by a very corrupt elite they tried to boo offstage and who are quite happy to lose the Russian-ethnic part of the country because it guarantees their parliamentary future (that and banning Yanukovich's MPs from seeking office legitimately ever again), also Victor Yanukovich is bad.

Hope that clears up this incredibly not that hard issue once you stop picking a side other than the average Ukrainian.

Please take it to SevastoPOL thread, make one if you have to, this is Britlections.

Not directed at you, but just in case anyone missed it at the bottom of last page:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This is not the thread for being wrong about Ukraine and the maidan protests. This is the thread for being wrong about British electoral politics.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's a spicy meat-a-ball!!!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This is the thread for being wrong about British electoral politics.

In that spirit, I predict the Tories will get 331 seats, and if they get fewer than that I shall give £20 to Médecins Sans Frontières.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

In that spirit, I predict the Tories will get 331 seats, and if they get fewer than that I shall give £20 to Médecins Sans Frontières.

those guys suck, give it to doctors without borders instead

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/immolations/status/867837838947225600

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/D_Raval/status/870973372078981121?s=09

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
destroyed

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
this been posted here?

courtesy of phiz

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
https://twitter.com/J_Oblong/status/871060344432734208

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
also for the record the british people will never be free until they kill their monarchy

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Darkman Fanpage posted:

also for the record the british people will never be free until they kill their monarchy

:wrong: the only freedom lies in nuclear fire

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
id like canada to keep QEII as an eternal monarch, keep the current form of govt but just pretend QEII never dies ever

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

gently caress this is so british

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

:wrong: the only freedom lies in nuclear fire

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

id like canada to keep QEII as an eternal monarch, keep the current form of govt but just pretend QEII never dies ever
like kim il-sung

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Baloogan posted:

holy poo poo i never knew how much of a cuck you actually are. this is just pathetic

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

monarchists are scum

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

like kim il-sung

yea but QEII rules like, a good chunk of the entire planet and il-sung ruled over a tiny nation

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'd prefer QEII as eternal leader over kim il-sung. she seems nicer than him and relatively benign, and doesn't have any calcium growths that force camera crews to photograph her at odd angles

that we know of

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

so british young conservatives are just as awful as ours

edit: was the BBC always conservative or is that a new development

Uncle Wemus has issued a correction as of 19:23 on Jun 3, 2017

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Terror Sweat posted:

holy poo poo i never knew how much of a cuck you actually are. this is just pathetic

government is the most wildly successful invention ever made
and the proto-monarchy in canada is really stable :shrug:
i like it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Baloogan posted:

yea but QEII rules like, a good chunk of the entire planet and il-sung ruled over a tiny nation

liz lost half the world in her lifetime, sounds weak and wobbly to me

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Aliquid posted:

call us when you can send someone to gently caress up canadian politics lol

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol just lol that ya'll still have a monarchy

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Karl Barks posted:

lol just lol that ya'll still have a monarchy

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

and she's just this little old lady who drinks tea and eats biscuits all day

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

government is the most wildly successful invention ever made
and the proto-monarchy in canada is really stable :shrug:
i like it

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

only thing worse is if he were king

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

queen ivanka

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

gently caress, just trumps ruling for centuries

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Aliquid posted:

Karl Barks posted:

the human being QEII is some dumb old woman

the living symbol of government QEII is a legal fiction that you can build society around

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
just look at the countries based around british rule, vs the rest of em :shrug:

something worked.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

tfw u rule over the largest loss of land by an empire probably

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Baloogan posted:

just look at the countries based around british rule, vs the rest of em :shrug:

something worked.

ur biased

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
You're a dumb communist he doesn't realize that the Russian Revolution failed entirely you cuck

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

hmmmm seems like i hit a soft spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Karl Barks posted:

And has many small dogs.