Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Let's hope.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

SomeMathGuy posted:

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids Meets Gene Shalit

Seems legit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

This strip is ordinarily one I hate-read, but double-gently caress this one. I've been teaching for over 25 years, and I still get the 'Oh, must be nice to work only eight hours a week, six months of the year' bullshit from my mother (who remains convinced I have only a 'part time' job) and from my in-laws (who ask me every March when classes end if I'm going to pick up a second job to tide me over til late September). It took about two years' living together to train the current Mr Boods out of that mindset.

/pet-peeve

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is a repeat.

This has never been a geek thing you loving dipshits. Literally everyone with an instagram does this. God I hate this comic.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 2, 1995)

Garfield Classic (June 2, 1985)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Tomorrow: A Volcano!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
B.C

Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

random Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Baby Blues

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Bobulus posted:

Alt-right grave-robbers was not where I expected this Dick Tracy convention storyline to go.

Except they aren't Alt-Right, and they aren't grave-robbers.
That one Margie is just crazy and think the Jew's control everything.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

As much as this is not classic Nancy, I miss when Intelligent Life was just this.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
They did specifically go out to a bunch of Jewish cemeteries and smash things, so it's not exactly completely out of left field, although Big Margie deciding to being screaming about how the Jews have dragged the cops so low they'll actually arrest people caught disposing of evidence to a felony is kind of doubling down.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Before my block o'comics, I've got a request. Yesterday, I was given a copy of a newspaper, an odd event for me, and I naturally read the comics section. Zack Hill had a punchline about Caitlyn Jenner, which was tasteless enough that I wanted to share with the thread when I got home. But the strip hosted on GoComics for that day is totally different. I'm hoping the paper is still on the desk at work, but if anyone in here happens to have a paper from yesterday with Zack Hill in it, could you please check to see what yours is like?

Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pooch Café

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

DePaul is either planning to kill off Phantom for real and let his successor and editor deal with the fallout as he walks out the door, or he's on passive-aggressive strike.

e: he could be on passive-aggressive strike until he kills off Phantom on the last day.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It's nuts how accurately Watterson predicted 2016/2017. This isn't the first strip I've seen where it seems like he's channeling the future.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's a shame Les apparently isn't really a fan of this song. At least I saw the Duo De Twang version live, that was pretty great.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It's nuts how accurately Watterson predicted 2016/2017. This isn't the first strip I've seen where it seems like he's channeling the future.

It's funny how prescient you can be when you complain about modern life in the vaguest possible terms, which seems to fill a lot of these late Calvin and Hobbes strips.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Ah, yes. Noted geek, Nancy from Nancy.

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

At first I was impressed and somewhat disbelieving that Newspaper Spider-Man would be carrying these historical facts around in his head with this level of specificity, but then Comics Curmudgeon posted all the ways Pete got this wrong, so that brings back a level of believably.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm just going to assume Tiffany is making fun of Gunther's dick there.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

He shaved in between the panels, maybe they're mocking his personnel care habits.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Darthemed posted:

Before my block o'comics, I've got a request. Yesterday, I was given a copy of a newspaper, an odd event for me, and I naturally read the comics section. Zack Hill had a punchline about Caitlyn Jenner, which was tasteless enough that I wanted to share with the thread when I got home. But the strip hosted on GoComics for that day is totally different. I'm hoping the paper is still on the desk at work, but if anyone in here happens to have a paper from yesterday with Zack Hill in it, could you please check to see what yours is like?

Our local paper (Edmonton Sun) ran the GoComics version, but a quick look on PressDisplay shows the Caitlyn Jenner version in a few papers.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

It's other people posting the pictures, right? ("After someone's posted a picture" not "after she's posted a picture.") So how is Photoshop going to help?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

As long as there's never another Luann comic posted, we can pretend this is the last one and that it went out on a high note.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Ms Boods posted:

This strip is ordinarily one I hate-read, but double-gently caress this one. I've been teaching for over 25 years, and I still get the 'Oh, must be nice to work only eight hours a week, six months of the year' bullshit from my mother (who remains convinced I have only a 'part time' job) and from my in-laws (who ask me every March when classes end if I'm going to pick up a second job to tide me over til late September). It took about two years' living together to train the current Mr Boods out of that mindset.
Eight hours a week? :psyduck: Even if people think the prep work you do for classes doesn't count(which is hosed up but sadly common), you have more class hours than that a week(if you're a K12 teacher) or do research and whatnot outside the classroom(if you're a college teacher).

Flash Gordon

2001 Spiderman

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

That dude in the spider man strip straight up died because Peter turned on a fake projection of the sun :psyduck:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Also: MJ straight up called Spider-Man "Peter" in front of a whole bunch of cops. How long until someone puts "Famous model Mary Jane Parker called Spider-Man 'Peter'" and "Peter Parker is Mary Jane Parker's husband" together? (An eternity, because this is the newspaperverse...)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Haifisch posted:

2001 Spiderman

"I'm with the press!"
"Oh, hey! Come look at the naked dead guy..."

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

"Stay Back, Police! This man is dying!" - Spider-man

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Spider-man is very afraid of the undead.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

goatface posted:

Spider-man is very afraid of the undead.
Considering how much trouble he had with a 'vampire' that was just a washed up not-vampire actor, can you blame him?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set gets close to nature.

Working Daze shows how we react to it.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gets political.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Honestly, this Judge Parker turnover is taking so long that I can't care about anything happening in it anymore.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Vargo posted:

Wizard of Id

Did the Wizard of Id guy give this horse a penis?

F Minus

It has to be that song because of copyrights.

Mary Worth

A Montclair Moment.

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

"We're both tired and stressed out. We are equally at fault for my outburst."

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

It has to be that song because of copyrights.

Those assholes finally lost in court, and lost hard.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Jesus what a bunch of assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Who the gently caress are those three guys? Is one of them Floyd? Is this a tension building mechanic for the date and that's why they aren't introduced by name?

• Locked thread