Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i cut this lawn a week ago

Nice yard pal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

CUT YER LAWN, YA GOD drat HIPPIE

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Forgive me Dad thread, for I have sinned.

My mower broke about three weeks ago after finishing up most of the yard, except for this one side patch. I tired a new carb, air filter plug and poo poo and just said gently caress it and bought an actual new mower. Went to Lowe's during their memorial day sale and knocked a whopping $30 of the cheapest honda-powered mower they had. It seems well built enough, but all the plastic crap worries me a bit, and the hopper is laughably small.

before/after

The backyard was a shitshow, probably 8-10" long in a lot of sections. mulch would've clogged it constantly, and it clogged up the side chute quite a bit, too. Now there's just rows of piled grass clippings all over the back yard, but at least it doesn't look abandoned anymore.

Garden's doing well, at least. The rows are carrots-lettuce-arugula-kale, I think. Gotta thin it out, then till more poo poo and plant some other crops, but it's getting late in the season.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Got a job interview for Merrill next week, but it's in the Phoenix area...

I may have to start getting acquainted with the thought of living in Satan's taint instead of laughing about it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I can't keep plants alive if I leave them outside. They just roast. We're still 10* below the normal summer temps. Got a row of flower pots with tomatoes and strawberries in my dining room now.

Seeing WW tonight. Stoked.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Kind of wish I had a house and a yard/garden to take care of but since I've spent 3 of the last 5 months in the field there's no way I could do that so I renewed my apartments lease for a year.

When I lived in Florida I used to go home on the weekend and help out with my parents lawn/garden, it's weirdly satisfying and Washington has so many awesome plants/flowers that bloom in the spring and summer.

I remember seeing pics of Lingcodkilla's yard, dude has an awesome yard up here.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just be like Jean Reno in The Professional and carry a house plant everywhere you go.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Slim Pickens posted:

Forgive me Dad thread, for I have sinned.

hey you did good buying a honda mower. i love the engine on mine

didnt get a chance to mow today :( tractor got delivered just as it started raining. Saturday should be ok in the morning, so here's hoping

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I could actually have a decent garden like the other ground floor folks here but it would all just die or something when I go out to the field for a month here in about a week.

I've spent more time in the field this year than I have at home, poo poo's kind of ridiculous. My West Point cadets are kind of butt hurt about having to spend a whopping FOUR DAYS in the field with us.

Mine keeps insinuating that he want's some time as acting PL like some of his classmates, I've already told him he's out of his goddamn mind to think that I would let him tell one of my NCO's/soldiers what to do.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
House of Cars season 5: room temperature water.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cowboy elvis posted:

House of Cars season 5: room temperature water.

Right? Up to episode 7 and nothing has happened yet this season. Election, election, doug being an rear end in a top hat, frank explains things to the audience, election, doug being an rear end in a top hat, dead girls being brought up, ptsd, election.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Show doesn't pick up from there either. If anything, the story beats get dumber. There's a scene in episode 10 or 11 that's just flat out amateur. You'll know it because the first thought you'll have is, "they couldn't find a stunt person for a shot or two?"

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Mustang posted:

I could actually have a decent garden like the other ground floor folks here but it would all just die or something when I go out to the field for a month here in about a week.

I've spent more time in the field this year than I have at home, poo poo's kind of ridiculous. My West Point cadets are kind of butt hurt about having to spend a whopping FOUR DAYS in the field with us.

Mine keeps insinuating that he want's some time as acting PL like some of his classmates, I've already told him he's out of his goddamn mind to think that I would let him tell one of my NCO's/soldiers what to do.

Butterbars and shiners are bad enough, but a loving cadet? Heeeeelll no.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
He'd be lucky if the only thing that happened was everyone from E-7 on down laughed in his face for a full straight minute.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey you did good buying a honda mower. i love the engine on mine

didnt get a chance to mow today :( tractor got delivered just as it started raining. Saturday should be ok in the morning, so here's hoping

Take no prisoners :getin:

Did you get the brush?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mustang posted:

Attach a single private to his command for a day. Make the cadet "officer in charge of raking grass" or sorting rocks by size or something equally banal. Secretly give the private permission to wander off, fall asleep on duty, and set things on fire for no reason (assuming you don't already have a private who does this) so long as he doesn't talk back and simply meets all criticism and corrections with a fish-eyed stare. Berate the cadet mercilessly every time a task is not performed in the time you were expecting it done (never tell him the expectation in advance.) Demand a 15 minute PowerPoint on a task that only requires 10 minutes of uninterrupted work. Detach the private for a different working party, but don't change the goals you set for the cadet to reflect a 50% reduction in manpower. Require a draft evaluation of the private before the end of the next duty day, requiring him to stay to 9 PM to finish it. Lose it, then steadfastly deny having received it.

This will either drive him to suicide, or fully prepare him for officer life.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

Attach a single private to his command for a day. Make the cadet "officer in charge of raking grass" or sorting rocks by size or something equally banal. Secretly give the private permission to wander off, fall asleep on duty, and set things on fire for no reason (assuming you don't already have a private who does this) so long as he doesn't talk back and simply meets all criticism and corrections with a fish-eyed stare. Berate the cadet mercilessly every time a task is not performed in the time you were expecting it done (never tell him the expectation in advance.) Demand a 15 minute PowerPoint on a task that only requires 10 minutes of uninterrupted work. Detach the private for a different working party, but don't change the goals you set for the cadet to reflect a 50% reduction in manpower. Require a draft evaluation of the private before the end of the next duty day, requiring him to stay to 9 PM to finish it. Lose it, then steadfastly deny having received it.

You don't want to kill the poor bastard, just crush his spirit.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
What happened to "hang all nobles"?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Dead Reckoning posted:

Cheaper and less paperwork if you make them hang themselves.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dead Reckoning posted:

Suicide is able to be accomplished by hanging, I see no problems

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

If you crush his spirit the rest will work itself out.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Rolled my right ankle badly this morning helping a friend move. I mean foot rolled dam near a full 90 degrees with audible popping. Good lord did that feel awful.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

TBeats posted:

Just be like Jean Reno in The Professional and carry a house plant everywhere you go.

Speaking of fungal infections.....

eidt- just kiddn' TBeats

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

I just woke up in a cold sweat

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Just got home after seeing a doc. No broken bones and I'm looking at a recovery time a few weeks. Doc said tomorrow is gonna suck for me in terms of pain, so that's great.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Time to stock up on steaks and frozen peas!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
https://twitter.com/SWXLindsayJoy/status/870783535711498240

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Hey I've got marketable skills outside law enforcement after all

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
When we tell our "back in 'Nam" stories do we say "back in 'Raq/'Stan?"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mustang posted:

I would have rented you my studio apartment for chump change but I think you were in the field at the time. I'm a one hour commute from JBLM though.

gently caress if you like to garden I would have saved the drat place instead of the love struck kittens I just rented the place to in May.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
What's the best place to get a free FICO score if your bank/credit card issuer doesn't offer it? Nerdwallet and Credit.com want me to sign up for their monthly monitoring and spam mail, which I really don't want to do.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

credit karma app is pretty good

You mean you have to sign up, as I'm sure with most

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

If you have a credit account with USAA they should provide you with one.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I have credit score monitoring through USAA and Capital One and both show my credit score as ~40 points higher then it actually is.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

TBeats posted:

When we tell our "back in 'Nam" stories do we say "back in 'Raq/'Stan?"

Since we're currently occupying both countries, nobody will believe that any of us were there 10+ years ago.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
It's 'E Rack' (long e) and A-Stan :colbert:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sadly some rear end in a top hat flagged that Craigslist post for moderation/removal.

The same board that turns a blind eye to thinly veiled prostitution can't tolerate the BBQ Dad bat signal.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

orange juche posted:

Sadly some rear end in a top hat flagged that Craigslist post for moderation/removal.

The same board that turns a blind eye to thinly veiled prostitution can't tolerate the BBQ Dad bat signal.

Diversity comes in all flavors

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://www.khq.com/story/35579202/spokane-craigslist-ad-seeks-generic-father-figure-for-backyard-bbq

its on local news now, and they've gotten replies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

quote:

His name is Jerry but he said we can call him Dave or Bill
Jerry is way more dad than Dave or Bill.

• Locked thread