Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Ben Garrsion: I think trump is good because he stands up to Obama, The Pope, and Polar Bears, all of whom are under the thumb of the illuminati

Sane cartoon readers: I understand, and do not require any additional explanation or evidence for that statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Global warming is a hoax and also gently caress polar bears

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just endlessly gently caress Garrison and everyone else who is gonna get their ticket punched before the real shitshow starts.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

little munchkin posted:

Ben Garrsion: I think trump is good because he stands up to Obama, The Pope, and Polar Bears, all of whom are under the thumb of the illuminati

Sane cartoon readers: I understand, and do not require any additional explanation or evidence for that statement.

just do some research!!

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

:nms: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBVT2gmVoAAB2_v.jpg:large :nms:

Misogny, racism, antisemitism, tits, basically everything else. We really have reached peak alt-right, folks.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Garrison: "Ya gotta give me the shoe."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

fucuckshima, more like

Now, now, Garrison is right, we should focus our efforts on preventing Fukushima from happening. Also Chernobyl and Three-Miles-Island. And the Black Plague of 1348, too. Why aren't the Illuminati doing anything about that? Instead they're all about trying to avoid so-called "disasters" that never even happened yet. Who do they think they're fooling?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Stefu posted:

Misogny, racism, antisemitism, tits, basically everything else. We really have reached peak alt-right, folks.

Besides the really blatant :umberto: I really want to call attention to the fact that the artist used a quote about self-affirmation to justify working your rear end off to become conventionally attractive instead of living your life on your own terms. That's some fresh irony right there

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Stefu posted:

Well, that's a loving thing

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Stefu posted:

The cutesy art on the left side brings back memories of Chuck Asay. Simpler times.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Stefu posted:

is the right-hand side of that first panel meant to look 100% badass on purpose

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

North Georgia and the Canadian province of Michigan. What an idiot.

Ramirez can't be the only American cartoonist who has hosed up the states?

dougdrums fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 3, 2017

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

dougdrums posted:

North Georgia and the Canadian province of Michigan. What an idiot.

Ramirez can't be the only American cartoonist who has hosed up the states?

There is no Sunlight in California or Cascadia.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I like how the conservative position has shifted from "global warming doesn't exist" to "global warming isn't manmade" to "who cares about global warming, the short-term economy is more important."

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Stefu posted:

I can't do it. I can't imagine this as anything but satire.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Pakled posted:

I like how the conservative position has shifted from "global warming doesn't exist" to "global warming isn't manmade" to "who cares about global warming, the short-term economy is more important."

Well, we're winning then, hopefully victory can be complete enough soon enough, that humanity survives.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005

RuanGacho posted:

There is no Sunlight in California or Cascadia.

Florida is gettin' excited.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

The really awful thing to think about to me is that he has never and will never experience any consequences for anything, ever. The worst thing that might happen is he might not get reelected, and then he goes home to his millions and makes even more money.
This is why I really hope he gets nailed for some crime.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
Vermont was traded for Alt-Right Georgia so we wouldn't have to make new flags.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MelvinBison posted:

Yeah there's no way it isn't satire. If it was real it would use coded language instead of talking about eliminating the Jews.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

MelvinBison posted:

I think the swastika is there to clue people in.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
As always, what are you if antifascists are your opponent?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/realEmilyYoucis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?EmilyYoucis

Wow, the more I dig, the more completely lost this person is.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 3, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Just endlessly gently caress Garrison and everyone else who is gonna get their ticket punched before the real shitshow starts.

There is hope that modern medicine will help them live to see the consequences of their actions.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Cloks posted:

Desperately trying not to think too hard about it, if what I've seen here and elsewhere is any indication.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Cloks posted:

'ah but antifa are the REAL fascists so doesn't that make us the REAL antifascists? :downs:'

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Karl Marx: The inventor of climate change.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Internet Webguy posted:

Karl Marx: The inventor of climate change.

Yeah, the Paris accord definitely called for workers to seize the means of production and end global capitalism.

And communist countries, such as the Soviet Union, were famous for their environmentally-friendly policies.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
How do idiots like Branco deal with the fact that most actual Marxists/Leninists/FALGSCommunists despise the EU, G7, and most other similar organizations? Besides the crippling cognitive dissonance, obv

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Branco: "uhhh hmmmmm what kind of a metaphor should I use here... Uh... this is a tough one... gently caress it" *draws Karl Marx* "... And it's done. Wow I'm good."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Xen Tricks posted:

How do idiots like Branco deal with the fact that most actual Marxists/Leninists/FALGSCommunists despise the EU, G7, and most other similar organizations? Besides the crippling cognitive dissonance, obv

Incredible, obstinate ignorance.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Xen Tricks posted:

They don't care. Seriously they just don't. They have the world sorted into two categories; "good" and "bad." All things in "bad" are all connected and want to destroy America.

If you want to understand right wing political cartoonists better start there. They just pick a bunch of things from "bad" and put them all together. Then they caption it with "BAD" and/or "DEBT" to create a message of "you should be mad about these things."

Environmentalists and communists are both bad. Therefore they must be working together to destroy capitalism and America, which are good.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Xen Tricks posted:

I think you'll find it's Barack Obama who is the actual gay communist, because I keep calling him one

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

They don't care. Seriously they just don't. They have the world sorted into two categories; "good" and "bad." All things in "bad" are all connected and want to destroy America.

If you want to understand right wing political cartoonists better start there. They just pick a bunch of things from "bad" and put them all together. Then they caption it with "BAD" and/or "DEBT" to create a message of "you should be mad about these things."

Environmentalists and communists are both bad. Therefore they must be working together to destroy capitalism and America, which are good.

I'm honestly surprised most (but not all) of them have the savvy to not put muslim terrorists with bloodied swords and evil jewish bankers on the same side.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
I know it's not really saying anything new for Branco, but it's stunning the lack of any knowledge whatsoever he holds. Also I used to read this thread religiously before everything went to hell, and I'm trying to get back into it. Are there any of the right-wing regulars that didn't just go full team Trump, and hold on to a shred of dignity? I can see Ramirez and both of th McCoy's have gone full-blown apeshit , which isn't too surprising

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Xen Tricks posted:

I know it's not really saying anything new for Branco, but it's stunning the lack of any knowledge whatsoever he holds. Also I used to read this thread religiously before everything went to hell, and I'm trying to get back into it. Are there any of the right-wing regulars that didn't just go full team Trump, and hold on to a shred of dignity?

Not really. Prickly City is an incoherent mess now but that's about it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

High pressure and hot conditions over the US would be economically devastating, which is the whole point of this you massive tool.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Xen Tricks posted:

I know it's not really saying anything new for Branco, but it's stunning the lack of any knowledge whatsoever he holds. Also I used to read this thread religiously before everything went to hell, and I'm trying to get back into it. Are there any of the right-wing regulars that didn't just go full team Trump, and hold on to a shred of dignity? I can see Ramirez and both of th McCoy's have gone full-blown apeshit , which isn't too surprising

Stantis refuses to support Trump but also repeatedly says that liberals are worse.

Most conservative politoonists try to mention Trump as little as possible.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I didn't realize anyone said "yuge" other than to make fun of Trump so I was initially confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Garrison is literally insane. "The Iluminati invented climate change to distract us from the most egregious danger. Fukushima is destroying the entire ocean right now! Leonardo Dicaprio refused to use the word 'Earth' because to him, its just like any other planet!"

Also he's quite possible the only person in the world who would draw Merkel as a weird sex object.

But frankly, From a technical view, he's on of the better cartoonists. (Not that that's saying a lot.) His artstyle is quite clear and doesn't cause me to vomit, he actually manages to use some symbolism sometimes and he's way more consistent than the person he's shilling. Plus there are sometimes little easter eggs in his insane works. For example, he keeps inserting that shoe. What's the deal with that anyway?

• Locked thread