Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

I know it can be irritating to watch some people freak out about the "new Hitler", but its not exactly bad for people to be on the lookout for that sort of thing. And although "nazism" may not really be possible in modern America, a new weird form of authoritariansm just as awful may still come from this.
The problem is it illustrates serious flaws in our system if someone like Trump can be elected and Congress can run interference for him to keep him in power. We're lucky Trump is incompetent. But after Trump is gone the door is open for someone else more intelligent/malicious to come into power and do even more evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Darth Windu posted:

Thanks man. Maybe trump was right to take us out, then. Granted it's the only thing he's been right on so far

Dumbass, you were the poster who whined that you're "literally a Communist," but because I was mean to you on CSPAM, you were going to vote Trump. Everyone knows who you are.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

It's also only showing states where bills have been introduced, which is completely meaningless. Let's compare two maps from that article:
:thunk:

State legislatures are awful and idiotic legislation gets introduced or even passed through committee all the time. It means absolutely nothing and this kind of analysis is worthless without also discussing the likelihood that a bill will actually move forward in a meaningful way.

Gotta scare people into clicking the article link though!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Majorian posted:

Dumbass, you were the poster who whined that you're "literally a Communist," but because I was mean to you on CSPAM, you were going to vote Trump. Everyone knows who you are.

Yeah, nobody takes Darth Windu seriously in this or any other thread. Ignore and move on man.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Nonsense posted:

People like to pretend that the economy is capable of massive growth uncoupled from government spending. I heard it yesterday on On Point from a caller.

This is why you only listen to like the first 20 minutes of On Point.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Nonsense posted:

People like to pretend that the economy is capable of massive growth uncoupled from government spending. I heard it yesterday on On Point from a caller.

This is why I suggest that perhaps the entire shift of right wing ideology since Reagan is, in fact a Russian plot. If you wanted to take a long term approach to destroying America, how else would you go about it?

We are our government.

The bit about the other side being an existential threat has only come around in the same time period, that said, I believe people are generally good and become sold on particular narratives that find rhetorical hooks and drag them down into the dark.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Nonsense posted:

Here's Chomsky talking to this exact same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywt8XGElmwU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Windu posted:

It could mean a net negative for the us, which is a legitimate reason to want to renegotiate.

What do you think of the argument that there are actually more important things than national self-interest?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Haha

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/871055187867258881

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Captain Monkey posted:

Yeah, nobody takes Darth Windu seriously in this or any other thread. Ignore and move on man.

Asking DnD to demonstrate self-restraint? By not engaging with obvious concern trolls?

:laffo: That's a good one!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Majorian posted:

If Texas had exercise rest stops this never happen

Characters on KotH that would bend the knee : Everyone except :

Hank and Boomhauer, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe Dale. forgot he goes to mexico for xmas shopping.

e: Add John Redcorn

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 3, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Someone let Trump know that as long as he's not in the country people won't hate him as much.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
America First lol more like America WORST amirite

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't get why he got a bump on that trip it was a loving trainwreck.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
"I like the trips where I dance with swords and touch an orb and see a wall and wear a yarmulke, not the ones where the mean German lady is mean to me and the French guy hurts my hand!"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Because they could control the optics a bit better than they can at home.

Also he was off Twitter.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Groovelord Neato posted:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Someone let Trump know that as long as he's not in the country people won't hate him as much.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because they could control the optics a bit better than they can at home.

Also he was off Twitter.

true but he rode a golf cart a very short distance while everyone else walked and also got constantly dunked on after saudi arabia.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Seriously though what the gently caress was with that glowing orb?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Groovelord Neato posted:

No time to tweet

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Re: the government and the economy, didn't the US government act to support the development of the internet where most large businesses balked at the financial uncertainty?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Re: the government and the economy, didn't the US government act to support the development of the internet where most large businesses balked at the financial uncertainty?

See also: computers, planes, wireless communication, etc

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

I am really and truly confused.

Do you think of 480 acres, 40 miles from Manhattan, and directly across from a mall, as a "wilderness area"

Like, the problem with me trolling people from New York is I don't need to. There are a few areas in New York State that are close to being a wilderness, like in the Adirondacks, but suburban Westchester county is not one of them.

Like, do people in New York State really think "wilderness" is anywhere where you can't hear the freeway that easily?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

See also: computers, planes, wireless communication, etc

How much amazing poo poo came out of the Space Program alone?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Flesh Forge posted:

America First lol more like America WORST amirite

Whoa we got Jeremiah Wright itt!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

PT6A posted:

Seriously though what the gently caress was with that glowing orb?

It was a globe

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

USA invented everything important USA! USA!, oh wait we've spent tax dollars oh no stop all funding to science now.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That stuff everyone turns into in the End of Evangelion

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

It was a globe

That's what the lizard people want you to think.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

glowing-fish posted:

Do you think of 480 acres, 40 miles from Manhattan, and directly across from a mall, as a "wilderness area"

Like, the problem with me trolling people from New York is I don't need to. There are a few areas in New York State that are close to being a wilderness, like in the Adirondacks, but suburban Westchester county is not one of them.

Like, do people in New York State really think "wilderness" is anywhere where you can't hear the freeway that easily?

:bravo:

SHUT THE gently caress UP

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Amazing Hollywood tech to fake the moon landing :tinfoil:

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

glowing-fish posted:

Your rugged individualism is impressive.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

glowing-fish posted:

how are you so constantly loving annoying about things that matter so little

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It's not wilderness unless you literally have to kill a bear with your hands every two clicks

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
gotta have mountains in the state for it to be wilderness, therefore,

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's New York state! Obviously it's just one big city! :downs:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

FizFashizzle posted:

It's not wilderness unless you literally have to kill a bear with your hands every two clicks

Recently an intern, whom has never actually fired a gun told the entire dept. that he could hit a target spot on at 1000 clicks. His training was call of duty.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

skylined! posted:

gotta have mountains in the state for it to be wilderness, therefore,

g-f must be some sort of mountain lobbyist, like Grover Norquist and vaping.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/871062300056317952

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

PhazonLink posted:

Characters on KotH that would bend the knee : Everyone except :

Hank and Boomhauer, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe Dale. forgot he goes to mexico for xmas shopping.

e: Add John Redcorn

Now I want a King of the Hill - Game of Thrones crossover where Stannis finds himself embroiled in Arlen local politics and finds that burning people alive is no longer as effective as it once was.

• Locked thread