Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tehinternet posted:

Yes, truly, NPR is part of the pro-Trump intelligencia.

This is the most stupid thing I've see posted in the past thirty pages. That's impressive.

Fuckin' shuuuuuut up, Christ.

That article headline is pure fluffer poo poo that serves to be quoted by RWM shits for days "NPR says trumps approval rating dropped less than any other president in first 4 months!!! NPR of all outlets can see the truth of this"

I can hear it in Rush's voice and it makes me sick.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Apoplexy posted:

Now I want a King of the Hill - Game of Thrones crossover where Stannis finds himself embroiled in Arlen local politics and finds that burning people alive is no longer as effective as it once was.

Hank leads an uprising against him when it's discovered that the burning utilizes charcoal instead of propane.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Reminder that Trump's insane 37% approval rating is at the same time as a 4.3% unemployment, a 16 year low. Labor force participation isn't so good, but overall Obama handed Trump a smooth economy. Imagine what even a slight recession will do to Trump's numbers. If we bumped up to say, 6% UE, he's got to be toast.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

citybeatnik posted:

Hank leads an uprising against him when it's discovered that the burning utilizes charcoal instead of propane.

I would upvote or thank you if either option were available to me. Instead, I will quote you and laugh heartily.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

citybeatnik posted:

Upon seeing the hotter, more purifying flame of propane, Stannis converts to its use.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Reminder that Trump's insane 37% approval rating is at the same time as a 4.3% unemployment, a 16 year low. Labor force participation isn't so good, but overall Obama handed Trump a smooth economy. Imagine what even a slight recession will do to Trump's numbers. If we bumped up to say, 6% UE, he's got to be toast.

Also the next big natural disaster.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

The only thing that will mean Trump is 'toast' is GOP legislators fearing for their reelection.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

The only thing that will mean Trump is 'toast' is GOP legislators fearing for their reelection.

Which happens as soon as Trump's at sub 30% approval, I think. Which happens if UE goes up or he mishandles a Katrina.

That's actually a good question - what's the approval number Trump has to hit for the GOP to turn on him? 30? 20?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Nervous posted:

Upon seeing the hotter, more purifying flame of propane, Stannis converts to its use.

God damnit, now I can't stop thinking up King of the Throne plots. Luanne converts to R'hllor only to decide that one god's just not enough!

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Hellblazer187 posted:

Increasingly nervous man mutters to himself, from the forced Democrat sterilization camp

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Also, back on the subject of Trump, Trumpkins, and other assorted murderers: https://mobile.twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/871099079710953472

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All I know about New York and nature is that the other night I had to navigate a family of deer to take out my trash and in the morning had to check that the baby one that was sleeping behind my car wasn't still there.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

There's a slight (around one percent) bias towards the left. Wait for Ispos or Q poll before taking the new numbers as gospel.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Also this. If unemployment rises (and it most likely will) Trump will see his numbers begin to crater. He's supposed to be the jobs guy. If people start losing their jobs and being unable to find new ones they'll begin to turn on him.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 3, 2017

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Tatsuta Age posted:

Increasingly nervous man mutters to himself, from the forced Democrat sterilization camp

jaja!

(Am I laughing in Spanish or affirming in German? I don't know!)

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

It would be ok with me if we basically stayed at full employment because Trump and the GOP can't stop fighting internally about how to cut taxes and kill people so everything just kind of coasts along on auto pilot. We probably can't count on that though, somewhere, somehow, someone is going to do something to gently caress up the economy.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Hellblazer187 posted:

It's far more likely the economy will boom under Trump. It's been poised for a bump and all it needed was a little inflation (in the form of higher wages).

Trump wants more inflation since that will result in higher wages, which makes him look better. Also, he and his companies carry a lot of debt.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also the next big natural disaster.

Hurricane season will be fun without FEMA and NOAA appointments and the administration's commitment to be grossly incompetent at everything.

Katrina 2.0 will be really ugly.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

RuanGacho posted:

Recently an intern, whom has never actually fired a gun told the entire dept. that he could hit a target spot on at 1000 clicks. His training was call of duty.
Does he not know what a klick is, or does he not know how far a km is?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Ravenfood posted:

Does he not know what a klick is, or does he not know how far a km is?

We asked him and he said a mile. Considering the context you can imagine how this lead to further questions.

Also did you know he could pilot a helicopter?

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Looking forward to Putin criticizing US human rights with good cause.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

RuanGacho posted:

We asked him and he said a mile. Considering the context you can imagine how this lead to further questions.

Also did you know he could pilot a helicopter?

Haha, America itself is 1,500 miles wide from what I just Googled.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
The one thing im really hoping for is for the economy to stay on track like it's been. I don't care if it makes Trump look good. The last thing we need is an economic downturn with Trump in office. Let's just say I and many others have zero confidence he won't do anything except make it worse.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Charliegrs posted:

The one thing im really hoping for is for the economy to stay on track like it's been. I don't care if it makes Trump look good. The last thing we need is an economic downturn with Trump in office. Let's just say I and many others have zero confidence he won't do anything except make it worse.

Yeah, he needs America to be set on "easy mode" or we are all screwed.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sure the GOP are in grave fear of losing their seats, considering Montana just elected a GOP congressman that assaulted a journalist. We can always trust the American electorate to do the right thing and stand up for sanity.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 3, 2017

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Charliegrs posted:

You're probably not going to get it. Trump and the republicans are not going to inspire confidence in big business with how they're acting right now. We're most likely looking at a mild to moderate recession sometime in the next four years. We're about due for one. There are a number of economic bubbles that may pop in the next two to four years.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

most of the votes were in before that happened and the race was way closer than it had any right to be.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

RuanGacho posted:

It would be ok with me if we basically stayed at full employment because Trump and the GOP can't stop fighting internally about how to cut taxes and kill people so everything just kind of coasts along on auto pilot. We probably can't count on that though, somewhere, somehow, someone is going to do something to gently caress up the economy.

Its ok, even if AHCA doesn't pass, Trump is still doing everything he can to gently caress with ACA funding

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

IUG posted:

Haha, America itself is 1,500 miles wide from what I just Googled.

:catstare:

This might explain the Montana coast.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

RuanGacho posted:

:catstare:

This might explain the Montana coast.

What is the Montana coast?

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Ice Phisherman posted:

You're probably not going to get it. Trump and the republicans are not going to inspire confidence in big business with how they're acting right now. We're most likely looking at a mild to moderate recession sometime in the next four years. We're about due for one. There are a number of economic bubbles that may pop in the next two to four years.

To expand on this, the government is getting less income than anticipated this year, and when we bump up against the debt ceiling again it is going to have some really bad repercussions. Trump said some incredibly stupid poo poo that implies he would be totally fine with the government having to stop non-essential operations again- that is not the sort of thing that leads to economic growth.

edit: Here's an article
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-debt-mnuchin-idUSKBN18K2QG

and the tweet:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/859393829505552385

BougieBitch fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 3, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ice Phisherman posted:

There's a slight (around one percent) bias towards the left. Wait for Ispos or Q poll before taking the new numbers as gospel.

Also this. If unemployment rises (and it most likely will) Trump will see his numbers begin to crater. He's supposed to be the jobs guy. If people start losing their jobs and being unable to find new ones they'll begin to turn on him.

He'll just blame congress for not getting legislation passed to deregulate more.

They will use it to galvanize their base and turn the argument to pure economics.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Ice Phisherman posted:

the famous montanan shoreline along the atlantic ocean of course, don't pretend to act clueless

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Ice Phisherman posted:

Some of the derails in the thread have implied Montana is coastal.

But that gets away from my former intern whom apparently is leaving us at the mercy of our political betters because he hasn't elected to set up a snipers nest on the peak of Mt. Rainier.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Ice Phisherman posted:

glowing fish is very invested in Montana being the only state with real mountains and wilderness areas, or at least there definitely aren't real mountains or wilderness east of the Mississippi

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Ice Phisherman posted:

All star dumbness.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Apoplexy posted:

Also, back on the subject of Trump, Trumpkins, and other assorted murderers: https://mobile.twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/871099079710953472

What's scary is if the 3 men stabbed were black I'm sure this would actually get traction

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Apoplexy posted:

Yep, didn't even make it 20 seconds in.

loving hell, this is even worse than the usual "How could a white student do a no-no!?" crying when a there's a school shooter or a rich kid decides to shoot up a mall.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Fame Douglas posted:

I'm sure the GOP are in grave fear of losing their seats, considering Montana just elected a GOP congressman that assaulted a journalist. We can always trust the American electorate to do the right thing and stand up for sanity.

While I understand Ossof is close and Montana was close(r than it has been), the thing that everyone clamoring over the poll swings needs to also understand is that these are still now Republican House seats.

We are not going to credit for nearly winning. If we do not take back the House, Republicans will still own all three branches and we will be hosed until 2020.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Chilichimp posted:

He'll just blame congress for not getting legislation passed to deregulate more.

They will use it to galvanize their base and turn the argument to pure economics.

The base is already galvanized. They'll have a hard time galvanizing it any more. With total control of the government comes total responsibility. Their arguments will sound incredibly hollow when they can just pass whatever the hell they want.

BougieBitch posted:

To expand on this, the government is getting less income than anticipated this year, and when we bump up against the debt ceiling again it is going to have some really bad repercussions. Trump said some incredibly stupid poo poo that implies he would be totally fine with the government having to stop non-essential operations again- that is not the sort of thing that leads to economic growth.

edit: Here's an article
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-debt-mnuchin-idUSKBN18K2QG

and an article about the tweet because I can't be arsed to comb for it:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/politics/donald-trump-shutdown-tweet/

I have a feeling that if Trump causes another government shutdown on purpose he'll crush the republican party's already bad numbers because that's what happened the last time the republicans did this. The dems and republicans might actually override him in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Pellisworth posted:

glowing fish is very invested in Montana being the only state with real mountains and wilderness areas, or at least there definitely aren't real mountains or wilderness east of the Mississippi

If you want to get technical, Virginia has more wilderness areas.

• Locked thread