Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

CP3 on the Spurs would be pretty cool if his and Pop's egos don't clash and derail the whole team.

Also they'd have to move a lot of salary which would be painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

cp3 is just a non slavic pop who still plays basketball why would they clash

also i think that would be dope as hecks for cp3 to finally get a chance to lose to lebron in the finals

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

im now imagining a sheepish cp3 turning to pop after a difficult regular season game against the cavs and asking "is this like a western conference finals game?"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DeimosRising posted:

They were wrong but in fairness the Gilbert Arenas collapse was fresh in everyone's mind. Curry missed 40 games the season before. Still, by the end of the season everyone knew he'd hosed up, he was a 100% max player that offseason if he waited. His max offer was 15 million and Dallas, Toronto, Brooklyn, and Phoenix were all in a position to max him and be better off for it even with the people they'd have to give up.

edit wait did he resign in 2012 or 2011? either way in summer 2013 he could have gotten a max from Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Utah for sure, Houston if they hadn't opted for Dwight, and the Blazers if they had gotten creative but they already had Lillard. Looks like he signed the extension a couple of days before the 2012 season started, so yeah if he'd gone to RFA summer 2013 he'd be on a max in GS, Dallas, Detroit, or Atlanta right now I bet, and Durant would be in OKC or Boston.

People were seriously worried about him being totally ruined by an ankle a la Grant Hill, who hurt his ankle and played on the injury for a 4 game sweep against Miami and went from a top 10 NBA player to a constantly injured guy to old wily veteran role player. He probably would have been if it was 1997 and not 2011.

EvanTH posted:

This is from a bit back but I disagree completely. Everything my eyes tell me from watchin' the Warriors the past few years is that Draymond Green IS the Warriors. Steph shoots some cool shots but he is a defensive liability. You're underrating Draymond by a lot and overrating Steph by just as much.

Like saying Kyle Korver was the best player on the those 60 win Hawks.

KD I dunno always seems like he should be the second best player in the NBA but he's just so quiet sometimes, especially on defense and that seems odd to me. He's a good defender but he should be much better. Giannis is already showing what you should be doing on D with that kinda spider body, but KD doesn't even have a tenacious posture. He shrinks his shoulders all the time.

If Kevin "The American Giannis" Durant played D like Giannis OKC wouldve been in the Finals last year and he wouldn't have betrayed his friend Russell,
but since he doesn't I still think Draymond is more important to the team.
It's a coach cliche but a huge amount of defense is mindset and effort. You have to embrace the pain of screens and charges and slamming into guys who are running and jumping at full capacity, having most of your effort unrecognized, whereas on offense you get the cheers and claps if you slam into someone and get a point. Durant is even shy of non-directly-point-for-him-producing contact on offense. He always wants to fake a screen and pop for a jumper instead

We saw how great Durant could be on defense, against the warriors last year, when he was playing 4 and Roberson was playing 5. It was frightening.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 3, 2017

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

8 months later and I'm still nowhere near recovered
I think I have bad health care

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/870800216139513857

Get Buckets, Get paid Kobewade

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ammanas posted:

8 months later and I'm still nowhere near recovered
I think I have bad health care

Achilles repair is incredibly fraught and even the best surgeons can only return it to like 50% of its pre tear elasticity and strength, it might not be physically possible without stem cells and poo poo. Did you get the multi suture one or the one with sutures at the site of the tear. https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/mediaroom/pressreleaselisting/new-surgical-technique-helps-make-achilles-tendon-repairs-stronger https://www.cellmedicine.com/stem-cell-therapy/news/stem-cell-therapy/achilles-tendon/

If I were you I'd be injecting pharma grade HGH, removing anything inflammatory like sugar or bread from your diet, and praying to the Angels and doing every rehab thing as much as physically possible. Brandon Jennings can barely jump over a quarter now. The same went for Kobe. Good luck man

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

It makes me a little annoyed that this actually requires sources for the most obvious thing

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

so if GSW are the Patriots and Durant is Brady, does that make LeBron Eli Manning? makes u think

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Achilles repair is incredibly fraught and even the best surgeons can only return it to like 50% of its pre tear elasticity and strength, it might not be physically possible without stem cells and poo poo. Did you get the multi suture one or the one with sutures at the site of the tear. https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/mediaroom/pressreleaselisting/new-surgical-technique-helps-make-achilles-tendon-repairs-stronger https://www.cellmedicine.com/stem-cell-therapy/news/stem-cell-therapy/achilles-tendon/

If I were you I'd be injecting pharma grade HGH, removing anything inflammatory like sugar or bread from your diet, and praying to the Angels and doing every rehab thing as much as physically possible. Brandon Jennings can barely jump over a quarter now. The same went for Kobe. Good luck man

(Un)fortunately it's not a tear. I had a bicycle crash and the pedal slammed into the tendon. Closest diagnosis I've had is tendonosis or 'micro tears'. At first I was like wah I can't cycle or weightlift but at this point I just want to be able to walk without a sharp pain and swelling.
My podiatric surgeon was like 'cant help ya', physical therapy was like 'try calf raises'. Tried PRP site injection that did nothing.
Been doing heel drops and crying a lot as the weeks roll on

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 3, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

so if GSW are the Patriots and Durant is Brady, does that make LeBron Eli Manning? makes u think

Lebron is the patriots, as he makes the east worthless like brady does for the afc

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

It makes me a little annoyed that this actually requires sources for the most obvious thing

https://lockoutmusical.bandcamp.com/track/sources-intro

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ammanas posted:

(Un)fortunately it's not a tear. I had a bicycle crash and the pedal slammed into the tendon. Closest diagnosis I've had is tendonosis or 'micro tears'. At first I was like wah I can't cycle or weightlift but at this point I just want to be able to walk without a sharp pain and swelling.
My podiatric surgeon was like 'cant help ya', physical therapy was like 'try calf raises'. Tried PRP site injection that did nothing.
Been doing heel drops and crying a lot as the weeks roll on

That sucks man. You might want to check this out https://astym.com
http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Abstract/1998/06000/Chronic_ankle_pain_and_fibrosis__successfully.4.aspx
It's basically just someone with a piece of lexan crunching your gnarled up scar tissue so your body can heal properly

Or you could just roll it on a lacrosse ball and really crunch the munch in agony, by yourself and see what happens

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

AggressivelyStupid posted:

im now imagining a sheepish cp3 turning to pop after a difficult regular season game against the cavs and asking "is this like a western conference finals game?"

lol like pop would play his starters in the meaningless game

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Dejan Bimble posted:

People were seriously worried about him being totally ruined by an ankle a la Grant Hill, who hurt his ankle and played on the injury for a 4 game sweep against Miami and went from a top 10 NBA player to a constantly injured guy to old wily veteran role player. He probably would have been if it was 1997 and not 2011.

Didn't Hill break a bone and suffer a severe infection after the surgery, from which he never fully recovered? I remember something like that anyways, a more serious initial injury than repeated high ankle sprains and a complication that almost had to be dealt with by amputation. It was a shame because Grant Hill was a god damned baller and all around cool dude.

In any case it is 100% correct that everyone involved was worried about Curry's future, he just kept suffering the same injury over and over.

quote:

It's a coach cliche but a huge amount of defense is mindset and effort. You have to embrace the pain of screens and charges and slamming into guys who are running and jumping at full capacity, having most of your effort unrecognized, whereas on offense you get the cheers and claps if you slam into someone and get a point. Durant is even shy of non-directly-point-for-him-producing contact on offense. He always wants to fake a screen and pop for a jumper instead

We saw how great Durant could be on defense, against the warriors last year, when he was playing 4 and Roberson was playing 5. It was frightening.

KD has been pretty great on D this year. Either led the team in blocks per game or was close to it I think.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

That sucks man. You might want to check this out https://astym.com
http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Abstract/1998/06000/Chronic_ankle_pain_and_fibrosis__successfully.4.aspx
It's basically just someone with a piece of lexan crunching your gnarled up scar tissue so your body can heal properly

Or you could just roll it on a lacrosse ball and really crunch the munch in agony, by yourself and see what happens

I've tried something like this myself but had so much pain I had to stop. I'll give a local provider about it though, worth a shot. Thanks dude appreciate it

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
He's somehow managed to become both underrated on D and not nearly as good as he should be on D

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I remember the good old days when our govt banned ES cell research at the same time they were funding studies on Remote Prayer.

:dance:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Kinda hard to argue against 10+ All Star appearances and 2 rings.

Speaking of Bosh.

https://twitter.com/AlbertNahmad/status/870759709569110016

Plus apparently he can't pursue a career as a pro gamer after this either: http://compete.kotaku.com/lung-collapses-are-a-surprisingly-common-esports-injury-1795731971

That poo poo with Kanter's dad is seriously creepy.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Jack's Flow posted:

Also, I still like you, Klay. :unsmith:

Klay always contributes, just sometimes it's on defense. Love the man.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Klay going 3-13 is worth it if it completely shuts down anyone not Lebron or Irving, also Klay is still going to draw in his defender so everyone else can dunk more.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

TBeats posted:

We all know how this story ends. KD gets two rings with GSW and everyone hates him. He goes back to OKC in a few years and suddenly everyone is on his jock as he takes them to a title.

Why wouldn't he go to DC?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

E2M2 posted:

Grunfield is the GM, also Otto Porter is gonna get a max

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

maybe durant really really wants to reunite with scottie brooks

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

E2M2 posted:

cus hes bitchmade and only wants to play for teams that beat his rear end.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omPDSQ82tKM

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

gently caress kd

Michael Transactions fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 3, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
from this
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/3925295930
to feuding with Rihanna during the Finals.
http://deadspin.com/im-just-here-for-the-rihanna-kevin-durant-feud-1795753022

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Shear Modulus posted:

maybe durant really really wants to reunite with scottie brooks

That's very possible, he was really mad they let scottie go. I knew the lady who managed the frozen yogurt place they used to go to after games, and say what you will about his X-O deficiency syndrome, scottie is a real player's coach.

:namedrop::thunk:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sactown Royalty was doing a draft night trade retrospective and I was shocked to learn Marco only shot 36% from 3 for the Hornets. I thought he was on fire to start the year, did he go completely ice cold the couple of months of the season?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

WhyteRyce posted:

Sactown Royalty was doing a draft night trade retrospective and I was shocked to learn Marco only shot 36% from 3 for the Hornets. I thought he was on fire to start the year, did he go completely ice cold the couple of months of the season?

Yeah, he was shooting over 40% for the first few months. Partly just a regression to the mean, partly because Charlotte's depth was crap and the bench got awful as the injuries piled up

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

Yeah, he was shooting over 40% for the first few months. Partly just a regression to the mean, partly because Charlotte's depth was crap and the bench got awful as the injuries piled up

His final stats would look earlier similar to his time in Sacramento if he would have just cut out 1 of those terrible off-balance attempts he took a game.

Lockback owes Sacramento an apology :colbert:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rockets are planning to sign Zhou Qi this summer. Enjoy your dynasty while it lasts, Warriors, like over the next two years when he's in the G-League, and probably for years after that when he gets hurt :smugdog:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/871111030918848513

Probably Bullshit. But nothing would make me happier

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Yeah, no way the Lakers are that smart

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/871111030918848513

Probably Bullshit. But nothing would make me happier

LaVar's meltdown if he gets passed over by the Lakers would be the best moment of the draft. It would almost be as good if they trade the pick and the small market Pacers select him.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope he goes to the Magic. Not because I think he will make my team better, but I think his dad deserves that.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Eltoasto posted:

LaVar's meltdown if he gets passed over by the Lakers would be the best moment of the draft. It would almost be as good if they trade the pick and the small market Pacers select him.

Yes, please trade us Paul George for Lonzo Ball

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

TBeats posted:

I hope he goes to the Magic. Not because I think he will make my team better, but I think his dad deserves that.

Lavar is the prototypical Floridaman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

His final stats would look earlier similar to his time in Sacramento if he would have just cut out 1 of those terrible off-balance attempts he took a game.

Lockback owes Sacramento an apology :colbert:

Nobody is more disappointed in Belly Nelly than I am. He was one of my favorites from a very likeably Bulls team.

I still have irrational hope in him and he's going to explode next season for Charlotte.

• Locked thread