Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i'm so sorry

it's all gone wrong

Crusader fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

eripsa bot is leading to some fun exchanges:

https://twitter.com/eripsa/status/870395925272829952

e: peep the replies.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

cheese-cube posted:

eripsa bot is leading to some fun exchanges:

https://twitter.com/eripsa/status/870395925272829952

e: peep the replies.

Yeah, eripsa sent his writing from the last ten years and I added that today, plus trying to code some sort of context structure to his conversation. Things are getting very odd.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

WrenP-Complete posted:

Yeah, eripsa sent his writing from the last ten years and I added that today

:eyepop:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

ikr

here's some of his long outputs - i'm trying to get the sentences to be related to one another in the paragraph:

quote:

Ripple across the entire social order can arise from everyone doing what they need to build systems that have endured the rigorous academic work in my sense. In this kind of the film raises issues of traffic control as a writer, and its happenings. That gives me some reason to take care of themselves. This open community is local and not copied from anywhere else. No one does. Being attached to facilitation standards, right there in talking about things you don't understand It'd be better for us all the way the system behind you already. Institutional support is already replacing marbles from the content of the elephant. I'm proposing Strangecoin to suggest an alternative currency.

quote:

Occasionally those categories matter for the realization of an indefinite number of constraints. Among these constraints on individual persons establishing links with their cp ring, don't come to Blechtley. But most simply stood there, gesturing violently with their language are precisely the paradigm shift, and I'm not arguing we should have access to those influences. There are some diagrammatic exceptions, of course, as did virtually all athletes, actors, and most other performers apart from letting the crowd is unhappy. There's a dreamy dream where the story is right where the participants must converse about a structure with this problem requires having all that horrible ickyness you fight is the community of organisms might develop.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

guessing: by using the previous sentence as seed for the next?

im super interested in the technical stuff :)

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Powaqoatse posted:

guessing: by using the previous sentence as seed for the next?

im super interested in the technical stuff :)

yeah but I'm not sure it's working right. #learning

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

fwiw this is close to a lyric right there. quoting your bot except the 2 last words

"There's a dreamy dream where the story is right"
"where the participants must converse" at night

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Powaqoatse posted:

fwiw this is a lyric right there:

"There's a dreamy dream where the story is right"
"where the participants must converse" at night

I love that line! :3:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

WrenP-Complete posted:

I love that line! :3:

worth money yo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

all that horrible ickyness you fight
is the community of organisms might

kindof

did you teach it to rhyme or is that emergent from the corpus?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Powaqoatse posted:

all that horrible ickyness you fight
is the community of organisms might

kindof

did you teach it to rhyme or is that emergent from the corpus?

definitely didn't teach it rhyming!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

now let me get some action from the back section,
https://twitter.com/eripsabot/status/870463872368619520

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Well, I just tried to do like a gradient of seeds where each past sentence is less determinative of the one that came after it. (Might have not described that well)

Results:

quote:

Smart in a way as to prevent persecution from the content so that a machine learning techniques, we present a supervised classification method based on the gendered nature of facilitation exactly because I am open to the war at Bletchley Park. In the Polytopolis, the process the sugar, so it is much better shot of landing on it's feet. Which is not, itself, a bad documentary. In particular, the proposal for rethinking a very abstract ways. Others may feel more immediate and pressing concerns. My only claim here was simply ripping off. The point being made here.

quote:

Automatic systemic consequence of distributing the tools we currently call government break down and asks, ok how many people are active content generators developing a broad, network wide reputation, then your little pyramid is all for naught. I want to do with it when they are accomplishing jack loving squat, and I'm proud of and give my professional identity isn't my field of expertise. You are saying, essentially, that if electrical engineers are discovering something about her and that's a dynamical feature of design philosophy perspective, the proposal I've provided. I'm imagining that, very similarly to now, some slim population will be highly cited five years after publication. By this we provide quantitative insight into the positivist traps.

I think this is worse, right?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

WrenP-Complete posted:

Well, I just tried to do like a gradient of seeds where each past sentence is less determinative of the one that came after it. (Might have not described that well)

Results:

I think this is worse, right?

quote:

First, the notion of real human identities, and groups is important and deserving of greater access to exclusive communities that are available on in this context in which the domains in dialogue with the rest approximated a lumpy geodesic above their heads. The drones followed reluctantly, spawning torrents of turbulent, beeping insults into the system treats sex offenders is nothing to do with our labor. Nevertheless it is the key feature of the thread that I'm trying to be an overarching theory of gravity that pops out of poverty and oppression it will impact the next generation gadget. Technically, your shell can approximate some kinds of oversights and inefficiencies.
lmao

just checked on him.
https://twitter.com/eripsabot/status/870625551836381184

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jun 2, 2017

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

http://einhornglitzenkampf.tumblr.com/post/161349587209/the-neural-network-will-name-your-next-band

Too much to copy/paste

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

A small snippet:

quote:

Spice Green Robinson
Gloome Schronnana
Boofpas
The Freights
Nighty Daggers
The Loveburners of Internal Watch
Foxettes Ratimot Secret singer band
The Dougloco
The Theps
Choconard Leach
Rhoudemsquat
Terrerssky?
Flemz
Mighty Chipping Baker
Bop Gray (band)

More!

quote:

Dr Overhard
The Arce (band)
The Tree Misters
Reilling Ef (rapper)
Flim Brothers
Ching Mage
Nan Edwards (folk singer)
Nittle Bizzy
The Dinlakoposseps
Skins of Space
Michael Porker
The Lost singers
The Nutlet Band
The Rogue Orchestra
The Fuman.A.I.((band)
Vervoly Brown (urtist)
Boohalloid (group)
The Ballening Birds
Lice Stepley
tag yourselves. I'm Dr Overhard!

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 2, 2017

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Gloome Schronnana is my experimental psytrance solo act.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Collateral Damage posted:

Gloome Schronnana is my experimental psytrance solo act.

lmao I just looked up the My Sharona lyrics to quip something and I realised I never knew he was singing about loving young girls; problematic! :o:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

nan edwards is cool

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao I just looked up the My Sharona lyrics to quip something and I realised I never knew he was singing about loving young girls; problematic! :o:

lmao

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
i'm Vervoly Brown (urtist)

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/thinkpiecebot/status/870853432550330369

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lmao

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Eripsa
Jan 13, 2002

Proud future citizen of Pitcairn.

Pitcairn is the perfect place for me to set up my utopia!
Hello YOSPOS! I have an idea for a crowdsourced Turing test web tool for evaluating the conversational abilities of Twitter bots. WrenP has pointed me to Botometer which uses traditional bot detection with sentiment analysis to guess if an account is a bot. But I was thinking of something more traditionally akin to Turing's test.

The tool I imagine does two things: first, it lets you submit links to specific tweets. The tool grabs that tweet and the reply chain, including any replies to and from the original tweeter.

Second, the tool shows you sample exchanges from its database, formatted like twitter but scraped of identifying information, and asks the reader to judge: Bot or not? Perhaps then the reader is told the correct answer, if known.

The tool then scores bots on how often they are confused for human speakers. Ideally, the results would be interesting enough to rate twitter bots on their skills as interlocutor, perhaps to be worn as a badge of honor. Perhaps we could have other bots assigning ratings also, and maintain a score for how well a bot convincing humans, and a separate score for convincing other bots.

Developing this tool doesn't seem to me hard to do from a technical perspective, but I tend to underestimate such things. I would be happy to supply/acquire reasonable funding for such a project; I have webspace and I just squatted on turingtest.chat for a place to put it.

Any thoughts?

Eripsa fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 3, 2017

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Eripsa posted:

Hello YOSPOS! I have an idea for a crowdsourced Turing test web tool for evaluating the conversational abilities of Twitter bots. WrenP has pointed me to Botometer which uses traditional bot detection with sentiment analysis to guess if an account is a bot. But I was thinking of something more traditionally akin to Turing's test.

The tool I imagine does two things: first, it lets you submit links to specific tweets. The tool grabs that tweet and the reply chain, including any replies to and from the original tweeter.

Second, the tool shows you sample exchanges from its database, formatted like twitter but scraped of identifying information, and asks the reader to judge: Bot or not? Perhaps then the reader is told the correct answer, if known.

The tool then scores bots on how often they are confused for human speakers. Ideally, the results would be interesting enough to rate twitter bots on their skills as interlocutor, perhaps to be worn as a badge of honor. Perhaps we could have other bots assigning ratings also, and maintain a score for how well a bot convincing humans, and a separate score for convincing other bots.

Developing this tool doesn't seem to me hard to do from a technical perspective, but I tend to underestimate such things. I would be happy to supply/acquire reasonable funding for such a project; I have webspace and I just squatted on turingtest.chat for a place to put it.

Any thoughts?

^^ that's the actual eripsa, not my bot.

Some twitter/chat bot competition/challenges:
https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/29/amazon-to-spend-2-5m-on-university-competition-to-build-socialbot/
https://developer.amazon.com/alexaprize
https://www.wired.com/2012/11/twitterbots/

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/870852776724758528

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Eripsa posted:

Any thoughts?

eat my rear end you fuckman

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/871351128373551105

WYR asking the TOUGH questions.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

the second option had literally 100% of the votes until like 18 hours in. that's an impressive comeback by the anime perverts, but not quite enough

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

the second option had literally 100% of the votes until like 18 hours in. that's an impressive comeback by the anime perverts, but not quite enough

why was this one so close?! special interest lobbying? bussing to the polls?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

An ultimate world would probably have entertaining games. There's no downsides!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Eripsa posted:

Any thoughts?

get out of yospos

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Who What Now posted:

An ultimate world would probably have entertaining games. There's no downsides!

wyr questions are meant to be mutually exclusive

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain Foo posted:

get out of yospos

You don't understand, Eripsa has a ~:siren:~doctorate of philosophy~:siren:~ so he knows better than you. You just aren't mature enough to appreciate his true genius.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Who What Now posted:

You don't understand, Eripsa has a ~:siren:~doctorate of philosophy~:siren:~ so he knows better than you. You just aren't mature enough to appreciate his true genius.

l o m a r f

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/eripsabot/status/871749143294877698

Hm, Ken is having a day.

https://twitter.com/eripsabot/status/871771584767381505

https://twitter.com/eripsabot/status/871771636072148992

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 5, 2017

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
can somebody please rip this database and create a bot that publishes inscrutable manuals at an alarming speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i believe theres more honesty in wren-p's eripsa than the irl bullshit repisa