Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Medullah posted:

I see no need for Punisher to kill any cops. He already has shown in Netflix verse that he has a similar code. The cops would have to be REALLY dirty.

Though I seem to remember a storyline where he killed an undercover cop thinking he was a standard mobster and that caused the police to turn on him...but that might just be fan fiction in my mind.

That happened in the movie Punisher: War Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Re: Arrow season four: I've gotten to the Legends of Tomorrow set-up crossover episodes and one thing that strikes me is how Vandal Savage might have been an okay villain for Arrow (a bit too similar to Ra's al Ghul, obviously) even if it was a wee bit ridiculous trying to take him seriously as a legitimate threat to an entire team which included a nuclear-powered superman and a guy with a suit of bullet-proof flying battle armour that could shoot laser beams.

On the whole, though, I think Arrow did a somewhat better job of setting up LoT with bringing Sara and Ray back than Flash did in its half.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Medullah posted:

I see no need for Punisher to kill any cops. He already has shown in Netflix verse that he has a similar code. The cops would have to be REALLY dirty.

An unthinkable suggestion, to be sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Re: Arrow season four: I've gotten to the Legends of Tomorrow set-up crossover episodes and one thing that strikes me is how Vandal Savage might have been an okay villain for Arrow (a bit too similar to Ra's al Ghul, obviously) even if it was a wee bit ridiculous trying to take him seriously as a legitimate threat to an entire team which included a nuclear-powered superman and a guy with a suit of bullet-proof flying battle armour that could shoot laser beams.

On the whole, though, I think Arrow did a somewhat better job of setting up LoT with bringing Sara and Ray back than Flash did in its half.

Sara and Ray were around an entire season and it made sense for the show to bring them back even if LoT wasn't happening.

Firestorm was just oops, need another Firestorm.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

pubic works project posted:

That happened in the movie Punisher: War Zone.

Ah. I actually liked that movie, though the only thing that I can still remember is, of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0bmCPFsi8

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Sara and Ray were around an entire season and it made sense for the show to bring them back even if LoT wasn't happening.

Firestorm was just oops, need another Firestorm.

Sure, yeah. One other thing: I had completely forgotten how creepy Hawkman comes off in the Arrowverse.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sure, yeah. One other thing: I had completely forgotten how creepy Hawkman comes off in the Arrowverse.

It was the same in JSA and his series until someone told him to knock it the gently caress off and give her room.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'm also a little closer to understanding why people were complaining about Arrow season four being less "Arrow" and more "The Felicity Smoak and Friends Show". :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They definitely slowed things down a little with her in season five.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

It was the same in JSA and his series until someone told him to knock it the gently caress off and give her room.

He decided to do that himself actually and started dating someone else in the Johns Hawkman series. This actually made Kendra jealous but Johns didn't really resolve it and the following writers just hacked things up until Blackest Night where Johns just tossed everything out the window and had Kendra die and be reborn as Shayera.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The physics nerd in me always hated Hawkpeople. I'm not a DC fan so I'm sure it's been explained, but flying at low altitudes without rapidly flapping their wings is very frustrating.

I, of course, have zero issues with Superman and Firestorms flying.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Medullah posted:

The physics nerd in me always hated Hawkpeople. I'm not a DC fan so I'm sure it's been explained, but flying at low altitudes without rapidly flapping their wings is very frustrating.

But there is an answer. It is comic book science.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Medullah posted:

Their wings aren't what make them fly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Their wings aren't what make them fly.

Sometimes they are.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I didn't finish LoT season one and I'm not gonna, so what happened to the hawk people?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

I didn't finish LoT season one and I'm not gonna, so what happened to the hawk people?

Hawkman dies like halfway through the season and Hawkgirl starts boning Atom. I forget what happened to her at the end of the season, tho.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Hawkman dies like halfway through the season and Hawkgirl starts boning Atom. I forget what happened to her at the end of the season, tho.

They run across another Hawkman later in the timeline who has been brainwashed by Savage to mess with them. They fix the brainwashing (which is weird because they all seem really emotionally invested in a guy they hardly knew (and who technically, none of them have even met in this iteration). At the end the Hawks fly off together because they're so happy in a Savage-free world, thank God. They never address how this has to ruin their timeline, since there must be a Hawkgirl in the future who is going to die sad and alone (they meet a past Hawkgirl who makes it very explicit that no matter how in love she may be with Atom/another guy, she'll never be as happy as with Hawkman)

God LoT season 1 was such poo poo. I'll never forgive them for killing Captain Cold aka the best character in the entire Arrowverse.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 3, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

And that person, was Batman.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

TwoPair posted:

They run across another Hawkman later in the timeline who has been brainwashed by Savage to mess with them. They fix the brainwashing (which is weird because they all seem really emotionally invested in a guy they hardly knew (and who technically, none of them have even met in this iteration). At the end the Hawks fly off together because they're so happy in a Savage-free world, thank God. They never address how this has to ruin their timeline, since there must be a Hawkgirl in the future who is going to die sad and alone (they meet a past Hawkgirl who makes it very explicit that no matter how in love she may be with Atom/another guy, she'll never be as happy as with Hawkman)

God LoT season 1 was such poo poo. I'll never forgive them for killing Captain Cold aka the best character in the entire Arrowverse.

Whoah what's this now? Was thinking of giving the second season a shot but this puts a wrench into things.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Shageletic posted:

Whoah what's this now? Was thinking of giving the second season a shot but this puts a wrench into things.

Captain Cold gets a heroic sacrificial death at the end of Season 1. He's still around in Season 2 because, you know, time travel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's not main cast anymore though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/gerryconway/status/835276421534629888

:master:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

He's not main cast anymore though.

Mostly because they still wanted him to be able to be on Flash too.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gaz-L posted:

Mostly because they still wanted him to be able to be on Flash too.

Yeah didn't he pop up in the episode with Mirror Master or was that a flashback with him?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was a flashback, and in a more recent episode Barry time traveled to get his help or something.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

It was a flashback, and in a more recent episode Barry time traveled to get his help or something.

Ah okay. I only half-assed watched the first few episodes of season 3. I'll probably marathon it to get it out of the way.

I keep on hoping for some major Rogues event like Rogue War or something like Blacksmith and the newer Rogues against Cold and the originals. Maybe something like that happened this season, but it seemed like everything was focused on another drat speedster in Savitar.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pretty striking difference between seasons 1 and 2 of Supergirl. As in, I don't hate s2 so far.

Watching a CGI white martian fight a CGI green martian in the sky, I thought "Somebody thought this show would work on CBS?"

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

pubic works project posted:

Yeah didn't he pop up in the episode with Mirror Master or was that a flashback with him?

He and Barrowman have a special contract that allows them to appear in all the Arrowverse shows without the usual complicated guest star contract negotiations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Decius posted:

He and Barrowman have a special contract that allows them to appear in all the Arrowverse shows without the usual complicated guest star contract negotiations.

related, I believe Barrowman's was only for this season and he's stated there is no plan for him in the Arrowverse next season.

I'll believe that when I see it, but that's what's being passed around the net.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It's got some substance though, considering that Barrowman himself straight up said he was done with the Arrowverse

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Scyantific posted:

It's got some substance though, considering that Barrowman himself straight up said he was done with the Arrowverse

So did Manu

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Manu's somewhat insane though

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Has anyone seen the Locke & Key pilot from 2011? Was that ever released?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Has anyone seen the Locke & Key pilot from 2011? Was that ever released?

It was shown at WizardWorld Chicago in 2014? They stopped it 10 minutes in and berated two guys for recording it with their phones and then refused to show the rest.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

S2 Supergirl: There's tons of aliens everywhere now, are they all meant to be Ft Rozz ex-cons or just immgrants?

Also, I dunno what changes they made in showrunning and writing, but everything is vastly improved. The dialogue is better, the plots are tighter, just a total upgrade (so far)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

zoux posted:

S2 Supergirl: There's tons of aliens everywhere now, are they all meant to be Ft Rozz ex-cons or just immgrants?

Also, I dunno what changes they made in showrunning and writing, but everything is vastly improved. The dialogue is better, the plots are tighter, just a total upgrade (so far)

Most are explained as refugees though I don't remember them ever explaining why Earth was the place they chose to go to.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Most of them are immigrants. Apparently Earth is a sort of haven for oppressed aliens trying to escape the violence and poverty and whatnot of their home planets.

(it's a metaphor you see)

ToastyPotato posted:

though I don't remember them ever explaining why Earth was the place they chose to go to.
I'm putting it down to ice cream.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Most of them are immigrants. Apparently Earth is a sort of haven for oppressed aliens trying to escape the violence and poverty and whatnot of their home planets.

(it's a metaphor you see)
I'm putting it down to ice cream.

Yeah I felt real sad when I realized all the talk about the woman prez came from episodes written before the election.

"How did anyone vote for that other guy" :smith:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

zoux posted:

I was rewatching the second episode of season 2 today and goddamn if Superman and Martian Manhunter teaming up to fight (a) Metallo isn't awesome I don't know what is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Not exactly comics, but Misfits is getting a US remake.