Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Powaqoatse posted:

i wonder what the greatest mystery is supposed to be. kinda sounds like the christ/blood book dan brown ripped off?

the other possibility i guess is that its literally jesus' hand print on the cover there

Yeah, that poster tries to trick you into thinking the film is interesting. This one is more representative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Well, I'm sold! :eyepop:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

And More posted:

Yeah, that poster tries to trick you into thinking the film is interesting. This one is more representative:

Some random guy decides to solve the great mystery of Jesus Christ.

Pros: The Bible, Shroud of Turin
Cons: history

God is dead - Dead Sea - Dead for 3 days

Holy poo poo, let's really think this one through, it's time to make some phonecalls.

Also the random guy looks like Jesus Christ so he's Jesus Christ.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Palpek posted:

Also the random guy looks like Jesus Christ so he's Jesus Christ.

That's absolutely why they gave him that haircut. The actual guy looks like this:

Oh yeah, it's based on a true story. Bet you didn't know that. :smug:

And More fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jun 2, 2017

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Powaqoatse posted:

i wonder what the greatest mystery is supposed to be. kinda sounds like the christ/blood book dan brown ripped off?

Nah it's just one of these weird things where they take a nonfiction book -- as in, not a story at all, but basically a large essay -- and turn it into a "one man's journey" movie somehow.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I remember watching the documentary version of that film for religion class in junior year of high school. It's just one of those proselytizing pieces that takes a fringe argument ("there was no historical Christ"), plots out all the circumstantial evidence for the actual mainstream historical consensus ("there was obviously some dude name Jesus who was called Christ"), and conflates this with the religious perspective which had nothing to do with the historical perspective in the first place ("Christ is Lord and there's a secular conspiracy to repress DA TRUFF").

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Recently watched Wild Wild West and can't stop thinking about Branagh's seemingly endless uncomfortable racist jokes aimed at Will Smith.

Though to be fair Branagh's racist Joker Foghorn Leghorn is the best part of that film.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

The Minions join the Russian Special Forces? Ballsy.

"Gru" is the norwegian word for "scary", which makes it a fitting name for the soviet intelligence directory.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Those are pretty clever. I think the badge kinda ruins it. The "cut" diagram is nice on it's own.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And More posted:

That's absolutely why they gave him that haircut. The actual guy looks like this:

Oh yeah, it's based on a true story. Bet you didn't know that. :smug:

IIRC the movie is a period piece and that looks like a recent picture of the guy.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Damned immortal elves ruining the meta-plot!

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC the movie is a period piece and that looks like a recent picture of the guy.

You're right. I think that might be him:

Actually pretty accurate. Man, the 1990s were a wild time.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

BonoMan posted:

Those are pretty clever. I think the badge kinda ruins it. The "cut" diagram is nice on it's own.

It is, at least, a welcome variation on the FACE & DESCRIPTIVE TEXT posters.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Good, that's a great movie.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This is what it smells like
When doves fry

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ccubed posted:

Damned immortal elves ruining the meta-plot!

Since I don't think anyone else got this, I'd just like to say I did and I appreciated the joke.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Redbelt rules but those posters are beyond awful.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

C3P-O at the leather club.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I assume Optimus' inevitable poster will say "gently caress poo poo UP IN THE FACE"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Two more.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What's everyone looking at?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like that half of the character posters for the giant robot movie are nobody humans that they think people still care about.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Not dynamic enough! Rotate him a little! (check the legs)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ahahahaha holy gently caress.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Fayez Butts posted:

Not dynamic enough! Rotate him a little! (check the legs)
You should've seen it before the lens flare. Boooooooooooooorrrrrring.

Also totally didn't notice that. Thats bad.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I've never seen a Transformers movie and I understand that they're garbage but those posters make me really want to know what's going on.

Is it like, in the past now? Why do they have swords?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

joedevola posted:

I've never seen a Transformers movie and I understand that they're garbage but those posters make me really want to know what's going on.

Is it like, in the past now? Why do they have swords?

Optimus Prime has gone bad and the Earth is about to get eaten. The key to saving everything might lie with Excalibur and Merlin's magic, both of which came from Cybertron. Turns out Transformers have always been around on Earth, forming the Knights of The Round Table with King Arthur and fighting Nazis. Also there's going to be a movie set in Ancient Rome.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The MSJ posted:

Optimus Prime has gone bad and the Earth is about to get eaten. The key to saving everything might lie with Excalibur and Merlin's magic, both of which came from Cybertron. Turns out Transformers have always been around on Earth, forming the Knights of The Round Table with King Arthur and fighting Nazis. Also there's going to be a movie set in Ancient Rome.

An actual not actual quote from Michael Bay: "If they think these movies are so hard to understand the story of, then imagine what will happen if I just try to make three movies at once and shove them all together"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

That's just his costume from Westworld. It even has the same loving chain. Like, you're not even trying.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
boy with these movie posters its just like one piece of crap after another you guys

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Transformers takes place in the Westworld universe, eh?

Well now i've GOTTA see it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So is Marky Mark a secret human transformer or what? I haven't seen any of them since like the Rifftrax for the second one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No he's just a regular guy who used to have a daughter who is no longer willing to do Transformer movies.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

An actual not actual quote from Michael Bay: "If they think these movies are so hard to understand the story of, then imagine what will happen if I just try to make three movies at once and shove them all together"

This is sort of what they did. They hired like a dozen writers, and told them to write screenplays based on different eras, guided by Transformers loremasters. Bay took a King Arthur Transformers movie by the Black Hawk Down guy and a WW2 movie by the Iron Man 1 guys and merged it with a story about the creator of the Transformers. They took a screenplay set in the 1980s and make it into a Bumblebee movie that is releasing next year, and there's also going to be an animated prequel set millions of years ago on Cybertron.

Aphrodite posted:

No he's just a regular guy who used to have a daughter who is no longer willing to do Transformer movies.

They just gave him a younger, smarter, tougher, and more Latina daughter.

Guy Mann posted:

That's just his costume from Westworld. It even has the same loving chain. Like, you're not even trying.

I really hope this is intentional, whether as a reference or Hopkins just insisting he wears the same thing.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Light Gun Man posted:

So is Marky Mark a secret human transformer or what? I haven't seen any of them since like the Rifftrax for the second one.

Nope, he is (possible Transformers 5 leaked info) a descendant of King Arthur.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

Nope, he is (possible Transformers 5 leaked info) a descendant of King Arthur.

He's the title character, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I don't even know if you all are being serious anymore, I think I've put more thought into my old playsets.