Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Policies right now:

paragon1 posted:

Once again, I propose The Army Expansion Act, that we construct barracks and regimental camps in many provinces so as to increase the troops available to the army.

paragon1, RZApublican, TildeATH, Yvonmukluk, everydayfalls, Technowolf.

Archaeology Hat posted:

I propose a motion to Build Lots of Castles - stating that the Sultan be given a mandate to build as many forts and castles as it takes to properly secure the territories of Al Andalus against invaders.

Archaeology Hat.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I propose that we Centralize the Government, as in move our capital to the center of Iberia, Toledo. We cant lead from the bottom forever from the easily raid-able and recently burnt down current capital.

Ralepozozaxe.

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Naval Reconstitution Act: Bring our navy back up to its former strength as soon as possible, then expand it as feasible until it can beat France's navy.

GunnerJ, Talas.

Soup du Jour posted:

Bringing back my proposal from last time, mandating at least one Weapons Manufactory built, with more as money permits. This should be a period of consolidation, and increasing our cash flow and showing off our infrastructure is an excellent way to do so. Plus, it gets us ahead of the game for manufactories.

Soup du Jour.

---

Proposed coalitions:

none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Proposing the Almoravid Aggression Act: As soon as our manpower recovers, declare war on Morocco with the aim of taking the Caribbean and, if the war score allows, the provinces on the strait of Gibraltar, starting with Tangiers and Ceuta. The Sultan is free to choose the time and define what is a satifsying amount of manpower

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Frionnel posted:

Proposing the Almoravid Aggression Act: As soon as our manpower recovers, declare war on Morocco with the aim of taking the Caribbean and, if the war score allows, the provinces on the strait of Gibraltar, starting with Tangiers and Ceuta. The Sultan is free to choose the time and define what is a satifsying amount of manpower

I fully support this.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Frionnel posted:

Supporting

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I propose that we Centralize the Government, as in move our capital to the center of Iberia, Toledo. We cant lead from the bottom forever from the easily raid-able and recently burnt down current capital.

I, Slaan Al-Andalusi, support this measure. Cadiz has long been our capital, but it has outlived its relevance. We must now govern as God wills, and the best way to govern well is to govern centrally and in peace.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Naval Reconstitution Act: Bring our navy back up to its former strength as soon as possible, then expand it as feasible until it can beat France's navy.

I support this. A wise man can hear profit in the wind, and our sails will be full of that same wind.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

I, Qaptin Al-Blivious, propose that we move the capital to Tulaytullah, and take steps to develop it further as befitting its status as the City of Sultans!

We cannot govern from a position of weakness, and while Cadiz will always be in our hearts as the birthplace of the Jizrunids, may Allah bless them, Tulaytullah is the city befitting the times.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

I, Sheikha Rabab bint Rabab al-Majnun, propose the Western Muslim Brotherhood Act: Let us try to mend relations with the Almorovids as much as possible. Our mighty victories have cost us huge amounts of money (oh, and people I guess), and the last thing we need is another expensive war. If we must go to war, it should be with the vulnerable Christians, or even with this so-called caliphate in the East that dares to demand our allegiance. We have centuries of friendship with Morocco--we should not throw that away after one king made a foolish decision.

In addition to my faction members, I encourage other factions, especially the Ulema, to support this act in a coalition vote.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

GunnerJ posted:

Supporting this, especially if it gives up new trade ships.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Frionnel posted:

What are you thiiiiinking? We don't even have Iberia subjugated. We have no navy to prevent them from screwing us over colonially. Why do we have this massive hard-on to self-harm by invading Morocco all the sudden?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Viola the Mad posted:

I, Sheikha Rabab bint Rabab al-Majnun, propose the Western Muslim Brotherhood Act: Let us try to mend relations with the Almorovids as much as possible. Our mighty victories have cost us huge amounts of money (oh, and people I guess), and the last thing we need is another expensive war. If we must go to war, it should be with the vulnerable Christians, or even with this so-called caliphate in the East that dares to demand our allegiance. We have centuries of friendship with Morocco--we should not throw that away after one king made a foolish decision.

In addition to my faction members, I encourage other factions, especially the Ulema, to support this act in a coalition vote.

I kinda like the thought here but I feel like the die is cast.

eta: Maybe the Ulema could just pick this one up.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Almoravids will pay their due but I actually agree that we're forgetting our priorities. Draft legislation is inbound to rectify this!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

TildeATH posted:

What are you thiiiiinking? We don't even have Iberia subjugated. We have no navy to prevent them from screwing us over colonially. Why do we have this massive hard-on to self-harm by invading Morocco all the sudden?

Some people just hate winning.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

TildeATH posted:

Our navy is being rebuilt, the act gives power to the sultan to wait until then. At some point we have to start dealing with the powers around us or we're resigned to be small.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
e: support withdrawn

Mountaineer fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 4, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I sincerely hope the Celts rebuild fast enough to jam the knife home now that we've beaten the everloving poo poo out of the French.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Soup du Jour posted:

Bringing back my proposal from last time, mandating at least one Weapons Manufactory built, with more as money permits. This should be a period of consolidation, and increasing our cash flow and showing off our infrastructure is an excellent way to do so. Plus, it gets us ahead of the game for manufactories.

I support this.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Frionnel posted:

Our navy is being rebuilt, the act gives power to the sultan to wait until then. At some point we have to start dealing with the powers around us or we're resigned to be small.

We hold most of Iberia and much of the Caribbean, you shortsighted imbecile! We will be resigned to be small when petty fools like you call for endless wars for the sake of your mad bloodlust, rather than taking advantage of peace to make ready. Do not abdicate your responsibilty by claiming you defer to the Sultan. You push for war upon our fellow Muslims - in the New World, no less - when we are surrounded by enemies! Our very capital was burned, and yet you still clamour for blood...

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

We hold most of Iberia and much of the Caribbean, you shortsighted imbecile! We will be resigned to be small when petty fools like you call for endless wars for the sake of your mad bloodlust, rather than taking advantage of peace to make ready. Do not abdicate your responsibilty by claiming you defer to the Sultan. You push for war upon our fellow Muslims - in the New World, no less - when we are surrounded by enemies! Our very capital was burned, and yet you still clamour for blood...

What did "fellow muslims" mean to Morocco when they allied with nothing short of an existential threat to Al-Andalus? Your sentiments are not shared you fool and the naivete of it will doom us all!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

It's not really worth getting worked up over war with Morocco or whatever as long as we keep plugging away at New World domination. Worse comes to worse we can pull a Brazil for a while.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

It's not really worth getting worked up over war with Morocco or whatever as long as we keep plugging away at New World domination. Worse comes to worse we can pull a Brazil for a while.

But the borders

The borders!

They have part of the Carribean that is rightfully ours!

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

I propose that we renew the old alliance with Morocco. Let's not allow petty disputes to blind our good judgment. We stand the risk of becoming isolated from the rest of the Muslim world thanks to the so-called Caliph in Armenia, an alliance with Morocco will be good insurance against that.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I should note that it was our sultan who gave the middle minaret to the Armenians, even as they take back the holy land.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Viola the Mad posted:

I give cross-bench support from the Ulema for this proposal.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I should note that it was our sultan who gave the middle minaret to the Armenians, even as they take back the holy land.

I mean, it was that our basically become a vassal looked like.

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016

Proposing The Coming Storm Act: Mandating that we spend the time we need to in order to recoup our military force(Land & Naval) and manpower up to pre-war levels, and prepare for the inevitable powder keg that is Europe to Ignite. When the conflict breaks out we should declare war on France in an endeavor to further Cripple France's ability to war with Al-Andalus.

Reasoning:
- We Beat France once but I highly doubt that we'll be able to do it again if they get better allies (Like the Almoravids)
- We want to avoid any Military adventures until it can do the most good for the Sultanate
- France Is going to Start Colonizing eventually, the fewer resources they have at home means the less they have to do so.
- We probably won't get a better opportunity to kick France in the Teeth
- I'm pretty sure the King of France said something rude about your mother

edit: Also as an Aside What the hell was the Al-Andalus Navy doing up in the Channel?

Mr_Autoshades fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 4, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Captain Oblivious posted:

What did "fellow muslims" mean to Morocco when they allied with nothing short of an existential threat to Al-Andalus? Your sentiments are not shared you fool and the naivete of it will doom us all!

Apparently a lot since they offered to renew the alliance, but fools have decided that one existential threat isn't enough. No, we need two!

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Mr_Autoshades posted:

edit: Also as an Aside What the hell was the Al-Andalus Navy doing up in the Channel?

I would assume probably trying to blockade coastal forts.

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012

I propose the Crown Lands Act, with this act, all territory governed by the Nobility, Merchants, and the Church shall be evaluated and those that would help His Majesty in this time of internal strife shall be taken from those estates.

Basically bring down land controlled by the estates to the minimum cap.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

GunnerJ posted:

I support this proposal. After all, how our we to conduct trade without ships and secure routes?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Mr_Autoshades posted:

Proposing The Coming Storm Act: Mandating that we spend the time we need to in order to recoup our military force(Land & Naval) and manpower up to pre-war levels, and prepare for the inevitable powder keg that is Europe to Ignite. When the conflict breaks out we should declare war on France in an endeavor to further Cripple France's ability to war with Al-Andalus.

Reasoning:
- We Beat France once but I highly doubt that we'll be able to do it again if they get better allies (Like the Almoravids)
- We want to avoid any Military adventures until it can do the most good for the Sultanate
- France Is going to Start Colonizing eventually, the fewer resources they have at home means the less they have to do so.

I back this proposal. We want war, but we want war to be as much in our favour as possible, and if we rush in before we've fully recovered, it'll be disaster. Play it safe, play it smart.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Mr_Autoshades posted:

Reasoning:

I, Lutfi al-Uthman of the New Taifas, joyously endorse this proposal! It is good to see some common sense amongst my Taifa brethren for once.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

So, we either invade Morocco or France this session. Though i obviously prefer mine, i'm fine with either proposal winning.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Whatever we do, can we please expand the army?

I just want more soldiers for our Sultan. :qq:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Your act is winning at the moment, and i wish to see it passed. If we risk having two war motions winning, then i'll remove mine.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

I propose a continued Coalition between the Ulama and the Loyalists in order to support the Rebel Suppression Act. This coalition is also open to the other factions should they wish it, because all of us were wronged, all of us were egregiously harmed in the Sacking of Qadis and the despoilment of our own chamber!

My fellow Majils, most pious Mullahs and Imams, most diligent supporters of the noble Jizrunid line, This is what happens when we let the Dhimmi keep their misguided ways unchecked. We must bring them into the light of Islam, or the foul curse of Seperatism will undo all that we have accomplished in Allah's name, setting back our military progress and pillaging the lifeblood of trade in our capital. Never again! Never again can we allow Christian fanatics to put all that we have worked for to the torch, never again can we allow Castilians or Leonese or Portuguese who adhere to one of the splintered branches of the Christian apostasy to ruin our blessed Andalus!

I propose this Coalition act because the work we do is vital. To prevent rebellion, we must bring in our fellow Andalusi as true Brothers, not mere Dhimmi, but united in submission to Allah and obedience to our rightful Sultan. We are precluded from doing this on our own.

The Rebel Suppression Act: Any Christian region that has rebelled against the Sultan must be slated for Conversion as a priority. In addition, we must seek to improve relations with our Muslim neighbours and overseas brethren so that we are free to avenge our naval losses against France and be ready to sack Paris again if they try anything.

The path to victory can only be seen in the light of Islam. Forgetting that cost us the heart of Qadis. There will be yet more rebellions until we fully convert the Dhimmi into true and loyal Andalusi, but it is work that we must seek to accomplish. Dereliction of this duty leads us to desolation.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

While I am definitely in favour of the Rebel Suppression Act, I feel it is more urgent that we stop the madmen in the Taifas from invading the Almoravids.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

paragon1 posted:

lol

Once again, I propose The Army Expansion Act, that we construct barracks and regimental camps in many provinces so as to increase the troops available to the army.

I support this.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Mr_Autoshades posted:

Reasoning:

Supporting this, as we need to be ready to make the final push when the time comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

The Lone Badger posted:

While I am definitely in favour of the Rebel Suppression Act, I feel it is more urgent that we stop the madmen in the Taifas from invading the Almoravids.

Seeking to improve relations covers that: The imperative leads away from impulsive war with those with whom we share our faith. We have not claimed all of Al-Andalus from the Christians, nor our rightful island holdings in the Mediterranean.