Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I had a pretty good escape attempt from Jason the other day (key word "attempt", I got murdered) dropping two firecrackers to distract him twice in a row, then leaping through a window, then setting a trap at the door so when Jason broke down the door he got stuck, then leaping out through another window which destroyed my health and my fear spiked. Then Jason ran around the cabin so I made a last stand and charged him and swung my bat. That actually knocked him down but by this point I was fatigued, limping and my screen was tunnel vision. Jason got back up so I went to charge him again (no hope) and he just swung his axe and killed me. I was applauded in chat for my desperation.

I should mention I was the last one, we were nowhere near close to escaping so I was dead anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Does leaping through and open window effect health like busting through one does?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Coffee And Pie posted:

Does leaping through and open window effect health like busting through one does?

I don't think so. Just broken ones.

Does climbing slowly through a broken window hurt you? It didn't seem like it did.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think so. Just broken ones.

Does climbing slowly through a broken window hurt you? It didn't seem like it did.

Definitely killed myself climbing through a broken window

You can test it by seeing if there is any blood on a fully healed counselor after doing it. It seems like its a very small amount of damage but it does do damage

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Window suicide buddies! :buddy:

It was funny because Deb clambered through the window, stood up straight and a second later squealed before falling down dead.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Yeah, that worked great on me last night. :bigtran:

Well you did hunt me down right from the beginning.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Game owns.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Timing out from games left and right on PS4 - guess I'm just going to wait for the patch and hope it fixes things

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Ever since they announced that open region thing in the PS4 matchmaking wait times went to complete poo poo for me. Wanted to see how long the timer would climb to before it found a game while doing other stuff around the house and it hit 56 minutes only to put me into a lobby with terrible ping and then the host quit. Wah.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Anyone successfully pull off a phone fuse box environmental kill? I tried it after seeing a guy mess it up, his victim kept breaking free and he was getting stunned. I had the same problem. The fuse box was fixed in my case, and the guy I was going to kill was critically injured. When I clicked on it with him gripped, he took damage and died, meanwhile I was stunned. There was no animation. The death was 'murdered', like when you attack them dead.

Either the fuse box kill doesn't work, or the box needs to be broken, or it's working as intended and it's just a source of minor damage on the victim and a self-stun for Jason.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
When you kill Jason do all the living survivors get the trophy or just whoever lands the killing blow?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Everyone.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Sorry to the goons who kept sending me invites and having me not join last night on xbone. I kept getting in full games with a group of friends and didn't want to leave them.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

E.G.G.S. posted:

Ever since they announced that open region thing in the PS4 matchmaking wait times went to complete poo poo for me. Wanted to see how long the timer would climb to before it found a game while doing other stuff around the house and it hit 56 minutes only to put me into a lobby with terrible ping and then the host quit. Wah.

Yeah, I can second this. I spent like an hour last night trying to link up a game for a party of 3. I don't understand why the game wouldn't just go "oh, you already have three" and open a new lobby with one of us hosting.

It actually went faster when we disbanded, queued individually, and invited the other two when one of us got a lobby. They really need to sort this thing out.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

So in my experience Jason is invulnerable every time he's knocked out of a grab with a pocket knife or other means until he takes another action, usually a grab. Until then he's free to walk around and your hits bounce off him like he's stunned.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Goon Tales The Burk's Revenging

So there's an interesting meta game going on whenever Duster is around. Duster has made it his mission to try and kill Jason every single match we're in, to the point where it gets me killed more than not because I am overwhelmed by wanting to help try and do it.

So this last round of games, I never got out alive. Except for one time. One, special, time.

Last Dancer the other night was a broken man. Broken by fear, of a murderous mob out to get his blood.

I was his sole friend and pleaded for peace. I was ignored. Today, I was no longer ignored.

The primary players of this tale in particular are Duster, Myself, and Tinfoil. I spawned in as Bag Head Jason, and got lucky on killing Tinfoil pretty early on. Only that turned out to be my mistake, as after I killed another dude or two, he returned as Tommy.

Duster, of course, was already on his job. His job being finding my house and getting my mother's sweater. I knew how that would go, and slowed him down slightly with traps, but he got ahold of it anyways. I left a small group escape in a car while dealing with this, because if I let him get set up where he wanted, I would be dead. Bag Head Jason is easily the weakest Jason of the group and the easiest to kill. And he had Tinfoil as back up, as Jason.

There was also a pubbie 12 year old who did dick all to help but did flip the car and was an idiot about how cause and effect works. More on him later.

So I get into a fight with the two of them outside my house, everyone else either gone, useless, or dead. They get the sweater stun effect off, and I mash the resist button. I get it full right as Duster gets me on my knees, saving my life and glitching out Tinfoil. I kill Duster, unglitch Tinfoil, kill the Pubbie who flipped the car and was stuck, and then go back up and kill Tinfoil.

I avenged you LastDancer.

I avenged you.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Stanley Pain posted:

Quick matches are on dedicated servers.

Where did you read that? I think that's pretty demonstrably untrue. It always specifically shows one person with no ping. That's because it's peer to peer and that person is the host. Getting kicked always happens when one specific person dies. It's happened when I was in a party and we did a quick match. It wasn't just me that got kicked from the game when the host died, as was obvious from the simultaneous "what the gently caress" in my ear.

The only thing done server side is matchmaking.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I also think it's P2P given the huge range in pings I get.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Best part of waiting 30-60 minutes quickmatching is when you finally get in and the Jason is colluding with a counselor(s) and ruins the game.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

If you are a child and are playing this game, please don't talk. Or don't play the game. This game is for adults who do sex and drugs and stuff.

Also I'm sorry for my bad Tommy-ing and failing to kill Jason.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

I also think it's P2P given the huge range in pings I get.

Yea, I'm European and I'm regularly getting Americans and Japanese players in my games.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sticky Nate posted:

If you are a child and are playing this game, please don't talk. Or don't play the game. This game is for adults who do sex and drugs and stuff.

Also I'm sorry for my bad Tommy-ing and failing to kill Jason.

Seriously.

The thing is, the kid was pretty good at juking Jason, or at least had a lot of good luck.

But that couldn't be it, no. It wasn't that he was good, it was that Tinfoil, who was Jason at time, was 'retarded'.

For the record Tinfoil dealt with his poo poo, and everyone else, and Duster trying to kill him and almost pulling it off, and killed EVERYONE with literally 13 seconds left on the clock. The little shithead was the one who gave him the hardest time running around, partly because Duster was going all in on his end, but he kept saying that if he was the last one up, Jason never would have caught him. Despite the fact that Tinfoil absolutely did catch him, and more over, killed literally everyone.

Pubbies, never even once.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Killing Jason is so rewarding just because how buggy it is. We've manage to knock Jason to his knees several times but he gets up from e spam or because Tommy bugs out.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

...! posted:

Where did you read that? I think that's pretty demonstrably untrue. It always specifically shows one person with no ping. That's because it's peer to peer and that person is the host. Getting kicked always happens when one specific person dies. It's happened when I was in a party and we did a quick match. It wasn't just me that got kicked from the game when the host died, as was obvious from the simultaneous "what the gently caress" in my ear.

The only thing done server side is matchmaking.

Straight from the devs.

Custom games are P2P, quick match is dedicated servers. At least that's the case for PC.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHV4PmDyglc

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Step 1: A Female Counselor retrieves the sweater from Jason's mother's shrine.

Step 2: Remove Jason's Mask via face pummeling.

Step 3: Have Tommy Jarvis pick up the Mask.

Step 4: Female Counselor presses Q in Proximity of Jason.

Step 5: Female Counselor hits Jason (Ideally a Headshot).

Step 6: Jason falls to knees and Tommy presses E. Enjoy!

Please read this so when you are in my group and you get Tommy then I knock his mask off as Vanessa, give you the mask, the machete, heal you, give you a spare pocket knife, and finally knock Jason on his knees you don't flub the kill by not smashing E but instead attack Jason, knocking him out of animation and thus negating the whole round.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Just in case, it might be a good idea to hit Jason again before you activate the shirt, so he is brought closer to a stun.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This is immensely boring and I love these guys.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

s.i.r.e. posted:

This is immensely boring and I love these guys.

I don't know what to tell you, loving up a perfect escape because you don't understand how to play video games is hilarious to me.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Sometimes things get weird at camp Crystal Lake

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntediluvianGoodMagpiePicoMause

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
Can't find a session today to save my life :( (PS4)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Stanley Pain posted:

Straight from the devs.

Custom games are P2P, quick match is dedicated servers. At least that's the case for PC.

Then they were lying or you misread it. It is clearly P2P, as I explained earlier.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Quick protip (for PS4 at least): In another fantastic bug, equipping perks from the main menu does nothing. To actually equip them, you have to equip them in a lobby menu. If you've ever wondered why your perks don't seem to be working, that's why.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just saw a streamer murder a cheater hiding under a bridge, seems to be an area Jason can't get to.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
so this is a dumb question but how do i turn on voice chat, pressin the ptt aint doin nothin

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

...! posted:

Then they were lying or you misread it. It is clearly P2P, as I explained earlier.

And on my games on PC, it specifically says "connecting to dedicated servers" and every player has nonzero ping, indicating that there are in fact dedicated servers for quick match on PC.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Snatch Duster posted:

Step 1: A Female Counselor retrieves the sweater from Jason's mother's shrine.

Step 2: Remove Jason's Mask via face pummeling.

Step 3: Have Tommy Jarvis pick up the Mask.

Step 4: Female Counselor presses Q in Proximity of Jason.

Step 5: Female Counselor hits Jason (Ideally a Headshot).

Step 6: Jason falls to knees and Tommy presses E. Enjoy!

Please read this so when you are in my group and you get Tommy then I knock his mask off as Vanessa, give you the mask, the machete, heal you, give you a spare pocket knife, and finally knock Jason on his knees you don't flub the kill by not smashing E but instead attack Jason, knocking him out of animation and thus negating the whole round.

Now I am prepared to finish Jason.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

sword_man.gif posted:

so this is a dumb question but how do i turn on voice chat, pressin the ptt aint doin nothin

i still haven't fixed this and now the game's crashing after ~5-10 minutes of playing

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Spent another 30 minutes searching for a match tonight on Ps4.

I want to like you, game. Please let me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

...! posted:

We had this misunderstanding earlier because one person was a PC player and another was on consoles. Are you playing on a console? Because if so all evidence is that that's 100% p2p.

• Locked thread