Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's an adaptation of an even-skeevier comic by a studio that's currently trying to break out of that late-night scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CJacobs posted:

This is still pretty hilarious when it crops up though *looks at mr. popo*
it's not like "jinx is a pokemon that looks like blackface", the characters actually wear blackface

Ghost 1.0's humor is basically not much different from UnEpic. it doesn't have the sexism, but it does have the really lame "here's a nerd reference! hilarious right!" joke every other line of dialogue. also there's a brief vignette where you play as the black scientist character in a flashback and when i defeated an enemy a health pickup appeared in the form of a fried chicken drumstick :geno:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ain't no caveats or skeeviness to worry about in hit anime, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stexils posted:

ive been slacking off programming practice and playing video games instead, so i decided to compromise and learn how to use cheat engine. it's kind of cool using knowledge i picked up in my 20s to mess around with games i played when i was 12

I started playing Zachtronics games like TIS-100 and Infinifactory because people said they were good for getting in the programmers' mindset. But they are really difficult :(

Also Human Resource Machine, but I kind of bounced off that too because I didn't understand the answer to this very question

Pollyanna posted:

Anyone here play through Human Resouce Machine? I'm having trouble understanding something with puzzle #16. Specifically, why is this solution:

slower than this solution?:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

It's an adaptation of an even-skeevier comic by a studio that's currently trying to break out of that late-night scene.

Lol well that explains some of it at least

So they're trying to adapt a skeevy comic into something not skeevy? Or am I misunderstanding you

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

So they're trying to adapt a skeevy comic into something not skeevy? Or am I misunderstanding you

I wouldn't go that far, but the staff's take on the same material as well as some original bits skew it a bit

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Quest For Glory II posted:

Ghost 1.0's humor is basically not much different from UnEpic. it doesn't have the sexism, but it does have the really lame "here's a nerd reference! hilarious right!" joke every other line of dialogue. also there's a brief vignette where you play as the black scientist character in a flashback and when i defeated an enemy a health pickup appeared in the form of a fried chicken drumstick :geno:

:sigh:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

Maid Dragon the manga has a character who is a dragon who chooses a human form that is essentially a child with breasts the size of basketballs.

Maid Dragon the anime ditches that, makes the majority of the show a fun, heartwarming tale of a programmer finding a dragon girlfriend and helping their dragon child go to school and do well at making friends.

But it still has the.... really bad stuff with Lucoa and what you saw in episode 6.

So ultimately the anime is better, but..........................................

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

mutata posted:

Gex is a good game and a good mascot.

A little tongue now, a lot of tail later.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Bring back Nichijou.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what was the manga where like cockroaches evolved into black people

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think I am on a quest to find out at what point the Tekken 7 matchmaking decides to stop giving you matches for your own good.

Katarina is fun and has relatively easy execution at least.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 4, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Video games

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Motto posted:

Video games

Mods?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

oddium posted:

It's something like Terraformers if you mean the one I think you do.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

im doing something similar but just using Kazumi and spamming tigers

Let me know if you double dip one day and ill play you spam to spam. Or i guess we'll probably play local one day anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Terraformars is the cockroaches on Mars anime

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/Yasradiusmanaf/status/870891278505918468

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fought a track suit Skeletor earlier today.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Please be started on Soul Calibur 6, I want the Namco fighter I actually play to come out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Voldo in 4K :getin:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

oddium posted:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LawfulWaffle posted:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

the angel that appeared before joseph smith was... goku?!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
For those who might be interested in the Hot New Thing Sweeping The Speedrunning Scene, I've been updating a playlist of great-to-decent Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past Randomizer races. I've mentioned it in the past but there's a massive tournament going on, over 200 races at this point, and I've been collecting the runs that are worth a drat in a single playlist and cutting out the chaff(most squashes, newbies, arbitrary forfeits, etc). It's shockingly addicting to watch, it shuffles every chest-based and loose(heart containers etc) items in the item pool, so you could find 20 rupees in the first chest, or you could find the Silver Arrows, for example.

Here is the playlist

Here is a sample race with fantastic commentary to give you an idea of what Randomizer Races are all about. It's a super fun one too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuUox7wPJFo&hd=1

FirstAidKite posted:

Dragon Maid as a manga is totally not safe for work. Dragon Maid as an anime is like 95% safe for work. The manga is so questionable they wrote out an entire character and her arc because she might as well be named Tits the Problemagic Dragon.

The Lucoa thing becomes a sibling-type scenario rather than anything romantic in the anime outside of that one unsettling bit in that one episode. I really don't know what's up with that one episode considering, overall, the show's pretty heartwarming and cute and is basically about two mommies and their daughter.

ImpAtom posted:

It's something like Terraformers if you mean the one I think you do.
I absolutely love that there's a slapfight going on over your avatar now

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

fiesta time

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I absolutely love that there's a slapfight going on over your avatar now

I honestly am frustrated by it but it feels lovely posting in a thread and having a bunch of people get upset because their lost their avatars just because I posted in the thread. :smith:

The White Dragon posted:

the angel that appeared before joseph smith was... goku?!

For some reason this sounded like one of the overblown anime titles to me.

Dragonball Deus Episode 33:
Impossible! The Angel that appeared before Joseph Smith was... Goku?!

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 4, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly am frustrated by it but it feels lovely posting in a thread and having a bunch of people get upset because their lost their avatars just because I posted in the thread. :smith:

I'm not sure I follow why someone changing your avatar makes you feel responsible

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ImpAtom posted:

yeah but the one right now is just properly horrific enough, it's perfect. the red text notsomuch

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm not sure I follow why someone changing your avatar makes you feel responsible
he complained about it being changed in the FFXIV thread alongside a shitload of other people's and I assume it spiraled from there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

I (stupidly) complained about my avatar being changed in a thread, it got changed, nice people started changing it back to my old avatar, whoever was changing it kept changing it back, I posted in the thread asking the people who changed it back to my old one stop wasting their money, the person changing it to the new avatar decided to change the avatar of every person on that page instead. It's basically a case of "Welp, I should have just kept my mouth shut."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I (stupidly) complained about my avatar being changed in a thread, it got changed, nice people started changing it back to my old avatar, whoever was changing it kept changing it back, I posted in the thread asking the people who changed it back to my old one stop wasting their money, the person changing it to the new avatar decided to change the avatar of every person on that page instead. It's basically a case of "Welp, I should have just kept my mouth shut."

Lol well instead of feeling responsible just laugh at the absurdity of the whole thing imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The incident probably kept this site afloat for another month or so, at least

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, think of it as supporting this great website, that's the spirit!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Assuming it's not a mod or admin doing Shenanigans that's got to have been at least $500 spent by our unknown malefactor by now

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am 100% sure mods and admins can't just repeatedly change avatars when people are paying for them like that.

Pretty sure mods can't even change their own avatars whenever they want.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I never thought I'd find someone more hated than me. If that offsite avatar history thing still worked I'd link mine right now. It's pretty hefty.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
People have threatened me because I have been posting undertale fanart in the fanart thread for two years now. The hate scale on this forum is a little bit weird.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just lol if you have enough of a personality to be noticed on an Internet forum

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nobody hates me because I might as well not exist to this gosh darned webzone.

People love me just for my avatar.:wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

the person changing it to the new avatar decided to change the avatar of every person on that page instead.

somebody just landed their dream job of a 500k/yr position in a pfizer lab, let them have this moment

• Locked thread