Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

Step 1: A Female Counselor retrieves the sweater from Jason's mother's shrine.

Step 2: Remove Jason's Mask via face pummeling.

Step 3: Have Tommy Jarvis pick up the Mask.

Step 4: Female Counselor presses Q in Proximity of Jason.

Step 5: Female Counselor hits Jason (Ideally a Headshot).

Step 6: Jason falls to knees and Tommy presses E. Enjoy!

Please read this so when you are in my group and you get Tommy then I knock his mask off as Vanessa, give you the mask, the machete, heal you, give you a spare pocket knife, and finally knock Jason on his knees you don't flub the kill by not smashing E but instead attack Jason, knocking him out of animation and thus negating the whole round.

My penance for this is to suck at this game for the rest of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://clips.twitch.tv/EphemeralDifferentBibimbapSMOrc

Found the highlight, not sure where that is.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
gently caress i posted the wrong clip last time :(

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShyOpenAppleLitty

this is what i meant to post. The timing was too perfect not to do it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

...! posted:

Then they were lying or you misread it. It is clearly P2P, as I explained earlier.

Except when the above is not true because you're playing PC Master Race Edition of the game. :thumbsup:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Just had a fun game where a Jason had me dead to rights was right in front of me. I just stood still because I had a knife but he just teleported away. This let me and a lumberjack fix the car and we rode right out with Jason watching on the side of the bridge. I like when people play Jason in an interesting way.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
It's weird that PC has dedicated servers, but consoles don't.

I just had 2 rounds in a row on...I think it was Packanack...where one or two people would swim out to specific a rock in the lake. It lets you get close enough to it to get out of the water as a counselor, but Jason stays underwater so you can't do any killmoves on them. Dudes must have thought they were so clever.

It only took me 2 practice throws to get my knife arc down. I let everyone else escape.

Don't be a goober, play the loving game.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
If they ever add Part 5 aka ROY, he should play exactly like a counselor, meaning he wouldn't be invincible but could go through windows, sneak and wouldn't have musical cues. Would be super challenging but a fun alternative. Maybe a smaller map, with less weapons?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I saw someone shift-juke a shotgun blast to finish off the final survivor, I was impressed.

I also saw 2 failed Jason kill attempts today. One the counselors hosed up and one with some bitchass playing Jason that kept running away and let the counselors escape because they had the setup for a kill.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 4, 2017

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
I could be wrong, but I think throwing a counselor through a window triggers the "oh my god, is that a dead body?" freakout at the window, even if the body is elsewhere. On Packanack, threw a Vanessa out the window in the elevated small cabin near the main lodge - a few moments later, someone ducked in there to hide, and triggered the freakout, leading to yet another Vanessa out the window. :v:

also, private matches rule - so much more fun to be able to spectate Jason once you're dead

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Doctor_Acula posted:

It's weird that PC has dedicated servers, but consoles don't.

I just had 2 rounds in a row on...I think it was Packanack...where one or two people would swim out to specific a rock in the lake. It lets you get close enough to it to get out of the water as a counselor, but Jason stays underwater so you can't do any killmoves on them. Dudes must have thought they were so clever.

It only took me 2 practice throws to get my knife arc down. I let everyone else escape.

Don't be a goober, play the loving game.

That owns, if his hustle works then gently caress it. I managed to survive once because the water extends really really drat far on Camp Crystal Lake and I was one of the last three with no escape in sight, neither car had been worked on and no cops were called. I floated out there for 8 or so minutes and Jason never had a clue. It owned.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i had a kill animation bug out, and instead of murdering someone i recruited them as my new sidekick

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Tiffany looks pretty chilled out there.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I had an animation bugged out and I couldn't do poo poo other than carry around a dead Kelly or whatever the gently caress her name is.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Seen that happen with at least one Jason. I was feeling proud of myself as I managed to repair the car, call the cops, call Tommy and escape in the boat....only for him to grumpily mention that all his abilities were disabled for some reason, so he'd just been following one of his friends around.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

poptart_fairy posted:

Seen that happen with at least one Jason. I was feeling proud of myself as I managed to repair the car, call the cops, call Tommy and escape in the boat....only for him to grumpily mention that all his abilities were disabled for some reason, so he'd just been following one of his friends around.

I was told in the lobby that going into the water fixes it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

i had a kill animation bug out, and instead of murdering someone i recruited them as my new sidekick

Ghost Ride the Jason

Does a Jason having weakness in an ability mean it recharges less often or is it also less effective? I've only played Part 3 so far but controlling his Shift is like driving a school bus with rockets attached.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jun 4, 2017

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Of course Eric is based on a backer.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

McSpanky posted:

Ghost Ride the Jason

Does a Jason having weakness in an ability mean it recharges less often or is it also less effective? I've only played Part 3 so far but controlling his Shift is like driving a school bus with rockets attached.

Yes, cooldown and effectivity are both affected.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Kenny Logger is good, but rocker girl is the best tbh.

I got thrown through a window as a kill yesterday and freaked people out, it was kinda great.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

That owns, if his hustle works then gently caress it. I managed to survive once because the water extends really really drat far on Camp Crystal Lake and I was one of the last three with no escape in sight, neither car had been worked on and no cops were called. I floated out there for 8 or so minutes and Jason never had a clue. It owned.

That's different. You were hiding. They were specifically abusing game map geometry.

No one wants to watch them teabag a rock for 13 minutes, just for an extra 200 xp. Take the L and let's all move on.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
Yesterday was the first time I was able to really sit down and binge this game. Ended up having quite a few notable moments playing The Chad. One of the hilarious times ended outside Packanack Lodge where I found keys and waited for the car to be fixed. Some Debbie jumped in with me, but Jason stopped us instantly. She hit him while I was grabbed and I jumped in when she got grabbed...she had a knife, I got pulled back out of my car, she tried to help as I was grabbed again...another Debbie came around at that point and tried to save us with a shotgun. Me, Debbie, and Jason all fall to the blast...of course he gets up and murders other Debbie as she tried stealing my car.

Another was playing as Jason in my first 7/7 win. Two people trying to get on the boat, rocker chick leaves Adam behind, I realize Part 3 can't catch boat. I swim back to Adam, he gets away when I realize she came back for him! Knock both of them in the water, drowned them instantly.
Remaining two were apparently buddies, talking poo poo and what not. Led them on a hell of a chase. They hid in a cabin, I hear one talking about how Jason hasn't scared him and mentioning his twitch stream. I pop stalk, the idiots left the back door open...one finds out when he sees me in the middle hallway and lost his poo poo. Great times. :black101:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What were the attack speed perks needed to match Jason?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Nckdictator posted:

None of these peasant backers have Chad's "gently caress you" money.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Nckdictator posted:

Why didn't they just say "every male except for Chad"

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Grey Fox posted:

None of these peasant backers have Chad's "gently caress you" money.

If Chad backed the game we'd have Space Jason right now. Thanks, Chad.

DIck.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Had my first 8/8 run as Jason. Mostly came about because the last 5 people, including Tommy, all made a mad dash for the blue car, ran into my traps, and when I morphed in they decided to mob me rather then run away and during the manic melee they got taken out by my swings (including a triple-kill :black101).

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Why didn't they just say "every male except for Chad"

Kenny?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

JonTron is number 6

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I have no idea how I screwed up counting to 6 there.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The best late game hiding spot for counselors with suboptimal hiding stats is the large buildings like packanack and Higgins Haven. Juking Jason by running outside when he sees you, then go back inside then use geometry like door ways to hide behind. I've done this several times as Vanessa.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Doctor_Acula posted:

That's different. You were hiding. They were specifically abusing game map geometry.

No one wants to watch them teabag a rock for 13 minutes, just for an extra 200 xp. Take the L and let's all move on.

I wouldn't mind, as long as it gets fixed.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
there's a couple of spots like that and the devs are taking bug reports of them seriously. you see cats doing that, take a few screenshots or a short video showing off where it is and report it.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This thread is lacking in cool gifs

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TBH I think the nerd girl should be frumpier. Every Friday movie has a dumpy girl to contrast the sexy ones.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lurdiak posted:

TBH I think the nerd girl should be frumpier. Every Friday movie has a dumpy girl to contrast the sexy ones.

You could argue that's all there were in the first movie!

I kid, I kid.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Yea but thats the nerd girl after her make over.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Balance of power seems to have shifted a bit towards the counselors, now that they're more experienced. It's really easy for a sloppy Jason to get 1 or 2 kills, I even was part of a complete team escape last night. You get a 250 xp bonus for that.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
My finest Chad moment, an Italian Buggzy was following me around by the boat area, I had just gassed up the boat and we found the propeller with about 2 minutes before the cops showed up. Buggzy had a shotgun and I told him to take the propeller and fix up the boat and that I'd be right behind him after I finished checking the area. He swaps the shotgun for his propeller and runs off, I take his shotgun and start making my way towards the police exit, which of course ends up being the one I was closest to. I cooly escape with the cops, one of whom is my dad. Buggzy must have been too loud with that boat repair because he did not make it. RIP

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 4, 2017

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I got to play Chad Deb last night. I had repaired the propeller, and was scouting for gas. Adam and Kenny show up, and have gas.
Me: "Oh, sick, you have gas. We can take the boat. I already fixed it."
Adam: "You mean we can. We have the gas."
Me: "Ah, fair enough. Or, you know, I could just take it."
(Machete battle, Jason shows up, we all die.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I got to listen to a rando bitch at length last night about how Jason is too OP now and how his grip is bullshit.

I've noticed his grip is harder to get out of, but that could just be that my stats are hosed at that point.

It's wasn't worth the ranting I listened to though.

Adam is in fact loving amazing, although he's loud as hell. I hosed a game as Deborah because I tried to save someone. Had the boat fixed and left the dude in a closet because he wouldn't leave. Tried to go track down another player nearby without a headset then was murdered getting back into the boat.

Playing with people who don't have headsets sucks.

• Locked thread