Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

IIRC it's not only that, but that they say "nah, yeah" to mean "yes", and "yeah, nah" to mean "no".

"Yes, yes, yes...no, no, no no no! Yes! No! Peppers!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atou Ren
Dec 31, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

This is also what the Pokedex says in... at least early generations; not sure about later on.

No, it doesn't. Moon's is the only Pokédex entry to say anything about Magikarps as a food source: "Its reckless leaps make it easy pickings for predators. On the bright side, many Pokémon enjoy longer life spans, thanks to Magikarp."

I would also like to mention that while Brazil does have a lot of Japanese and Italian immigrants, they predominantly live in the state of São Paulo and the southern states. Pará (the state this game is supposedly based in) is at least 1000 kilometres (600 miles) away from the São Paulo state, going by the shortest distance between state borders. Some interesting notes about Pará is that about 75% of its population declared themselves as black or mixed race in the latest census, it's basically composed of flat rain forests and a small savanna area, and that it's miserably hot and humid no matter where you go. If Tandor shares anything other than a basic geographic outline with Pará, I have yet to see it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Magikarp is a champ, leave him alone/

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

IIRC it's not only that, but that they say "nah, yeah" to mean "yes", and "yeah, nah" to mean "no".

When I was doing Unit 3/4 English Language for my VCE a decade ago I actually had to turn in a miniature essay discussing this language construct for an assessment.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Atou Ren posted:

No, it doesn't. Moon's is the only Pokdex entry to say anything about Magikarps as a food source: "Its reckless leaps make it easy pickings for predators. On the bright side, many Pokmon enjoy longer life spans, thanks to Magikarp."

In the episode where Ash and pals are on the SS Anne and James gets a Magikarp, he thinks he can use it as a meal even if it is worthless. Meowth rebuts him with the 'scales and bones' comment. first season is canon imo :colbert:

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Bogart posted:

In the episode where Ash and pals are on the SS Anne and James gets a Magikarp, he thinks he can use it as a meal even if it is worthless. Meowth rebuts him with the 'scales and bones' comment. first season is canon imo :colbert:

Yeah James bites into it and his teeth just break :colbert:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

krisslanza posted:

Yeah James bites into it and his teeth just break :colbert:

Pidgeotto don't have teeth :master:

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQRZXM-4xI

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

This is a pro-click, as is the entire series

Zinco
Mar 27, 2005

Atou Ren posted:

No, it doesn't. Moon's is the only Pokédex entry to say anything about Magikarps as a food source: "Its reckless leaps make it easy pickings for predators. On the bright side, many Pokémon enjoy longer life spans, thanks to Magikarp."

Well, maybe the only pokedex entry *for Magikarp*, but the Pidgeot entry in Red/Blue reads: "When hunting, it skims the surface of water at high speed to pick off unwary prey such as Magikarp."

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Pedantic arguments about pokedex entries are powerless in Uranium!

(It is a foot tall.)

wait what

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
So if it can only be seen by drunk people, does that mean you're just hammered all the time when you use one on your team?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Haifisch posted:

So if it can only be seen by drunk people, does that mean you're just hammered all the time when you use one on your team?

If you lived in this world, wouldn't you wanna be drunk all the time?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Haifisch posted:

is everyone else also drunk, or do they just see an invisible force beating up their pokemon?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I really do like the pokedex entries for Uranium. :allears:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Bullshit. It has an eye! Do you know how many cells it takes to make an eye? More than one!

Disclaimer: I don't know how many cell it take to make an eye, but I know that there are at least two.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

S51-A is still such a bad name. I'd forgotten.

Good dex entry though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
More like the largest single-celled cutie on the planet. :3:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

(It is a foot tall.)

There are actually macroscopic unicelluar organisms, though the largest known only gets up to 8 inches across.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

BlazeEmblem posted:

Bullshit. It has an eye! Do you know how many cells it takes to make an eye? More than one!

Disclaimer: I don't know how many cell it take to make an eye, but I know that there are at least two.

I feel like Reuniclus has Nupin beat on the 'largest cell' thing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

dis astranagant posted:

There are actually macroscopic unicelluar organisms, though the largest known only gets up to 8 inches across.

I was thinking of Bubble Algae: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valonia_ventricosa - although it only gets up to 2 inches across.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

Ehhh...It may not be a true eye. It may just be a photoreceptive organelle or organelles

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

S51-A is still such a bad name. I'd forgotten.

Good dex entry though.

A dumb name is one thing. A dumb name based on a Simpsons joke is much, much worse.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Kay Kessler posted:

A dumb name is one thing. A dumb name based on a Simpsons joke is much, much worse.

You're gonna have to elaborate because I don't think Area 51 is a Simpsons joke

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Xelkelvos posted:

Ehhh...It may not be a true eye. It may just be a photoreceptive organelle or organelles

I'll concede that, but overall it looks like it is made up of multiple differentiated sections, specifically it's green top part and the not-magnet. You could say that those could be proteins embedded in or on the outside of the membrane, but overall, it looks less like a single-celled organism and more like a mollusk.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

LAY-ZX posted:

You're gonna have to elaborate because I don't think Area 51 is a Simpsons joke

I believe this is the joke in question:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Haifisch posted:

Since it's visibly in your Pokedex, unlike Aotius and Mutios, there's only one conclusion to make:

Your Pokedex is drunk.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Prism posted:

Since it's visibly in your Pokedex, unlike Aotius and Mutios, there's only one conclusion to make:

Your Pokedex is drunk.

That would make a lot of things suddenly make more sense...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

I'll concede that, but overall it looks like it is made up of multiple differentiated sections, specifically it's green top part and the not-magnet. You could say that those could be proteins embedded in or on the outside of the membrane, but overall, it looks less like a single-celled organism and more like a mollusk.

the actual games pokedex says slugma's skin is hotter then the sun, you should probably just relax

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

mandatory lesbian posted:

the actual games pokedex says slugma's skin is hotter then the sun, you should probably just relax

Let's also not forget my favorite fact, that Wailord is less dense than air

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
maybe the sun isn't really that hot? betcha didn't see that coming.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Tired Moritz posted:

maybe the sun isn't really that hot? betcha didn't see that coming.

Well, it turns out that pound for pound, fireflies are brighter than the sun, so who knows?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Let's also not forget my favorite fact, that Wailord is less dense than air

i mean, it is always floating in the Stadium-like games, maybe it's on to something....

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Is discussing stuff that is obviously not completely implemented fine?

Because looking at them on the wiki, one of those has a not immediately obvious mistake in it's characteristics (i.e. not typing or BST, but one of the miscellaneous things that only can be seen in the game's code).

Note: do not look on the Uranium wiki's Pokedex unless you like spoilers, they're adjacent to the version mascot legendary in the dex.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Can a Mascot Legendary even be a spoiler when its normally always on the boxcover?
Heck its right there in the opening post

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

the Orb of Zot posted:

Is discussing stuff that is obviously not completely implemented fine?

If I can't decide what's allowed in my own thread then I will face GodArceus and walk backwards into hellhell (which is real (Uranium has a pokemon that is literally from hell)).

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

If I can't decide what's allowed in my own thread then I will face GodArceus and walk backwards into hellhell (which is real (Uranium has a pokemon that is literally from hell)).

Isn't canon Pokehell the Distortion World?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

dragon_pamcake posted:

Isn't canon Pokehell the Distortion World?

Nah, it's just the anti-matter dimension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

OK but this one is actually great. It reminds me of Gengar's SuMo entry.

• Locked thread