Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Frieza is going to have to get in line behind King Kai if he hopes for that promise to ever be fulfilled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love Freeza's first question was "Can I kill them"

loving Christ that is just so on point.

Also, goddamn, the Sayians in Universe 6 are wimps. Just complete push overs. Even the Bandit Queen herself can barely stand to insult some one.

Vegeta would chew them all out.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

Also, goddamn, the Sayians in Universe 6 are wimps. Just complete push overs. Even the Bandit Queen herself can barely stand to insult some one.

Vegeta would chew them all out.

Well yeah, of course they are whimps. How else could they have lived their entire lives without getting mildly upset enough to transform?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Like I was kind of hoping we'd get something of an edge from ole Califlower but oh God no, she's just as pathetic as the rest.

It's kind of endearing.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Rutibex posted:

Well yeah, of course they are whimps. How else could they have lived their entire lives without getting mildly upset enough to transform?

One could ask the same of U7's Saiyans, really.

Bargain sale is just giving these forms away!

Except for Pan. Pan gets nothing. Yet.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really think the Universe 6 Sayians are biologically a lot different than the normal ones.

The lack of tails kind of point to that. It might be just a lot easier to go SSJ for them.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nice touch by the writers to have Vegeta Cabba get rammed into a mountain by Broly Kale.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Burkion posted:

Like I was kind of hoping we'd get something of an edge from ole Califlower but oh God no, she's just as pathetic as the rest.

It's kind of endearing.

U6 is the Hugo to U7's Bart.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That episode was pretty much on point tbh, Kale was full-on bolry and the relationship between freeza and Goku is as maliciious as ever,

This episode wasn't prefect but at least it proved they will know how the characters work.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zedd posted:

That episode was pretty much on point tbh, Kale was full-on bolry and the relationship between freeza and Goku is as maliciious as ever,

This episode wasn't prefect but at least it proved they will know how the characters work.

I found this episode a bit of a snooze to be honest. Just get to the fireworks factory already! The tournament preparation arc is going to end up longer than the entire Future Trunks arc.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Rutibex posted:

I found this episode a bit of a snooze to be honest. Just get to the fireworks factory already!
Actionwise I do agree, but all the subject matters were decently on=point IMO.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

caulifla is just racing through transformations huh

it'd be funny if she goes ss3 in the toutnament and instantly burns herself out because that form is a curse

Rutibex posted:

I found this episode a bit of a snooze to be honest. Just get to the fireworks factory already! The tournament preparation arc is going to end up longer than the entire Future Trunks arc.

they're gonna stall it out a few more episodes at least

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caulifa will find out about Super Saiyan God and just round up a bunch of Saiyans to perform the ritual on everyone.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Does she really need God when she has Super Saiyan Getting Stronger?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ImpAtom posted:

Caulifa will find out about Super Saiyan God and just round up a bunch of Saiyans to perform the ritual on everyone.

Well... they DO have six Saiyans...

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This episode immediately made me like Freeza as the reluctant protagonist. This writing team rrally gets the characters. Also, haha at it being a straight up Brolly transformation.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seriously though, if U7 lost and we spent the rest of Super following the adventures of Cabbage, Cauliflower, and Kale I would totally be okay with that.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I loved the quick cuts of SSJ Cauli > Kale blushing > SSJ Cabba > Kale bored. They've communicated a surprising amount of Kale's personality without words.

It's kind of the least shocking thing in the world when anime schoolgirls wanna smooch each other, but coming from Dragon Ball that's novel. With Trunks/Mai in the last arc, this is actually the heaviest DB has ever been on mushy feelings.

Edit: Also, calling it now, Cabba is dating a tiny Gray like Tarble's wife.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 4, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Universe 6 is great and I think I love it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shinjobi posted:

Universe 6 is great and I think I love it.

It's kind of a shame it will die if U7 wins.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Universe 6 is going to have the come from behind victory defeating the evil mastermind Goku and saving their universe.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The power of lesbians summoned Broly to canon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Caulifla and Kale's interactions are super cute and I'm glad that we not only have female Super Saiyans, but they're also very likable and also powerful. I can't wait to see how Caulifla hits Super Saiyan Blue in...I dunno, half an hour or so? I mean, SS2 took her minutes, it shouldn't be too hard to go beyond it, she's good.

I'm also glad that no one is pretending that Freeza, the Emperor of Evil, can actually change and become good. Even Goku agrees. But he's neccesary I guess, and he also knew fully well how to manipulate Goku despite the latter attempting to do that. And he did that by...making Goku pull a Vegeta, with himself as Cell. Saiyans!

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I assume that when universe 7 wins they'll wish for all the universes to be merged or something and that would be fuel for another 500 episodes. They already mentioned that their universe is barely inhabited.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

With all the Broly references I wonder if they're going to try and work his movies into Super's backstory. Either way it was a fun episode.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Raxivace posted:

With all the Broly references I wonder if they're going to try and work his movies into Super's backstory. Either way it was a fun episode.

No one wants to watch a child piss on Bio-Kale.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Freeza: Would it ruin everything for everyone if I refuse to join?

Goku: Just a little.

Freeze: Lol nah son I'm out.

This is my most favorite Dragonball moment ever.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I wasn't on board with Frieza because Buu got thrown out but the interaction between him and Goku had me laughing/smiling.

Freeza: I refuse then

Goku: LOl fine I'm out.

Freeza: poo poo call me my bluff I was JOKING!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It's going to be like two years before we get to see that Frieza/Goku interaction done by the English Dub :smith:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Rewatching the episode, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Goku make it sound like even if your universe loses you still get a shot at the Super Dragon Balls if you are picked best warrior?

I can kinda see U7 winning if this is the case but not getting the Super Dragon Balls wish.

Also, for fucks sake, for having thought this through Goku had an idiotic moment when opening up the possibility for Frieza to get the Super Dragon Ball wish rather than agreeing to just revive him with Earth's Dragonballs.

He could literally wish for much worse poo poo than just getting revived.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder what the mouse God of Destruction is up to. Judging by the title of the next episode, is sounds like he might try sending assassins after Frieza?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

^^^ I wonder if Frieza will be bribed into helping another universe out in exchange for both getting a wish and erasing Goku and friends. Considering his choices are to either be revived in shame or rot in hell, it makes sense for him to ditch for another universe if that were possible.

This episode was really cool. Goku and Frieza's interactions felt tense and I love team low self-esteem Super Saiyan :3: I really hope we see more of those 3 after the tournament arc is over.

The weakest part to me was how quickly the other Z fighters went "Frieza? K". I understand why, most likely because the writers have many more important subplots to focus on, but seriously loving Krillin was the only true voice of reason. Even Vegeta acted lukewarm.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rhonne posted:

I wonder what the mouse God of Destruction is up to. Judging by the title of the next episode, is sounds like he might try sending assassins after Frieza?

Whatever it is that he attempts will be pointless, not only because the shiton of spoilers have confirmed that Frieza will be in the tournament, but also because U7 has:

- Earth Dragon Balls
- Namek Dragon Balls (if they ever remember the New Namek planet)
- Baba Yaga's Get Out of Hell Free Card
-and when none of the above can be applied like in the case of super killing someone that is already dead, they have Whis' save states cheat code

edit: ^^^Unless they try that. Or maybe try controlling Frieza into doing something since Quitela and Sidra can be seen focusing some weird magic on Frieza (thinking something along the lines of Babidi's brainwashing spell on people with an evil heart)

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 4, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

It's going to be like two years before we get to see that Frieza/Goku interaction done by the English Dub :smith:

I bet we will see it done by the abridged folks before that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
It would be hilarious if their attempts to get him before the start of the tournament convinces Frieza to play nice just to get back at the other universes.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rhonne posted:

Considering he said "Sorry Beerus, you're gonna have to disappear" I'm pretty sure they're out for him.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Momomo posted:

Considering he said "Sorry Beerus, you're gonna have to disappear" I'm pretty sure they're out for him.

Or out for Shin, since that's probably an easier way to kill Beerus.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Onmi posted:

Or out for Shin, since that's probably an easier way to kill Beerus.

Wonder why Beerus doesn't just stick Shin inside of Whis' staff. That's gotta be the safest place in the universe

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rutibex posted:

I bet we will see it done by the abridged folks before that.

It's not that I want it done in English, it's that I specifically want it done by their voice actors from the dubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

TFS will not do Super stuff (besides the little one minute clips here and there) because of legal trouble. The only reason they can do old DBZ is because the show/footage is old, whereas Super is much newer and more profitable.

• Locked thread