Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I didn't realize anyone said "yuge" other than to make fun of Trump so I was initially confused.

You know how when you deeply love someone, their weird personal quirks can become objects of affection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

cant cook creole bream posted:

For example, he keeps inserting that shoe. What's the deal with that anyway?

When Hillary had a fainting spell on the campaign, she was ushered into a car and lost a shoe in the process. Garrison was super into the "Hillary is really sick and practically on the verge of death and she's hiding it from the world" conspiracy theory but now that it's been months and her health has been fine I don't know why he continues to do it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Pakled posted:

When Hillary had a fainting spell on the campaign, she was ushered into a car and lost a shoe in the process. Garrison was super into the "Hillary is really sick and practically on the verge of death and she's hiding it from the world" conspiracy theory but now that it's been months and her health has been fine I don't know why he continues to do it.

She will die and therefore forfeit the presidency any minute now.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Garrison's art is one of the best of all the cartoonists in this thread and his deranged, paranoid ideas are always well-expressed. A nice window into the mind of the modern American fascist.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Too many metaphors.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pakled posted:

Also, she didn't actually lose a shoe.

And Garrison can't even keep the shoe's look consistent.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

BarbarianElephant posted:

Garrison's art is one of the best of all the cartoonists in this thread

I dunno. He's definitely a cut above most of them when it comes to pure artistic talent and the ability to portray things a human can recognize, but there's something fundamentally unpleasant about his art style. The gleeful sneering faces and the sharp angular features are just so offputting. I think I'd find it unappealing even if his comics weren't the most hateful things ever.

E: Like, I genuinely hate looking at these faces, instinctively.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 4, 2017

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
Yeah Garrison is basically the nega-Assay, because while his art is good, he manages to make every single character he draws look super malicious and unpleasant, regardless of the message he's trying to send.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Stefu posted:

:nms: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBVT2gmVoAAB2_v.jpg:large :nms:

Misogny, racism, antisemitism, tits, basically everything else. We really have reached peak alt-right, folks.

I love the pleasant and rational after dinner conversation about how we have to kill all the jews and do white space colonialism

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Get ready for the next round of "We're very sad" comics. London looks as though it's been hit by terrorists driving on the path.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Uh, actually, global warming is good!"

Stefu posted:

Misogny, racism, antisemitism, tits, basically everything else. We really have reached peak alt-right, folks.
Whether or not this is satire, it's pretty remarkably mind-boggling. The part where people sit around talking about genocide like it's the latest gossip. "It's important to protect your race. And also to destroy all others."
Also some weird blend of wishful thinking and some "the worst of Reddit" political / scientific fetishism the likes of which I've seen myself, talking about an Aryan dyson sphere or how the reason nobody's on Mars yet is those dumb blacks are holding us back from space exploration! That's gotta be why!

But my favorite part is this:

Somewhere, someone thinks this is actually an appealing pitch.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Garrison is very good at drawing parts, but he's terrible at assembling those parts in a way that actually works in terms of anatomy. His artistic fidelity is too high to get away with the toony poo poo that, say, Prickly City did. Asay's style was always better because Asay could loving draw a person as a person; Garrison draws a clenched fist here and a face here and a shoulder here and then connects them up in ways that just don't work, usually resulting in some horribly distorted limbs- issues that would have been fixed if the entire pose had been sketched out properly ahead of time. He covers it up with lots of fabric folds but if you try to plot out some of those poses in three dimensions, there's some weird poo poo going on.

Look at where Jackson's fist ended up relative to his head, for example. His arm is pointing goddamned backwards.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Lurdiak posted:

I dunno. He's definitely a cut above most of them when it comes to pure artistic talent and the ability to portray things a human can recognize, but there's something fundamentally unpleasant about his art style. The gleeful sneering faces and the sharp angular features are just so offputting. I think I'd find it unappealing even if his comics weren't the most hateful things ever.

E: Like, I genuinely hate looking at these faces, instinctively.

I think the sneering faces work with his vile themes.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Somfin posted:

Garrison is very good at drawing parts, but he's terrible at assembling those parts in a way that actually works in terms of anatomy. His artistic fidelity is too high to get away with the toony poo poo that, say, Prickly City did. Asay's style was always better because Asay could loving draw a person as a person; Garrison draws a clenched fist here and a face here and a shoulder here and then connects them up in ways that just don't work, usually resulting in some horribly distorted limbs- issues that would have been fixed if the entire pose had been sketched out properly ahead of time. He covers it up with lots of fabric folds but if you try to plot out some of those poses in three dimensions, there's some weird poo poo going on.

Look at where Jackson's fist ended up relative to his head, for example. His arm is pointing goddamned backwards.

I've always given him credit for clean linework and recognizable caricatures (even if his Trump looks like a Greek statue), but he can't convey motion or energy at all and his compositions are prone to degenerating into a hilarious scatterbrained pile of talking points vomited onto a canvas.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Xen Tricks posted:

I know it's not really saying anything new for Branco, but it's stunning the lack of any knowledge whatsoever he holds. Also I used to read this thread religiously before everything went to hell, and I'm trying to get back into it. Are there any of the right-wing regulars that didn't just go full team Trump, and hold on to a shred of dignity? I can see Ramirez and both of th McCoy's have gone full-blown apeshit , which isn't too surprising

The only conservative cartoonist I can recall who's gone full-throated anti-Trump is ... Catalino, of all people.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Possibly :nws: below;

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Holy poo poo.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

You gotta give me the fangs, it doesn't work without the fangs!

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

So I says to my editor "You gotta give me the fangs"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

wow cool a toon from 1985

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Garrison's art is one of the best of all the cartoonists in this thread and his deranged, paranoid ideas are always well-expressed. A nice window into the mind of the modern American fascist.
His art is one of the best in the thread, but that's only because political cartoonists are a gang of talentless hacks. His linework can be nice but the people all look like wooden puppets; their actions never feel believable. Tbh the only thing that feels well-expressed in a Garrison cartoon is the paranoia itself, because he packs in even more tenuously-related ideas per square inch than Dees.

efb it seems Voyager and I have similar opinions on Garrison

MelvinBison posted:

I can't do it. I can't imagine this as anything but satire.
I thought the same thing, to the point where I was gonna poke fun at the OP for buying such obvious bullshit, but look up the artist (Emily Youcis). She's the real deal.

T. Bombastus fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 4, 2017

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Stefu posted:

This seems more like it's by someone that hates both sides, tbh

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trickle down provides the lower classes with plenty of wealth, but they pollute and waste it. A Bad Cartoon.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

T. Bombastus posted:

I thought the same thing, to the point where I was gonna poke fun at the OP for buying such obvious bullshit, but look up the artist (Emily Youcis). She's the real deal.

Well. poo poo. :suicide:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Vib Rib posted:

"140 IQ"

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Garrison has a range of about 5 human poses that he can draw.

Vib Rib posted:

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 4, 2017

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Pakled posted:

her health has been fine I don't know why he continues to do it.

the 'side of beef' thing is still running incredibly strong in t_d, a place that garrison literally writes and draws love letters to regularly.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

"Uh, actually, global warming is good!"

Whether or not this is satire, it's pretty remarkably mind-boggling. The part where people sit around talking about genocide like it's the latest gossip. "It's important to protect your race. And also to destroy all others."
Also some weird blend of wishful thinking and some "the worst of Reddit" political / scientific fetishism the likes of which I've seen myself, talking about an Aryan dyson sphere or how the reason nobody's on Mars yet is those dumb blacks are holding us back from space exploration! That's gotta be why!

Surprised that the Aryan dreamboat has darker skin than the woman.

Also it's pretty funny how white supremacists claim to appreciate traditional fine art when 99% of everybody involved in its exhibition and study would be characterised by them as sneering liberal elitists.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Stefu posted:

listen all y'all, this is sabatoge

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Surprised that the Aryan dreamboat has darker skin than the woman.

100% certain that is the actual skin tone of the artist, hence the necessity of reinforcing "100% Aryan."

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Stefu posted:

lol "low IQ races" and "sabatoge" in the same sentence

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in how hateful nazis are that I forget they are, overwhelmingly, extremely loving stupid, too

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Gazpacho posted:

Garrison has a range of about 5 human poses that he can draw.

I guess the best compliment we can give to Garrison is that he at least works on a level where he can be evaluated and critiqued as an artist, as opposed to people like Lester who are just flatly incompetent.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Xen Tricks posted:

Yeah Garrison is basically the nega-Assay, because while his art is good, he manages to make every single character he draws look super malicious and unpleasant, regardless of the message he's trying to send.

If there was one thing Asay did that was good, it was that he drew people like how they looked. His Obama looked like Obama. Compared to McCoy who gave him purple lips, Lester who always gave him a rainbow tie, Ramirez turning him into a worm after he became president, etc.

Asay was just trying to convey his point (albeit a hateful one).

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Ohh get ready for some quick hot takes on London soon.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hihohe posted:

EUROEP IS LOSTE :supaburn:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Hihohe posted:

and plan on continuing to see them through the beginning of the week despite the fact that there is literally a gangs of new york style rumble scheduled to happen tomorrow in portland

all hate crime and/or terrorism in portland is done by white dudes tho so don't expect anyone outside of the left to actually give a poo poo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hihohe posted:

there wasn't that many manchester cartoons i thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Constant sun and drought in Florida spelled the end to lake okeechobee, AGC about global warming.

But seriously, we're currently experiencing our worst drought and Ramirez can go gently caress himself.

https://twitter.com/NOAANCEIclimate...%2F101331462%2F

quote:

The dryness has worsened wildfires across the state, with nearly 1,900 fires reported so far this year, the Florida Forest Service said. Those fires have burned 153,315 acres, which is more than the state usually sees in an entire year, the Associated Press said.

• Locked thread