Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:siren: IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Chris Kunitz better retire in this offseason

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: HEY...YOU SUCK

HEY...YOU SUCK

HEY...YOU SUCK

WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUTTA YOU.

YOU. YOU. YOU YOU YOU
:siren:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

I seriously hope that Vegas fans are watching he Nashville fans and see how fun a budding hockey market can be

Remember how awesome a budding hockey market Carolina was 10 years ago?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Honestly though, Pittsburgh just isn't a baseball town. I actually think once PNC gets old, in about another 20 years, the Pirates may leave.

one of the worst takes I think I've seen

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Wooooo gently caress yeah

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Sweep the leg, Predators! Sweep the leg!

Wait, I forgot who's on that team....

Figuratively sweep the leg, Predators! Figuratively sweep the leg!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, I forgot! Frosty time!!!!!

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Infidel Castro posted:

HEY, YOU SUCK!

HEY, YOU SUCK!

HEY, YOU SUCK!

WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUTTA YOU!

I'm glad SAS got a surrogate team to root for against the Pens.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
craig smith on a breakaway. I've seen everything (except a nashville SCF game win)

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Pungry posted:

one of the worst takes I think I've seen

Yeah sorry that that offends you, but even during these past few years the Pirates have been good and even with the most beautiful goddamn baseball stadium in the universe, they've stayed right at the bottom of the league in attendance.

They have a few diehards but so does every baseball team that's existed for 100+ years.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Catfish is onside

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Weird time for that.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

:siren: Catfish sighted!:siren:

Only a little one, though.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

CAT FIIIIIISH

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

achillesforever6 posted:

Hainsey should have gone his whole career never making the playoffs, what a dumb loving acquisition from JR

It cancels out getting Phil Kessel.

To quote Billy Bob Thornton, "Well, they can't all be winners, kid...".

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:same:

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/status/871192987782479872

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Doesn't have a skate on the ice.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Should have pulled Murray after the 4th goal, IMO.

Getting Hainsey was understandable when the Penguins were having trouble finding 12 defensemen capable of skating to fill out the Pittsburgh and WBS rosters. Playing him 20 minutes a game now, long past when it's obvious he can't play anymore... yeah, that doesn't make sense.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Literally every time he touches the puck Hainsey turns it over. LITERALLY. Not hyperbole.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

I like that PK is now on Nashville so I can cheer for him and the rest of the preds, I could not chear for him on the Habs.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Captain Internet posted:

Literally every time he touches the puck Hainsey turns it over. LITERALLY. Not hyperbole.

I've actually been watching this closely and can report that so far Hainsey has successfully passed the puck to a teammate twice tonight, versus about 25 turnovers.

It's worse than that though because his defensive positioning is also Derrick Pouliot level LOL bad. Like he's actively trying to avoid getting between the puck carrier and anything else.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Nashville should get a catfish patch to go opposite of their dragonball.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Eric the Mauve posted:

Honestly though, Pittsburgh just isn't a baseball town. I actually think once PNC gets old, in about another 20 years, the Pirates may leave.
Pittsburgh is definitely a baseball town, that's why Bob Nutting is so insidious, he gets families to go to his honey pot stadium because the parents remember Clemente and Stargill, and they bring the grandparents who remember the days when of Maz and Dick Groat and can feel young again and then they bring their kids with promises of fireworks, bobbleheads, and enormous amounts of cheapish food. All the while maximizing profit by going with lowest effort in making competitive teams with cheap contracts and trading our best players for peanuts. Bob Nutting deserves nothing more than the guillotine while watching his Seven Springs Resort burn to the ground.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Eric the Mauve posted:

Unfortunately supporting the Pirates unavoidably means supporting the business interests of their owner, which is why I and many others choose not to.

Why

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Stretch Marx posted:

Our state flag has a dragonball on it?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Stretch Marx posted:

Nah the Nashville version of shenron is the catfish instead of a dragon

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
I wanna make a super cut ISO of just Hainsey possessions and email it to someone, anyone.

The loving mafia gives Hainsey their dead bodies cause they know they'll get lost in a hurry.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I haven't seen Phil Kessel assist on a goal with his foot since the first round.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Captain Internet posted:

something or other here about how they have to be surrogates fans since the penguins already beat their hometown teams.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

On a happier note, the Senators blew the Penguins out once too so whatever. Just hoping we get through garbage time without any major injuries and the Preds still have to win 3 out of 4.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

something or other here about how they have to be surrogates fans since the penguins already beat their hometown teams.

14 of Nashville's players played for my hometown team, thanks.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Rinne reflex save right there.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Raylen posted:

Not really. Outside of the Ottawa series, the power play hasn't been very consistent at all. They were 1-3 in Game 1, 0-7 in Game 2, and are now 0-3 in this game.
they scored 5 pp goals in 5 games against columbus, i dont know how much more you can ask for. all power plays are streaky and its exacerbated by how games can be called in the playoffs. its operating at 22% for the playoffs which is super high.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Infidel Castro posted:

Oh cool!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

achillesforever6 posted:

Pittsburgh is definitely a baseball town, that's why Bob Nutting is so insidious, he gets families to go to his honey pot stadium because the parents remember Clemente and Stargill, and they bring the grandparents who remember the days when of Maz and Dick Groat and can feel young again and then they bring their kids with promises of fireworks, bobbleheads, and enormous amounts of cheapish food. All the while maximizing profit by going with lowest effort in making competitive teams with cheap contracts and trading our best players for peanuts. Bob Nutting deserves nothing more than the guillotine while watching his Seven Springs Resort burn to the ground.

Much ado about Nutting

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Captain Internet posted:

This would've been "Any Team Not Named The Pens", to be fair.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Spring Break My Heart posted:

they scored 5 pp goals in 5 games against columbus, i dont know how much more you can ask for. all power plays are streaky and its exacerbated by how games can be called in the playoffs. its operating at 22% for the playoffs which is super high.

Yes but that inflated by the two teams they played which are not very good. Against the two teams they've played which are actually good, the Pens' PP has been a disaster. "But but but they were really good against the Blue Jackets!" ain't much help when you're playing the Predators.

The big surprise for me has been that the Penguins' PK hasn't been a total disaster, given how Hainsey/Maatta get like 60% of the PK time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Infidel Castro posted:

I'd love to get up to an Ads game at some point.

• Locked thread