Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Rainy days means there are less people in the bathhouse, so you can stay longer to get either another point of charm or a point of guts instead.

Also, slight correction, going from Sojiro 3->4 is the one that takes a really long time. The only thing that gates you from going 2->3 is making coffee, so Maaku's all set on that front, barring the requisite hang out point gate.

And just another fun fact, apparently all the party members have unused lines where they shout "LET ME EXPLAIN!" just like Sojiro. Maaku too, for some reason! It's kinda cute and I kinda wish they weren't unused lines!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

holy poo poo there's so much stuff to keep track/care in this loving game

thank you Arist for the effort you're putting in doing this poo poo so far

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

I love that 'LET ME EXPLAIN' line, it's so great.

Also yesterday I found out that Morgana will actually let you make coffee on the nights you send a calling card. This is a cat that knows where it's at.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I miss Tanaka already. Shopping's just not going to be the same. :smith:

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

This question made me start just looking up all the answers for the classes, because even if the four colour theorem establishes an upper bound for all possible arrangements, the correct answer for this particular map is clearly two. :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Doesn't seem that way to me. There are a number of shapes in there surrounded by an odd number of spaces that would be hard to fill in with only two colors.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Doesn't seem that way to me. There are a number of shapes in there surrounded by an odd number of spaces that would be hard to fill in with only two colors.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

The problem comes in when you consider if diagonals count for being adjacent. This question does.

edit: :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, I figured the diagonals counted as adjacent.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Look at Morgana in the screenshots where Maaku makes coffee. That cat has stolen my heart. :swoon:

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

It could be so much worse, cat. So, so much worse.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
I'm a little baffled by the sudden presence of Coffee Trivia. I never played Catherine, though, so perhaps all I was missing was being prepared for it by Beer Trivia.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

vdate posted:

I'm a little baffled by the sudden presence of Coffee Trivia. I never played Catherine, though, so perhaps all I was missing was being prepared for it by Beer Trivia.

This game is relly goddamn serious about coffee and it's fantastic

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm sure the next one is going to be Tea Trivia. Dunno what will come after that.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm sure the next one is going to be Tea Trivia. Dunno what will come after that.

Water Trivia.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

Materant posted:

The problem comes in when you consider if diagonals count for being adjacent. This question does.

Actually, they don't. The filled-in diagram has blue diagonal to blue and red diagonal to red. Diagonals are allowed to be the same color in general four-color theorem cases. So the correct answer to the question as presented is two.

e: \/ Right. For example, you could have a circle divided up by dozens of lines that all meet in the center. If diagonals couldn't be the same color, each section would need to be a different color.

Montegoraon fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 4, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If diagonals count then there's no upper limit.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
This update does show a small flaw that irked me during my playthrough: Every so often people will text you "I hope we pulled it off. I'm anxious" and you answer a variant of "All we can do is wait." Those conversations overstay their welcome a bit.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GeneX posted:

I think going to the bathhouse on a rainy day raises Guts instead of Charm.

I really like the detail they put into all of the side events; for all the problems I have with the main game (a few kinda irredeemably so), things like the movie theater do a bunch to make up for it.

Man, you've been hyping it up so much that I can't wait for the game to hit its CAD miscarriage point now.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Deltasquid posted:

This update does show a small flaw that irked me during my playthrough: Every so often people will text you "I hope we pulled it off. I'm anxious" and you answer a variant of "All we can do is wait." Those conversations overstay their welcome a bit.

Those replace the other conversations they would normally have reminding you to head to the Palace because the deadline's coming up.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Clarste posted:

Those replace the other conversations they would normally have reminding you to head to the Palace because the deadline's coming up.

I figured as much. I think they could've done better by replacing them with bits of "Lol I'm tired, watched too much tv last night" "I feel ya" and stuff like that. It makes sense for the first palace because they're legit out of the loop and anxiously awaiting to see if their heist plan worked/Morgana wasn't bullshitting them but... you know... This happens a lot.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

GeneX posted:

This game is relly goddamn serious about coffee and it's fantastic

Sojiro is a BITCH to rank up early on, but hey, who needs to hang out with him when we can just impress him with our MAD COFFEE MAKING SKILLZ, not to mention all the SP items! But I personally like Sojiro more than Dojima really, though why won't be seen for a while.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Man, you've been hyping it up so much that I can't wait for the game to hit its CAD miscarriage point now.

Well all the dungeons are about moving past and healing, aren't they?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kemix posted:

Sojiro is a BITCH to rank up early on, but hey, who needs to hang out with him when we can just impress him with our MAD COFFEE MAKING SKILLZ, not to mention all the SP items! But I personally like Sojiro more than Dojima really, though why won't be seen for a while.

Is it that he's less aggressive about his coffee?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is it that he's less aggressive about his coffee?

Someone did a P5 version of this on Youtube, actually. But it has a spoiler for a future character, so don't look it up unless you know that character.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
A cool thing that I noticed is that the game plays a little extra bell clip when you've reached enough points to level a social link through your responses to their statements during their S-link events. So you'll know after every event whether the next time you see them, you'll rank up again, or if you'll have to have a hangout event.

And I'm actually pretty sure you can invite Ann to Ogikubo. She's a bit of a foodie, so it'd make sense.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
You can't. She's not into ramen. There's other restaurants you can invite her to though.

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

You can't. She's not into ramen. There's other restaurants you can invite her to though.

I ignored the Ann talk earlier in the thread, but this, this is irredeemable.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Pieuvre posted:

I ignored the Ann talk earlier in the thread, but this, this is irredeemable.

I beg your pardon? Are you saying that not being into ramen is irredeemable, or that the comment was?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Not being into ramen, I imagine.

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010

vdate posted:

I beg your pardon? Are you saying that not being into ramen is irredeemable, or that the comment was?

Not being into ramen, sorry for not being clear.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

RareAcumen posted:

I'm kind of wondering what it is myself. I've finished the game and can't really think of anything that stuck out too egregiously.

I'm looking forward to finding it out, would you be able to PM it to me?

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Pieuvre posted:

Not being into ramen, sorry for not being clear.

I love Ramen as much as anyone
But its such a carb-bomb, that I shudder involuntarily whenever I see people just using that as a full meal

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

I'm kind of wondering what it is myself. I've finished the game and can't really think of anything that stuck out too egregiously.

I'm looking forward to finding it out, would you be able to PM it to me?

Friendship ended with Ryuji, now Kamoshida is my best friend!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

It doesn't have one.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i was drunk and i drew this for you

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

corn in the bible posted:

i was drunk and i drew this for you

I'm having trouble even processing this. Is this Joker flipping somebody the bird while sipping coffee and playing Yu-gi-oh?

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Someone hasn't heard of Johnny Five Aces, huh?

It's a classic.

Looks like he had to settle for coffee, hmm?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I had no idea that was a thing. Thank you, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
I really like what they did for the non-party social links in this game. It actually feels like every character you add to your retinue provides you with a concrete benefit. Ironically, in my first playthrough I ended up blowing off most of my party members in favor of things like better medical supplies, just because the bonuses of party member confidants seemed to pale in comparison to the stuff you got from NPC's.