Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
I've said it before, but this new director has been weird about the violence. The Titan on human violence has been ramped up, but the human on human violence has been toned down.

edit: Like, we don't even seen how Mikasa's blade slices right through Reiner's right arm and break off halfway splitting his left from his hand to his elbow.

Aaaaand actually on that note I just realize there's an art goof. Reiner still has his right arm when he barrels into Mikasa away from Bertholdt.

Tarodia posted:

This whole time the main antagonist of this series was Bert. That guy that stands in the background sometimes

Don't forget he's also sweaty sometimes

E-flat fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I mean I know there's anime with big things punching each other without vore
I probably watch those too

I watch too much anime

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm sorry! I don't like this show!

Still don't blame you. I just like being right

Hell, I'm playing Fire Emblem with it in the background. I just knew that this was the episode with the reveal

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
What do you mean "you people"?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Arist posted:

Bertholt and Reiner aren't nearly developed enough to make this reveal worth anything

It's because they were seemingly minor characters like so many others than got unceremoniously slaughtered that it works so well.

Especially when you go back and see all the very subtle clues dropped along the way.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
this is cool totally normal behavior

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Does anyone like this show besides vore fetishists

Back when this show first aired on Toonami, I thought it was cool that the premise reminded me of Pacific Rim- except instead of fighting the kaiju, it was like humanity had put all its faith behind the Wall of Life, so it was a concept where humans had to try to get by in the presence of carnivorous megafauna

then Erin got to turn into a Titan, and it started to get silly but still had some saving graces

then 3 years passed and i read spoilers about plot developments and now i just think about how much potential this show once had and then squandered

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They've barely shown up at all though, it doesn't work because they hardly loving existed before

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
If you go back and look you could see Bert was seconds away from shifting a few episodes ago

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
uh, show? hello?

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Does anyone like this show besides vore fetishists

Top anime of the season by state according to Crunchyroll.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I am ashamed of my Pennsylvania

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

livingfruitvirus posted:

Top anime of the season by state according to Crunchyroll.

what a shock that anime was a mistake

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Musics still real good

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like that apparently Historia/Krista apparently becomes important because I actually don't like Mikasa very much

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

WHAT IS THIS CG

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Idk, I think this whole scene is pretty cool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also Armor Titan has the same gotdamn hair, poo poo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

IT'S SO OBVIOUS

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So, if a bunch of teenagers turned into Titans, would they be the Teen Titans?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, it's really staring you in the face once you know

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Waffleman_ posted:

WHAT IS THIS CG

Side effect of simuldubs: Mistakes, cheap CGI, don't have time to be fixed.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
And here we are. Are you ready for the best arc in the entire series?

Clash of the Titans, baby. Let's rumble.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's hilarious how full of spoilers that ED is

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Arist posted:

They've barely shown up at all though, it doesn't work because they hardly loving existed before

this is literally everything that happens in this show

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

everything that's supposed to be tragic or shocking happens to characters nobody could possibly give a poo poo about

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

livingfruitvirus posted:

Side effect of simuldubs: Mistakes, cheap CGI, don't have time to be fixed.

Nah, that's just anime in general. Presumably the blu ray version will look more polished

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Arist posted:

I really have no idea what they'd use for a Season 3 ED. Like, there's nothing more they can show that wouldn't completely give the game away.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The AoT ed is so late 00's as anime bumper it gives me chills

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Dangerous Person posted:

I am ashamed of my Pennsylvania

you wanna go beat the tar out of some losers with no taste? i'll be the guy with the olive-green army jacket and wearing a tie like a Solid Snake headband; you can be the other character on the beat-em-up game cover art

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Dangerous Person posted:

Nah, that's just anime in general. Presumably the blu ray version will look more polished

Exactly, but often times when dubs take longer to get over here, they can get the blu ray polished version in that time.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Ruggington posted:

this is literally everything that happens in this show
Attack on Titan is "characters that have hardly existed before show up, you learn about them, and then they die, and the protagonists clean up their mess, The Show"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's time for everyone's favorite show about cannibal tentacle monsters. :dance:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I like the people zipping around on wires, I really liked the whole mystery of the titans (especially in the 2nd season ed). I really don't like most of the spoilers I've read (lol ymir) and it seems like the show consistently acts like side characters have had more screentime than they actually got (marcooo)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I still don't get WHY Bertholdt and Reiner led that attack on Wall Maria. Like aren't they humans too? Why do they want to wipe out humanity?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
And then we go from AoT, which I've stopped caring about, to Tokyo poo poo that I'd wish would loving drop dead already.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Argus Zant posted:

you wanna go beat the tar out of some losers with no taste? i'll be the guy with the olive-green army jacket and wearing a tie like a Solid Snake headband; you can be the other character on the beat-em-up game cover art

Can I be Max from Streets of Rage 2

livingfruitvirus posted:

Exactly, but often times when dubs take longer to get over here, they can get the blu ray polished version in that time.

Fair enough. We would also get a version where they don't dim the flashy scenes to prevent seizures

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Arist posted:

isn't it. It's the best loving thing. It even beats out dinosaurs and whales crushing people underfoot, and drat that poo poo you'd think be hard to top

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
should I be guessing how many of these idiots are going to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I still don't get WHY Bertholdt and Reiner led that attack on Wall Maria. Like aren't they humans too? Why do they want to wipe out humanity?

Thats a mystery right now.

• Locked thread