Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sakurazuka posted:

No one cares about single player anymore grandad

I love the multiplayer in Breath of the Wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Why do we still have these boring trolls? BRING in the hot cool new trolls!

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Unlucky7 posted:

EVERYBODY SHUT UP

ARMS....

...Is good

No. It isn't good. At all.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Nintendo are the most incompetent developers ever. Between ARMs bad controls to the barren wasteland that is the open world in Zelda it makes you wonde

I agree with you on the Switch and Nintendo having their heads up their rear end, and are also completely incompetent, but Zelda BOTW is a fantastic game.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Utnayan posted:

No. It isn't good. At all.

Actually, it is. Very much so.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wandle Cax posted:

:yeah:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

eonwe posted:

the switch is good

The switch is very good. The games and peripherals are bad.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Infinitum posted:

Does ARMS have LEGS?

:lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laff

no it doesn't. it will be forgotten when splatoon 2 comes out which will be the best first party nintendo game ever until the next first party nintendo game comes out

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think the one where you fight Headlok is my favorite of the variant modes.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Empress Brosephine posted:

Nintendo are the most incompetent developers ever. Between ARMs bad controls

Does arms not have traditional controls? I thought it was said somewhere that it wouldn't all be motion controls, if not then that's pretty lame imo

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Don't take anything Brosephine says at face value

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ventana posted:

Does arms not have traditional controls? I thought it was said somewhere that it wouldn't all be motion controls, if not then that's pretty lame imo

It has traditional controls.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ventana posted:

You can play it with a regular controller. I've been using the pro controller and it feels fine.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Hmmmm so... I have a switch, but no games? Thanks for the sweet tablet from toys r us(for kids) Nintendo. Waiting on super MARIO WORLD!!!!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

nice meltdown

Rude!!!!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Did some MK8D local play with my brother on our Switches; amazingly hassle-free.

What are the recommended Switch carry cases right now? Dock or no dock; it doesn't matter, but room for the joycontroller adapter would be a plus.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hmmmm so... I have a switch, but no games? Thanks for the sweet tablet from toys r us(for kids) Nintendo. Waiting on super MARIO WORLD!!!!!!

Rude!!!!
your super annoying dude

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Honestly, Metroid is my favorite game series of all time. I have nearly ended every game and I play them all the time. I Super Metroid and bought an actual snes just to play it as it was and not have to go through a rom on the computer. I have multiple Metroid T-shirts and I bought a expensive rear end action figure of Samus. I mained her for years on Super Smash Bros and I have even submitted fan art into competitions (I got second place.) I still to this day can't believe the series is dead. I will literally never be over this.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Rude!!!!

Please stop melting down.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Rude!!!!

No-one is going to buy you a red-text SMW avatar, so you can stop now.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

The switch is very good. The games and peripherals are bad.

The Switch is good enough but could be better. The peripherals are sometimes good and sometimes bad, and always expensive. The games are okay so far except Zelda which is GOAT in my book, although it could also be better. That's my lukewarm take for the Switch thread!

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
nice meltdown

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Wandle Cax posted:

Yep it is sorry Internet people. It's ok if you don't like it though but don't speak for me.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Took my Switch to a total strangers house and brought my joycon grip handles [i] just because[/it] and we had a great time playing Mario Kart. They loved how it worked/how comfortable the controllers were.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: Nice Meltdown

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

chaleski posted:

Don't take anything Brosephine says at face value

I like to keep him at ARMS length

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bill Barber posted:

your super annoying dude

Him and Infinitum really make this thread a chore to read.

Get him going about amiibo spoofers, that poo poo is gold.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wait what'd I do? :nyoron:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Mace Bacon posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: Nice Meltdown

How about a compromise: This meltdown would be nice on the switch?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

guys i need advice what power supply or usb connector will most efficiently melt down my switch?!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

the one that comes in the box with the switch

there's a reason nobody is touching that poo poo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mace Bacon posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: Taking up ARMS against each-other.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

From Vooks

quote:

While you can walk into most stores in Australia and buy a Switch right now, in American and Japan things are a little harder.

Things are so dire in Japan that this weekend stores have started to offer a lottery to would be Switch-purchasers. Hundreds are lining up simply for the chance and those odds aren’t great either with some stores reportedly only having about 40 units. The neon coloured Switch (as you can see in the image below) is in greater supply.

Start of the line -> End of the line

Raffle ticket results. Bottom are Neon Switches

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: Taking up ARMS against each-other.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEDDDDDD

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: This thread is cumming to ARMS

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
A farewell to ARMS.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

From Vooks

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEDDDDDD

I'm kinda surprised they're not trying to import Switches from Australia at this point if the shortages are that bad.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Infinitum posted:

From Vooks

That is a lot of scalpers.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The last time I saw a Nintendo console in stock on a physical store shelf was when Target had a kick rear end exclusive SNES + Kirby Super Star pack in deal. Pre-order, quit your job so you can camp out for one, or don't bother. Same as ever.

Lines of nothing but scalpers are definitely a real thing because when I camped out for my Wii and got one a bunch of other people in line were genuinely angry that I was going to take mine home and play it and told me I was "pissing my money away".

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jun 4, 2017

Wendell
May 11, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

Him and Infinitum really make this thread a chore to read.

Get him going about amiibo spoofers, that poo poo is gold.

There's no way that Infinitum, who posts genuinely, is as bad as the shitposters.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah! I'm a genuine piece of poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Legendarily so, apparently!

• Locked thread