Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Tace Vim posted:

I wonder how the constitution and laws etc would be different if the founding fathers of America had foreseen this lunacy?

Honestly, I think they did, it's just that the statutes they put in aren't really interpreted in the correct way anymore.

Y'all are allowed to own guns so you can collectively overthrow the government if needs be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Beautiful

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Captain Splendid posted:

Honestly, I think they did, it's just that the statutes they put in aren't really interpreted in the correct way anymore.

Y'all are allowed to own guns so you can collectively overthrow the government if needs be.

Nah, there's all these gigantic legal immunities specific to the president/vice president that basically nobody ever thought to make into law because everybody assumed "well OBVIOUSLY, really dumb and blatantly malign people would never get elected" and it's been pure luck we never got the very bottom end of the bell curve of the human race before now lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
pennsylvania lol

http://pennrecord.com/stories/511118527-new-bill-would-make-gun-owners-protected-class-under-state-human-rights-act

quote:

Pennsylvania is considering making gun owners a protected class of citizens with proposed changes to the Pennsylvania Human Rights Act (PHRA).

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Not too surprised, lotta NRA types here throughout central PA. Pennsyltucky. But still, this is attempting the weird fanaticism for guns into legislation

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871325606901895168

Here he goes again. He can't just be quiet and golf, he has to further beat a dead horse first

Also bot armies out in force in the comments

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871328428963901440

*thwack, thawck, thump*

Revins fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jun 4, 2017

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
stop being politically correct. i was upset by what a comedian said, i must destroy her for being so rude to me

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

L O L at republicans playing right into the hands of the terrorists every goddamn time. what a bunch of pussies.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
I'm pretty much done with entertaining republican bullshit. That "PROTECTED GUN OWNERS" thing is loving stupid and I hope the kids of the people voting for it get shot by a white gunman.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

It is like something a 5 year old would draw, nothing insightful adding to discourse. Just the visual equivalent of

" Huh duh Trump good Trump strong Trump big, better than tiny Obama"

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

I love that this "60 day ban" has already been 60 days since it was attempted to be introduced and they are now trying to push it through the Supreme Court. It's hilarious and makes it more obvious of its true intents. Trump is such an narcissistic idiot with no idea on how policy is formed and why it is formed. He just thinks that he should get what he wants when he wants it like an infant.

The fact that he is now latching on to last nights attack to try to propagandize that tragedy for his xenophobic bullshit "policy" is just further proof of his complete lack of empathy and compassion for anyone other than himself.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Plavski posted:

stop being politically correct. i was upset by what a comedian said, i must destroy her for being so rude to me

Have you ever been Kathy Griffin? Lisa Lampanelli's giant vagina could tell better jokes. Hell, Amy Schumer is a non-stop laugh riot compared to her. There wasn't much to destroy.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Jukebox Hero posted:

"PROTECTED GUN OWNERS"

why are the citizens of the "home of the brave" so goddamn scared of EVERYTHING

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i didn't think it could get dumber than alabama or whoever making cops a protected class despite the fact that crimes against cops are already punished more harshly.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871331574649901056

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

:hmbol:

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

how do uk gun laws work???????????????????????????????

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
It really is wonderful that that we get this stream of consciousness insight into his (lack of) thought process.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i love how right wing media has just broken people's ability to think.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Plavski posted:

how do uk gun laws work???????????????????????????????

Generally:

-"Can I have a gun?"
-"No."

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

L O L at republicans playing right into the hands of the terrorists every goddamn time. what a bunch of pussies.

lol, sometimes i wonder how much consciousness republicans & terrorists have in this game that they play

if they swapped fruit baskets with a note reading "thank you for the reprisals that forward our political agenda" i'd have to admire their self-consciousness

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

terries 100 percent know what they're doing. right wingers are just enormous dumbasses and have the minds have children so they can't connect related events and facts (see trumpster's tweet above).

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Captain Splendid posted:

Generally:

-"Can I have a gun?"
-"No."

what a shame o-donnie-boy-the-pipes-the-pipes-are-calling doesn't have anyone around to tell him that

and there's literally no way for the president to find out that information before tweeting

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax

Mmm yeh that's the morning lol I was looking for lmao

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
What is trump trying to say?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Captain Splendid posted:

Generally:

-"Can I have a gun?"
-"No."

it's fine if you own more than an acre or two, but it's registered and locked up (and usually only a small shotgun)

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

plain blue jacket posted:

Like for reals,

Yes Trump ,we aren't having a gun debate.

It's like

"Notice that we aren't​ debating that it's raining, that's because the sun is out"

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol. Just loving go golfing dude

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Captain Splendid posted:

Generally:

-"Can I have a gun?"
-"No."

-"Do you want to kill American Squirrels?"
-"gently caress Yes"
-"Approved"

The process in my lovely area of England. We have had a rampage or two sadly.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Good thing we're not having a debate in our democratic society. We might get exposed to other people's ideas and discover new solutions! I'd say we dodged a bullet, but bullets are GOOD!

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax

Either he's arguing for the institution of the Meiji Sword Ban, or he's advocating the creation of an American Samurai class to protect our great nation from terrorisms.

lol

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

That you don't need guns to commit a terrorist attack...

...neglecting to mention that the UK's strict gun laws probably helped to prevent more bloodshed.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

ambient robot posted:

Either he's arguing for the institution of the Meiji Sword Ban, or he's advocating the creation of an American Samurai class to protect our great nation from terrorisms.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1jRNX-mAVQ

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he can't make the connection between the attackers using knives and vans cuz they can't get guns. he's trying to say why do we debate guns??? they'd just use knives and cars!!

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Yeah if those fuckheads had guns it'd have been a hundred more horrific

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Also, gun ownership is a final check-and-balance built into the constitution that a lot of liberals didn't appreciate until all our other checks-and-balances started disappearing about 120 days ago.

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

no, without gun laws there would be a Hero American who shoots all the terrorists and S-ranks the mission with zero casualties

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Plavski posted:

what a shame o-donnie-boy-the-pipes-the-pipes-are-calling doesn't have anyone around to tell him that

and there's literally no way for the president to find out that information before tweeting

I'm p sure his point is that gun laws don't prevent attacks but who loving knows what his dumb rear end is thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

"trucks and knives are real dangerous!!"

e: "gun control actually works real good after all!!"

e: "look at me im a big fat dumb idiot!!"