Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Eela6 posted:

I love this show and I kind of hate myself for loving it.

Yes, I'm Kazuma.

Edit: wait, this is it? I need more of these lovable idiots and their "adventures"

Sorry, that's it. :( You could look for the novels. There are about 5 "seasons" worth of content in the novels (10 volumes). The first two volumes (that make up season 1) are officially translated and they include things that weren't in the anime, so they are worth a read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Nalin posted:

Sorry, that's it. :( You could look for the novels. There are about 5 "seasons" worth of content in the novels (10 volumes). The first two volumes (that make up season 1) are officially translated and they include things that weren't in the anime, so they are worth a read.

Thanks, but I think I'll pass for now. Most of my enjoyment of this was the visual comedy and voice acting.

I don't know if it woild br the same without Aqua puking up rainbows or kazuma's hand... thing.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eela6 posted:

Thanks, but I think I'll pass for now. Most of my enjoyment of this was the visual comedy and voice acting.

I don't know if it woild br the same without Aqua puking up rainbows or kazuma's hand... thing.
I remember reading Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya after watching the anime and, wouldn't you know, I couldn't get Tomokazu Sugita, Aya Hirano and Minori Chihara's voices out of my head at all. Same happened with the Monogatari novels* and the My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. Sometimes even if you try, it's really hard to unhear a character's voice.

*(At least until NisiOisin started doing his trademark NisiOisin trick and tried to be cute (or insufferably :smug:, it's hard to say sometimes with that guy) about it and started making meta references to Yui Horie, Eri Kitamura and Yuka Iguchi. Funnily enough, that killed it.)

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Wark Say posted:

I remember reading Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya after watching the anime and, wouldn't you know, I couldn't get Tomokazu Sugita, Aya Hirano and Minori Chihara's voices out of my head at all. Same happened with the Monogatari novels* and the My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. Sometimes even if you try, it's really hard to unhear a character's voice.

Not really a bad thing, though. Honestly, if a certain VA's portrayal of a certain character sticks with you that hard, that just shows how great that portrayal was.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I keep repeating 'yes, I'm Kazuma' to myself like an idiot. I don't know why it's still so funny.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I think she looks too affectionate toward him.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Did you go to the second pic?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
What the heck is this half-assed not bare-assed cosplay

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

What the heck is this half-assed not bare-assed cosplay

Still good tho.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Reading the fifth volume makes me sad because I can clearly picture all of these gags animated.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Wait is no third season confirmed?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Yep, there is no third season. Gotta read the novels if you want more. Volume 5 is Megumin's weird village. Volume 6 is about Kazuma corrupting the young and innocent. That is the third season.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

drilldo squirt posted:

I believe the studio said no third season for the foreseeable future.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

drilldo squirt posted:

At least not for this nor next year, no. From what I've read, both the novels and the anime sold fairly well, plus merch on figurines and nendos also did quite well. I'm thinking that they're not gonna let this gravy train stop so easily.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nalin posted:

Yep, there is no third season. Gotta read the novels if you want more. Volume 5 is Megumin's weird village. Volume 6 is about Kazuma corrupting the young and innocent. That is the third season.

SOLD.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I read those and can confirm they are very funny, though weird in some parts.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Are the official translations for the novels decent? I tried looking at a fan translation once, but even I am not generous enough to make it all the way through that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was pleased to discover the first two light novels at my local Barnes & Noble. Grabbed the first volume, need to give it a read to figure out how I feel about the translation.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

drilldo squirt posted:

I read those and can confirm they are very funny, though weird in some parts.

Weird as in creepy/questionable?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Raxivace posted:

Are the official translations for the novels decent? I tried looking at a fan translation once, but even I am not generous enough to make it all the way through that.

Yes. The official translations are quite good.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I bought the EPUB version to have a look, and I'm annoyed because the character stats illustrations is so compressed that even when I export it out of the ebook and blow it up, I can't read the darn thing.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mokinokaro posted:

Yes. The official translations are quite good.
Awesome, I think I'll pick up the ebook versions then.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Raxivace posted:

Awesome, I think I'll pick up the ebook versions then.

There was some debate in the thread a few pages back, some people don't agree. I haven't read them though, so :shrug:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

There was some debate in the thread a few pages back, some people don't agree. I haven't read them though, so :shrug:

The debate was more show vs novels than the quality of the translations. The novels don't quite capture the same energy as the anime.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

serefin99 posted:

Not really a bad thing, though. Honestly, if a certain VA's portrayal of a certain character sticks with you that hard, that just shows how great that portrayal was.

Reading the cut chapters in volume 1 and 2 in all the voice actors voices was really great, although I had to make up ones for the party swap since none of them stuck with me from the show when they appeared as nods.

The novels aren't the complete package the show is but it does satisfy me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man KonoSuba of all things is causing me to make the jump to e-readers.

I was just going to just read it on my phone but it is too small to properly contain the power of Explosion and I just can't stand for that!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I hope the printed version takes advantage of the nature of the medium and has Explosion chants take up several pages (mostly whitespace) for effect.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ccKqwFUwNI

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Baron Putankin sounds amazing and should be in an episode. :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I'll take Konosuba Season 3: The Adventures of Baron Putankin.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

In short

https://twitter.com/ucockay/status/871741633636605953

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

nielsm posted:

I hope the printed version takes advantage of the nature of the medium and has Explosion chants take up several pages (mostly whitespace) for effect.

Most of the chants are actually super short in the printed novels.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yet another reason why the anime is better

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Most of the chants are actually super short in the printed novels.

reading actually takes as long or as short as you want it to be so you could take weeks reading the chants in the book if you like

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

reading actually takes as long or as short as you want it to be so you could take weeks reading the chants in the book if you like

One of her explosions was literally just a sentence saying she was casting it because it didn't really matter. Some jokes don't work in print and that's one of them that wears quickly after the first few. I do miss the "This is Kazuma." Though.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I'm Kazuma.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

かずまです。

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
すみません。

Adbot