Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Hearthstone is a thing people actually give a poo poo about? :confused:

Glass Nexuses, stones, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

myron cope posted:

I think they should add Ragnaros, Lightlord to HotS. And Elise Starseeker

They really should've gone with Waterlord for Ragnaros for this beach theme they're doing. Instead of a big fire wave it's a big ocean wave, and you can have the music be like a mix of Wipeout and that like really fast guitar noise they do for gnarly waves, instead of Rag shouting BY FIRE BE PURGED

They could've translated his animations and moves SO WELL to a water theme, it's actually a little shocking they didn't

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

SirSamVimes posted:

please no, keep him consigned to his one game. do not let the cancer spread

He's going to be someone's passive. Or he's going to show up and own everyone on blackhearts during an april fools

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Macaluso posted:

They really should've gone with Waterlord for Ragnaros for this beach theme they're doing. Instead of a big fire wave it's a big ocean wave, and you can have the music be like a mix of Wipeout and that like really fast guitar noise they do for gnarly waves, instead of Rag shouting BY FIRE BE PURGED

They could've translated his animations and moves SO WELL to a water theme, it's actually a little shocking they didn't

I mean a Waterlord already exists.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SirSamVimes posted:

I mean a Waterlord already exists.

Yeah but Blizzard probably wants people to actually want to play the character

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Or he's going to show up and own everyone on blackhearts during an april fools

I never knew I wanted this until now.

Edit: suddenly wondered what he sounded like in other languages, and I have to say I am delighted that they crammed in an "arrrr" in any language it could possibly make sense. :allears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axC2wYWy5wc

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 4, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Power Bottom posted:

I bring gifts.

I don't know why I did this

Av size if someone wants it

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
It's a good feeling when you play Chen and it all starts making sense. What a lovely hero.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Infinitum posted:

You're doing the lords work my son, wish I had some disposable cash for that avatar.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Infinitum posted:

Hell, its about time.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

exquisite tea posted:

For the most part they closely follow their characterizations in D3 but they were never specific named characters until HotS. This is further complicated by some loot in D3 later being named after the class heroes in HotS (Johanna's Argument, Valla's Bequest, etc.).

Going by the descriptions on their Master skins, both Xul and Cassia are actually the D2 Necro/Amazon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can't wait for the next Unit 01 skin

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

If they add a hearthstone character it should be Han'cho not that loser Aya

IDGI either.
But I opened Darth Vader Leroic so I'm happy.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

Eva skins for lost vikings

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Disappointed Father Gendo Ikari as a Leoric skin with a voice interaction whenever Shinji Genji dies or an enemy escapes with low health

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
If you don't play D.Va with her Asuka skin you are a piece of garbage

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Until they give her Goliath mech the original Starcraft voice lines, yes.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I honestly hate the Goliath D.va skin. It looks nothing like a goliath.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Power Bottom posted:

I honestly hate the Goliath D.va skin. It looks nothing like a goliath.

It doesn't sound anything like a Goliath either.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Goliath D.va looks just enough like a Timber Wolf / Mad Cat that I can pretend, and that's all that matters.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Infinitum posted:

And your work goes to the nobody.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Turncoat Mommy posted:

And your work goes to the nobody.

Use it wisely

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Infinitum posted:

They have one for loving Probius. At least the other ones kind of actually look like Unit 01. It's like they accidentally bought too much purple/green paint and have to use it all up before it goes bad.

There aren't any Unit 01 color scheme mounts are there? It's really satisfying to make your horsie match your little shooty mans dressup. I got the neutron star lord Leoric (black/white) and he looks fantastic on a zebra.

edit: I finally got enough gold and bought Zeratul. I rarely see him in matches and was wondering if there are any tips or tricks yall have. If I Void Prison an objective, can I still gather/channel it?

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 5, 2017

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

p-hop posted:

They have one for loving Probius. At least the other ones kind of actually look like Unit 01. It's like they accidentally bought too much purple/green paint and have to use it all up before it goes bad.

There aren't any Unit 01 color scheme mounts are there? It's really satisfying to make your horsie match your little shooty mans dressup. I got the neutron star lord Leoric (black/white) and he looks fantastic on a zebra.

There's one in the mechanical tab that's purple and black with green highlights. I crafted it to go with Genji and it looks pretty good, but it was 1600 shards if that matters to you.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
I randomed Zeratul, and I too am eager to stealth around like a doofus, teleport into a teamfight, and dissolve like wet tissue paper. Pointers would definitely be welcome. :)

Also Gul'dan, what do you all like on Gul'Dan all his talents seem really cool but I haven't taken him out for a spin yet

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Don't teleport into fights, engage from your mount and save the teleport to get out of a fight after you get your moves off. Try to move around the map as though you're completely visible; the less action taking place in someone's direct vicinity, the more likely it is they'll spot your shimmer.

Zeratul early game : rotate between lanes and try to get easy kills. Favor lanes with friendly heroes that have strong CC like Kerrigan.

Zeratul mid-late game : burst low HP enemies to secure kills, and set up kill windows with Void Prism by splitting an enemy team (six seconds where a team fight is 5v3 instead of 5v5, for example), or try the occasional wombo combo (hard to do in QM) with other ults like Diablo's Apocalypse or Jaina's Ring of Frost. Remember you can press R again to release the VP early to sync it with another ult.

Also if your team is on the receiving end of a VP one of the best counter plays can be to move into it so that you're 'protected' until it's over.

For Guldan, I like the Q talents at 1 and 16 (the first talent will actually increase it's length slightly), Improved Life Tap at 4, the extra spell damage at 7, and usually Healthstone at 13.

You have possibly the best wave clear in the game so always be wiping up waves as you move around the map and try to practice your life draining so that you never have to back. Getting a full life drain off on a full health minion or map objective will restore a huge amount to you, and you should also try to get a feel for when you need to retreat or when you can afford to stand still and get smashed in the face while you drain their life.

Minor note : Auriel is your best friend in the world. I'm pretty sure no other hero charges her faster than a good Gul'dan.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I just had a game where every time Dva's mech exploded I got credit for my rear end in a top hat Tracer takedown quest, even when she was across the loving map. The first 5-ish minutes of the game I hadn't even seen her yet and got 4 takedown credits.

edit: Didn't actually get any assists/kills, just the credit for the quest.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

p-hop posted:

There aren't any Unit 01 color scheme mounts are there?

Ghost speeder has a green/purple scheme.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
How are you supposed to play Kerrigan? Tried a few games in QM since she's free this week, and it was a miserable experience. I just got blown up whenever I tried to engage, and with no escape mechanism, I wasn't getting out.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
I'm sure better players than me will chime in, but I put some time into trying to figure out basically the exact same thing w/ Kerrigan this weekend. Short version is, as much as she looks like an engage hero with the massive range on her Q, she's first and foremost a squishy, and she won't really perform without a team backing her up (particularly, a Tank who can actually engage, and hopefully peel for you).

That being said, her ult does give her a surprising amount of survivability, and can make some dives possible, but you have to find the right time to use it. Since she gets an Assimilation shield whenever she does damage (AAs or abilities), if your Maelstrom is hitting lots of heroes (and ideally a minion wave as well) you will have enough shield to survive quite a lot. (If you go all in on this, with Aggressive Defence at 16 and the Omegastorm upgrade to the ult at 20, I imagine you will be quite hard to kill - again, in those ideal circumstances).

Use her Q to chase, to leap over front-line heroes and pounce on squishy casters, to do surprising things by jumping over walls. If you're smarter than me you can effect some impressive escapes by Ravaging to things like walls, merc camps, minion waves...
One thing you can build for is sustained minion-killing: with Siphoning Impact at 1 and Clean Kill at 4, plus the innate "cooldown resets if it kills the target" Ravage lets Kerrigan top off her health basically any time she has access to enemy minions. She shines on maps with objectives that require killing lots of weak individual enemies (Shrines definitely, Mines & Sky Temple I would assume).
Other than that her combo is 'set down Impaling Blades (W), pull enemies into the stun w/ Primal Grasp (E),' in that order. So W, then E - real simple, but it's versatile, disruptive, and can set up some very quick kills.

Most of this I got from CavalierGuest's breakdown (outdated, but I assume the basic principles still hold): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odVC6dBuaQ0
and FollowGrubby shows her off well here (and does some entertaining things w/ the Ultralisk ult instead of Maelstrom): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvk6ZvoBxSw

Don't know how true this is, or how much it's a subjective evaluation, but one of those two (I forget which) asserts that she's definitely an early-game hero. Presumably a lot of her power is in the laning phase, with her potential to harass and set up ganks. So if your team can't secure (and hang on to) an early lead, she'll probably be less of a presence in later teamfights. That's the sort of thing that it's still really hard for me to evaluate, though, so :geno:

Edit:

Much obliged! This all sounds like really helpful stuff.

Ghost of Starman fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 5, 2017

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Kerrigan is my favourite hero but she can be frustrating in QM for two reasons : 1) like a lot of melee assassins, you're not nearly as effective without a tank as you are with one, and 2) you can only set up kills, you can't secure them.

If you're brand new to Kerrigan you need to practice the W -> E combo (there's a two year old Youtube from Fan about it which is probably still accurate). Look for heroes that push forward or otherwise move out of position and immediately combo them to pull them further out of position and set up the kill. Hopefully you have teammates nearby who can follow through - if you don't then you probably shouldn't have bothered with the attack unless your target is really low.

I haven't actually played her much lately but from recalling various streamer comments and looking at hotslogs I think there are two main builds :

On Infernal Shrines take Siphoning Impact - Clean Kill - Momentum - Maelstrom - Double Strike - Aggressive Defense - Bolt of the Storm, and on all other maps take the same talents except your 1 and 4 are Sharpened Blades and Fury of the Swarm. I remember multiple streamers saying the only map she's draftable on is Shrines, but obviously in QM it doesn't really matter.

You should be careful about using Q to engage. You can use it as an escape in a pinch by jumping to minions, but generally it's better to use as a follow up when your target starts running away on low HP. I will say that one of my favourite talents in the game is Eviscerate at 13, which increases the range of your Q by a huge 40%. It may not be the best 13 talent but launching yourself halfway across the screen to kill a target looks and feels loving awesome!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kalko posted:

On Infernal Shrines take Siphoning Impact - Clean Kill - Momentum - Maelstrom - Double Strike - Aggressive Defense - Bolt of the Storm, and on all other maps take the same talents except your 1 and 4 are Sharpened Blades and Fury of the Swarm. I remember multiple streamers saying the only map she's draftable on is Shrines, but obviously in QM it doesn't really matter.

I strongly advise taking range on Q at 13 over doublestrike. No one can play safely around you after the range upgrade. Plus doublestrike isn't as good on her because she has to combo her moves together instead of being able to weave auto attacks between each ability. Doublestrike is good mainly if all the targets you'd care to hit are melee.

Also the immolation aura after E at 4 is generally better than the cleave on AA unless cleave is bugged to trigger battle momentum multiple times. This happens something like every other patch.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 5, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Sjonkel posted:

I just got blown up whenever I tried to engage

Found your problem.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

bamhand posted:

I strongly advise taking range on Q at 13 over doublestrike. No one can play safely around you after the range upgrade. Plus doublestrike isn't as good on her because she has to combo her moves together instead of being able to weave auto attacks between each ability. Doublestrike is good mainly if all the targets you'd care to hit are melee.

Also the immolation aura after E at 4 is generally better than the cleave on AA unless cleave is bugged to trigger battle momentum multiple times. This happens something like every other patch.

I actually do always take the range at 13 and pulse at 4 but I was going off highest picks on hotslogs when I wrote that. I was actually surprised because I did think my choices were better but I thought maybe I was out of touch having not played her much lately.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Sjonkel posted:

How are you supposed to play Kerrigan? Tried a few games in QM since she's free this week, and it was a miserable experience. I just got blown up whenever I tried to engage, and with no escape mechanism, I wasn't getting out.

She needs a rework badly, so this is not a surprising experience, unfortunately.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If you take the jump to allies with Q talent, she suddenly grows an escape. Still, Kerrigan isn't great atm. Play Greymane instead.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Has kerrigan ever been great? She's had the same problems since end of beta

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Has kerrigan ever been great? She's had the same problems since end of beta

She's always had a place in gank comps on small maps when paired with a Diablo or a Tyrande.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
They upped her damage one patch and she was grossly overpowered for a bit. Then they nerfed it back in line and she's been meh since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I always thought she had a really awkward kit. It's more like a bruiser's but she's an assassin.