Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
The cowardice of the Ulama and the Merchants is incredible. The Almoravids break our ancient alliance, approach our enemy France, beheads our diplomats and challenges our expansion in the New World, and you're all bending over to lick their boots. It seems the motion to attack France is winning, and i already said i'm in favor of that war too, so we won't fight the moroccans for now. But our friends they ain't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Frionnel posted:

The cowardice of the Ulama and the Merchants is incredible. The Almoravids break our ancient alliance, approach our enemy France, beheads our diplomats and challenges our expansion in the New World, and you're all bending over to lick their boots. It seems the motion to attack France is winning, and i already said i'm in favor of that war too, so we won't fight the moroccans for now. But our friends they ain't.

See how much nicer that looks. Just a suggestion...

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Uh, the merchants are mostly lining up behind rebuilding the navy so

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Ah, sorry, thought mr TildeATH was in the merchants. Didn't realize he was a stain on my own faction.

VVVV :agreed:

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 4, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
We need mechanics to duel our fellow Majlis. :colbert:

Then the loser can spend the rest of that Sultan's reign in the Ghost Faction.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Frionnel posted:

Do you think the Moroccan is to be admired and looked up to? Do you think they are to be copied in their deeds, used as an inspiration, an example of what we wish to be? The Moroccans insulted us and then got involved in a foolish alliance, much like ours with the Celts. Insulting them, threatening war with them, these are the actions which sink to that level and lower. If you would wish us not to follow the Moroccan example, be better than the Moroccans. Do not follow their example, set a better one. Where they are petty and shortsighted, be magnanimous. Where they are petulant and throw tantrums, be mature and wise. Do not sink down to them, rebuke them for their folly and raise them up to our level instead.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

AJ_Impy posted:

Do you think the Moroccan is to be admired and looked up to? Do you think they are to be copied in their deeds, used as an inspiration, an example of what we wish to be? The Moroccans insulted us and then got involved in a foolish alliance, much like ours with the Celts. Insulting them, threatening war with them, these are the actions which sink to that level and lower. If you would wish us not to follow the Moroccan example, be better than the Moroccans. Do not follow their example, set a better one. Where they are petty and shortsighted, be magnanimous. Where they are petulant and throw tantrums, be mature and wise. Do not sink down to them, rebuke them for their folly and raise them up to our level instead.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

It ain't the Ulama who made the whole Muslim world hate us. The Taifas are having a real crisis of self at the moment, and when you find yourself lost, remember to pray to the east and think for a second. Only then can you clear your mind and find an answer.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

I do believe we should be better than the Moroccan. We shall prove that on the battlefield, and by making their realm disappear from the map.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Mr_Autoshades posted:

Proposing The Coming Storm Act: Mandating that we spend the time we need to in order to recoup our military force(Land & Naval) and manpower up to pre-war levels, and prepare for the inevitable powder keg that is Europe to Ignite. When the conflict breaks out we should declare war on France in an endeavor to further Cripple France's ability to war with Al-Andalus.

Reasoning:
- We Beat France once but I highly doubt that we'll be able to do it again if they get better allies (Like the Almoravids)
- We want to avoid any Military adventures until it can do the most good for the Sultanate
- France Is going to Start Colonizing eventually, the fewer resources they have at home means the less they have to do so.
- We probably won't get a better opportunity to kick France in the Teeth
- I'm pretty sure the King of France said something rude about your mother

edit: Also as an Aside What the hell was the Al-Andalus Navy doing up in the Channel?

This is The Feel Good policy of the year! Make sure to take the whole family!

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

AJ_Impy posted:

I propose a continued Coalition between the Ulama and the Loyalists in order to support the Rebel Suppression Act.

Supporting this

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Captain Oblivious posted:

I, Qaptin Al-Blivious, propose that we move the capital to Tulaytullah, and take steps to develop it further as befitting its status as the City of Sultans!

We cannot govern from a position of weakness, and while Cadiz will always be in our hearts as the birthplace of the Jizrunids, may Allah bless them, Tulaytullah is the city befitting the times.

I forgot to ask, does this count as a coalition with my proposal, as Toledo and Tulaytullah are the same city said with different languages?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I forgot to ask, does this count as a coalition with my proposal, as Toledo and Tulaytullah are the same city said with different languages?

Honestly I didn't see that you suggested it :v:

Otherwise yeah I'd have proposed it as a coalition, but it also probably doesn't warrant a coalition. One faction could handle that policy.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 4, 2017

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Honestly I didn't see that you suggested it :v:

Otherwise yeah I'd have proposed it as a coalition, but it also probably doesn't warrant a coalition. One faction could handle that policy.

I was actually thinking the same thing, a coalition might bring it to ruin. (you should switch to the Ulama on the sly and make our dream come to fruition.)

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Policies right now:

paragon1 posted:

Once again, I propose The Army Expansion Act, that we construct barracks and regimental camps in many provinces so as to increase the troops available to the army.

paragon1, RZApublican, TildeATH, Yvonmukluk, everydayfalls, Technowolf, Aeromancia.

Archaeology Hat posted:

I propose a motion to Build Lots of Castles - stating that the Sultan be given a mandate to build as many forts and castles as it takes to properly secure the territories of Al Andalus against invaders.

Archaeology Hat.

Frionnel posted:

Proposing the Almoravid Aggression Act: As soon as our manpower recovers, declare war on Morocco with the aim of taking the Caribbean and, if the war score allows, the provinces on the strait of Gibraltar, starting with Tangiers and Ceuta. The Sultan is free to choose the time and define what is a satifsying amount of manpower

Frionnel, Snipee, Lord Cyrahzax.

Mr_Autoshades posted:

Proposing The Coming Storm Act: Mandating that we spend the time we need to in order to recoup our military force(Land & Naval) and manpower up to pre-war levels, and prepare for the inevitable powder keg that is Europe to Ignite. When the conflict breaks out we should declare war on France in an endeavor to further Cripple France's ability to war with Al-Andalus.

Mr_Autoshades, catlord, Luhood, ThatBasqueGuy, Dick Trauma.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I propose that we Centralize the Government, as in move our capital to the center of Iberia, Toledo. We cant lead from the bottom forever from the easily raid-able and recently burnt down current capital.

Ralepozozaxe, Slaan.

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Naval Reconstitution Act: Bring our navy back up to its former strength as soon as possible, then expand it as feasible until it can beat France's navy.

GunnerJ, Talas, Mikl, WilliamAnderson, Ikasuhito.

Soup du Jour posted:

Bringing back my proposal from last time, mandating at least one Weapons Manufactory built, with more as money permits. This should be a period of consolidation, and increasing our cash flow and showing off our infrastructure is an excellent way to do so. Plus, it gets us ahead of the game for manufactories.

Soup du Jour, Alikchi.

I, Qaptin Al-Blivious, propose that we move the capital to Tulaytullah, and take steps to develop it further as befitting its status as the City of Sultans!
We cannot govern from a position of weakness, and while Cadiz will always be in our hearts as the birthplace of the Jizrunids, may Allah bless them, Tulaytullah is the city befitting the times.

Captain Oblivious.

Mountaineer posted:

I propose that we renew the old alliance with Morocco. Let's not allow petty disputes to blind our good judgment. We stand the risk of becoming isolated from the rest of the Muslim world thanks to the so-called Caliph in Armenia, an alliance with Morocco will be good insurance against that.

Mountaineer.

LordGugs posted:

I propose the Crown Lands Act, with this act, all territory governed by the Nobility, Merchants, and the Church shall be evaluated and those that would help His Majesty in this time of internal strife shall be taken from those estates.
Basically bring down land controlled by the estates to the minimum cap.

LordGugs.

---

Proposed coalitions:

Merchants and Ulema

Viola the Mad posted:

I, Sheikha Rabab bint Rabab al-Majnun, propose the Western Muslim Brotherhood Act: Let us try to mend relations with the Almorovids as much as possible. Our mighty victories have cost us huge amounts of money (oh, and people I guess), and the last thing we need is another expensive war. If we must go to war, it should be with the vulnerable Christians, or even with this so-called caliphate in the East that dares to demand our allegiance. We have centuries of friendship with Morocco--we should not throw that away after one king made a foolish decision.

Merchants: Viola the Mad.
Ulema: The Lone Badger.

Ulema and Jizrunid Loyalists

AJ_Impy posted:

The Rebel Suppression Act: Any Christian region that has rebelled against the Sultan must be slated for Conversion as a priority. In addition, we must seek to improve relations with our Muslim neighbours and overseas brethren so that we are free to avenge our naval losses against France and be ready to sack Paris again if they try anything.

Ulema: AJ_Impy, tunapirate.
Loyalists:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Also, I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but if the Majlis wants to get involved in the coming religious wars in Europe, we can join either the Evangelical Union (Protestants) or Bavaria's league (Catholics). Alternatively, we could just wait for it to break out then attack, but then without our own allies, essentially what the Coming Storm Act proposes.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

AJ_Impy posted:

The Rebel Suppression Act: Any Christian region that has rebelled against the Sultan must be slated for Conversion as a priority. In addition, we must seek to improve relations with our Muslim neighbours and overseas brethren so that we are free to avenge our naval losses against France and be ready to sack Paris again if they try anything.

Support

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Soup du Jour posted:

Bringing back my proposal from last time, mandating at least one Weapons Manufactory built, with more as money permits. This should be a period of consolidation, and increasing our cash flow and showing off our infrastructure is an excellent way to do so. Plus, it gets us ahead of the game for manufactories.

Support!

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Dear brothers in the League, I, Dansar rabb al'Ustul Alttijari, have traveled West to the Juzur al-Qarbiya and have returned. It has come to my attention that on the island of Quba, a large natural harbor exists in an area the natives call Havana. I, Dansar rabb al'Ustul Alttijari, propose that we colonize this harbor before the Almoravid Sultan claims it as his own. With the growing trade between us and the natives, having a large harbor will surely be a boon to us!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I encourage the Majlis, whatever they feel about our neighbors, to think of the coming time as one devoted to a training sequence. One where the person being trained is given a set of tasks that they fail to accomplish, and then are shown to be incrementally improving on to imply that a large amount of time has passed. At the end the person being trained is fully accomplished and ready to face the challenges before them.

I don't know what you would call such a thing, but I encourage you to think of it that way nonetheless.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Hashim posted:

Also, I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but if the Majlis wants to get involved in the coming religious wars in Europe, we can join either the Evangelical Union (Protestants) or Bavaria's league (Catholics). Alternatively, we could just wait for it to break out then attack, but then without our own allies, essentially what the Coming Storm Act proposes.

I, Lutfi al-Uthman of the New Taifas, say that we Aim Opportunistically rather than joining either side of the conflict. By allying with Bavaria we're merely limiting ourselves to not getting anything out of it, which is far beneath what Andalusia should strive for. Let them have their conflict! We'll merely mop up what remains when France already has bled themselves dry.

Luhood fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 4, 2017

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Dance Officer posted:

Dear brothers in the League, I, Dansar rabb al'Ustul Alttijari, have traveled West to the Juzur al-Qarbiya and have returned. It has come to my attention that on the island of Quba, a large natural harbor exists in an area the natives call Havana. I, Dansar rabb al'Ustul Alttijari, propose that we colonize this harbor before the Almoravid Sultan claims it as his own. With the growing trade between us and the natives, having a large harbor will surely be a boon to us!

I'd want to do this but unfortunately the Taifas are in charge, the navy got kinda busted up in their last war, and it sounds like they're gearing up for more dumb wars so I feel like we at least need to have a navy in shape to deal with that.

Maybe when people start to wake up to the fact that the New World is where it's at, we'll be able to do two policies again. Or the Taifas will see the strategic value in projects like this (lol probs going to push to declare war on Armenia, Crusader Egypt, Morocco, and France at the same time or some dumb crap).

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The French have proven a paper tiger, the decadent fools of Morocco are isolated, and Europe is in flames, now is the hour friends!

Finish the Job Act
1. Prioritize the final annexation of Aragorn and Castile, along with all French holdings in Iberia.
2. The Sultan is granted broad mandate on how to accomplish this, including what constitutes sufficient manpower, when to attack (preferably when the French are distracted by the Catholics however), and what to build.
3. In order to lock down our reconquests, forts should be constructed action the Pyrenees as they are retaken, to stymie French advances.

Further, I encourage fellow Taifas to use our postal system in the future, so as to create the most comprehensive bills possible, rather than splitting ourselves into many pieces.

I would also remind them that while Moroccan colonies needs must be ours eventually, our hold on the Majils, and thus our chance to complete the Deconquista, will not last forever.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 4, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mr_Autoshades posted:

Reasoning:
- We Beat France once but I highly doubt that we'll be able to do it again if they get better allies (Like the Almoravids)
- We want to avoid any Military adventures until it can do the most good for the Sultanate
- France Is going to Start Colonizing eventually, the fewer resources they have at home means the less they have to do so.
- We probably won't get a better opportunity to kick France in the Teeth
- I'm pretty sure the King of France said something rude about your mother

edit: Also as an Aside What the hell was the Al-Andalus Navy doing up in the Channel?

Al-Andalus Tujjar Alshshay agree with this proposal; we are far too weak to try and attack the Moroccans; it would be wiser to ensure internal stability. The merchants will bring forward proposals to help fund this endeavor.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Session closed.:siren: Passed policies are the Army Expansion Act and the Coming Storm Act by the New Taifas, the Centralise the Government Act by the Ulema, the Naval Reconstitution Act by the Merchants and Soup's proposal by the Jizrunid Loyalists. No coalitions this time round.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Painting of the Session of 1555

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

:perfect:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Our country has been running pretty well even with the goons in the elite. Truly, the Cripple Kings are blessed by Allah.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Just look at all those classy gentleman.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Ralepozozaxe posted:

:five:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

They should have sent a poet. So beautiful.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
The one time I didn't vote. :negative: :smithicide:

EDIT: Because the group I'm in are a bunch of idiots for turning the entire Muslim religion against us.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

The one time I didn't vote. :negative: :smithicide:

EDIT: Because the group I'm in are a bunch of idiots for turning the entire Muslim religion against us.

Technically the majority of the Muslim religion turned against us on their own with no help from us.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

:five:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Hashim please put this in the OP.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

RZApublican posted:

Hashim please put this in the OP.

Done. Also added Flavius' art.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Technically the majority of the Muslim religion turned against us on their own with no help from us.

They got plenty of help from us beheading their envoys. :colbert:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I wish there was a Muslim version of the reformation, as we would definitely be the start of it. Probably like the Zikri and Yazidi from CK2.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I wish there was a Muslim version of the reformation, as we would definitely be the start of it. Probably like the Zikri and Yazidi from CK2.

There isn't a Muslim reformation, but there is the potential for the Sunni world to be divided into two big blocs - the Armenian and the Andalusi - later on down the road. Depends on a few things happening though, like us refusing to bend to the Vakhtani Caliphate.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Hashim posted:

There isn't a Muslim reformation, but there is the potential for the Sunni world to be divided into two big blocs - the Armenian and the Andalusi - later on down the road. Depends on a few things happening though, like us refusing to bend to the Vakhtani Caliphate.

Incidentally, what would have been the effects of acknowledging his authority? I mean with the choice already made it shouldn't be any danger in revealing it to us, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

They got plenty of help from us beheading their envoys. :colbert:

I'm alluding to the Armenians you bidoof, who comprise the vast majority of the Muslim world now that they've conquered most of it.

They were out to make us subservient regardless of anything we did.

Hashim posted:

Obviously what we need is custom events to form our own weird Muslim/Christian of the Sikh syncreticist movement, assuming we stay the tolerant course.