Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Speaking of the area, looks like Tony from Hot Rod Garage followed Finnegan's idea, and moved back home - to the North Wales area. Should drive by his shop with this thing until they figure out why it doesn't sound normal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

He's always lived up here, he flies to CA to shoot.

I met him at a drift event a couple weeks back, super chill dude.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

This thing looks fantastic.

Since it will see street use have you given any thought to vanity plates? They're probably taken but SNGLCAM or NONVTEC would be my .02

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.

honda whisperer posted:

This thing looks fantastic.

Since it will see street use have you given any thought to vanity plates? They're probably taken but SNGLCAM or NONVTEC would be my .02

I'd like v8tec but I doubt that is open, but SNGLCAM is a backup!

Bonus STANCE photo someone visiting the garage today snapped

tehk fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 16, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yeah that bonnet ain't going on again without some serious modification :aaaaa:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yeah that bonnet ain't going on again without some serious modification :aaaaa:

No poo poo. That's insane. What are your plans as far as a hood goes?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Polycarbonate bonnet, get the engine nice and warm before closing it.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

tehk posted:

I'd like v8tec but I doubt that is open, but SNGLCAM is a backup!

LS2000
S2454

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Beautifully subtle.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

TheFonz posted:

LS2000
S2454

S7400

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
2TC-1CAM

LS2000 is clearly the best choice here, I'm just reaching for a 2girls1cup reference.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 16, 2017

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.

fknlo posted:

No poo poo. That's insane. What are your plans as far as a hood goes?

Probably a hole in my Mugen hood, but I did do this with a plasma cutter and my stock hood last week

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
It is indeed available.

Bummed I didn't stop by Saturday. Crap. Soon.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Sorry guys I live in Jersey. Shop is in philly. TooSoon is awesome as well. Definitely want to give this a go. Blaise, we will work it out to get you over. drat holiday and family visiting ruined my car progress.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

tehk posted:

Probably a hole in my Mugen hood, but I did do this with a plasma cutter and my stock hood last week

The most ridiculous ///M power bump ever would probably be acceptable as well.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qayrFqklgFA

So I got her running. Now to grow the balls to put it into first gear.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

tehk posted:

:eyepop: :popeye: :eyepop: :popeye:

Jesus Christ.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

fknlo posted:

:eyepop: :popeye: :eyepop: :popeye:

Jesus Christ.

Yeah, at full bore it should be able to drive on water.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I literally can't like this enough. God drat. I hope you have enough room in your drivers seat for the balls it's going to take to push that to full throttle.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

tehk posted:

Mark Donohue posted:

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
RIP

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Horsepower:

"Adequate"

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

That doesn't even compute. That sound coming from that car?

loving awesome.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

gently caress yeah dumps coming out the hood.

Is the turbo braced anywhere? I would assume so since that's a ton of mass hanging off the end of a long pipe.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Larrymer posted:

gently caress yeah dumps coming out the hood.

Is the turbo braced anywhere? I would assume so since that's a ton of mass hanging off the end of a long pipe.

There are two braces coming off the heads but I've yet to finish welding them since I was waiting to get to this point so I could confirm no lines would be in the way

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

beep-beep car is go posted:

Horsepower:

"Adequate"

I think we might have beyond that to "A touch excessive"

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Holy mother of god. I knew it was gonna sound good, but...

nnnngggghhhhhhh.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Oh man it sounds scary even at idle. Please don't die.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The lovely "HOw DARE Yu TOUCH THE f20A ITS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR" comment while 454 LSX valve cover made an appearance was the best part. (apart from the giant turbos and v8 in tiny car)

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
HOOOOLY poo poo.

Sorry I haven't stopped by. Just PMd you. Your shop is too close to my house not to come over.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tehk posted:

Approved, the right amount of lumpy idle for a good V8

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

You Am I posted:

Approved, the right amount of lumpy idle for a good V8

The youtube says it clearly is broken with a lovely idle. Gonna have to trust this dude, I mean his name is Totally Legit Gaming. He's legit.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's not broken, it's just hot for teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OlAx4Dok38

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

That is too uncanny. I will never unhear it. Thanks

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Reminds me of people bitching about how I had my peripheral port rotary idling too low on a video I posted. LOL internet tuners.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

IOwnCalculus posted:

i'm playing both videos at the same time and it loving works

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

The guy I took drum lessons from in middle school was a huge 80s metal head and played this for me on his giant 9 piece drum kit with power toms and everything. Sounded loving awesome.

Almost as awesome as your car.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Don't worry Facebook knows even more than google. This dude has been on my nuts playing Columbo on my photos since someone reposted the car with a LSX454 tag

Unfortunately he is also clueless to the fact that you can have a aluminum block resleeved and GM performance LSX454 motors are actual piles of dogshit with tiny bores that make horrible boosted motors versus sleeved blocks up to 4.2 bore. The best one was in PMs where he discovered from my instagram that I was using head bolts rather than studs and he actually had a Monk epiphany and claimed I still had Displacement on Demand lifters and Variable Valve timing. When I told him I was risking stock head bolts because ARP headbolts havent worked out for me well in the past, and studs arent a option unless I like pulling the motor to pull a head he then went on a tangent about how the marker stains on the unopened Camaro 6.2 block I was using were the factory torque confirmation lines when I actuallly do those with a sharpie to assist with keeping track of torque angle. Every single page my poo poo shows up on he is there I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

tehk posted:

Don't worry Facebook knows even more than google. This dude has been on my nuts playing Columbo on my photos since someone reposted the car with a LSX454 tag

Unfortunately he is also clueless to the fact that you can have a aluminum block resleeved and GM performance LSX454 motors are actual piles of dogshit with tiny bores that make horrible boosted motors versus sleeved blocks up to 4.2 bore. The best one was in PMs where he discovered from my instagram that I was using head bolts rather than studs and he actually had a Monk epiphany and claimed I still had Displacement on Demand lifters and Variable Valve timing. When I told him I was risking stock head bolts because ARP headbolts havent worked out for me well in the past, and studs arent a option unless I like pulling the motor to pull a head he then went on a tangent about how the marker stains on the unopened Camaro 6.2 block I was using were the factory torque confirmation lines when I actuallly do those with a sharpie to assist with keeping track of torque angle. Every single page my poo poo shows up on he is there I love it.

Never stop posting this idiocy.

• Locked thread