Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hundreds of millions of dollars are pumped into video game marketing every year, it's just that now instead of buying ad time during commercial breaks or McDonald's toys it's much more effective to give out a few free copies of the game to some obnoxious assholes on twitch who have thousands of followers for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I have, at this point, enough youtube subscribers that I can probably get a key for most indie games if I ask, which is one reason why this summer sale i'm looking towards not-indie games. but I already have games to play, and i get games every month from Humble Monthly, so idk.

i actually think the "AAA pubs giving out keys to streamers" bubble is about to pop due to Youtube's acquiescence to advertisers to not display their ads on offensive content. supposedly BF1 and COD WW2 videos are having their ads deactivated and if that's any indication then I'd say most AAA games going forward will run into the same problem, at least the straight up murdery ones

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

haveblue posted:

Microsoft's secret weapon: Reboot of Blinx the Time Sweeper

You say this but the xbox one legit had a video game release in tyool 2017 which is a HD remaster of...

Voodoo Vince.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How does Voodoo Vince stack up to Crash

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How does Voodoo Vince stack up to Crash

Shiggy is getting hella damp

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The time is right for Playstation's mascot to return.

MR DOMINO

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I would like to play a new Ape Escape.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Id play a new intelligent qube staring nathan drake climbing on the cubes

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Impossible. Impossible!" Miyamoto whispered, "I saw - we all saw - saw what happened! There wasn't anything left to bury! How can this...?"

As the lightning flashes, Crash is seen standing just outside Miyamoto's window with a machete.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Setup has begun at E3

Let the leaks commence

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Remember Jak and Daxter?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

No thanks

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reset blacklist

RESET BLACKLIST

:f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Reset blacklist

RESET BLACKLIST

:f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5:

ANOTHER BOLT ON WONDERBOY LOOKIN TO GET SMOKED

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Metroid Federation Force HQ

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Funky Valentine posted:

"Impossible. Impossible!" Miyamoto whispered, "I saw - we all saw - saw what happened! There wasn't anything left to bury! How can this...?"

As the lightning flashes, Crash is seen standing just outside Miyamoto's window with a machete.

Lightning Crashes, a Mario cries
His foundations shook to the core
The biggest 90s franchise
The confusion sets in before Miyamoto can even take the floor

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That game sold like total rear end on 3ds didnt it?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remember Jak and Daxter?

I remember jak and daxter

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The time is right for Playstation's mascot to return.

MISTER MOSQUITO

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

a.lo posted:

Metroid Federation Force HQ

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The Road to E3 2017: Metroid Federation Appreciation Station

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

That game sold like total rear end on 3ds didnt it?

Yup but this might be a way of trying to recoup some costs, assuming it would be easy to port, and maybe they're hoping it'd sell better on a system which has reasonable controls for an FPS

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
If they port it to the Switch it might sell more than 20 copies

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Honestly if they wanted to make a bunch of money with Metroid all they would have to do shamelessly copy Warframe, but just replace the frames with Samus's suit variations.

Just give the players dynamic missions where you go around blowing up Space Pirate bases and metroid infestations. No story, all action.

poo poo you could even keep the same landing ship design since they basically stole that from metroid to begin with.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

or they could just make a metroid game

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Phantasium posted:

or they could just make a metroid game

Mods????

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Yup but this might be a way of trying to recoup some costs, assuming it would be easy to port, and maybe they're hoping it'd sell better on a system which has a limited library and thirsty fans

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
My uncle tells me that "Metroid" is the second most forbidden word at Nintendo HQ.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

1stGear posted:

My uncle tells me that "Metroid" is the second most forbidden word at Nintendo HQ.

What's the first?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

What's the first?

English mother 3

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

What's the first?
Bandicoot

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

What's the first?

Third-party

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

univbee posted:

Third-party

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

What's the first?

CreatingthePlaystationwasamistake.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Hey remember that time Knack outsold Mario?

Because I do

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What if it's part of a Metroid Prime collection? Federation Force, Hunters, and Pinball, all on one cartridge!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Pinball was actually good, swap it out for Other M

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

What if it's part of a Metroid Prime collection? Federation Force, Hunters, and Pinball, all on one cartridge!

Hunters is likely worse than fed force but i cant say for sure cause i learned from it and skipped fed force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

With a hidden trailer for Metroid: Other M 2: Otherer M

• Locked thread