Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SomeMathGuy posted:

Sadly, no, it was usually post-match theatrics.

Or pre match, or during, or post smacking Debra, or..........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jiro posted:

Or pre match, or during, or post smacking Debra, or..........

Rules for Stone Cold.
Do not take the beer - stunner
take the beer - stunner
Be his wife - punch

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

More funny panels, fewer reminders of our horrid modern reality.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Luthor, making fun of a 15 year-old girl's chest.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Jimmy Olsen

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Calm your tits, Eradicator.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Let some of us out!"
"Yeah, let... wait, some of us? Who the gently caress is some of us?"
"Shutttttt upppp and I'll put you on the list......"

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

This is the best single page of a comic I have ever seen. Everything is perfect.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Now that Superman mentions it, has there ever been a Computer Man in comics? That exact name I mean?

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Lobok posted:

Now that Superman mentions it, has there ever been a Computer Man in comics? That exact name I mean?

Uh, sort of?

http://heycomputerman.smackjeeves.com/comics/1183017/severed-head/

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I appreciate that Jimmy tells computer man "You were my best friend."

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

SleepCousinDeath posted:

This is the best single page of a comic I have ever seen. Everything is perfect.

No longer:

(Superman)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This is officially the worst use of a time machine I've ever seen.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lurdiak posted:

This is officially the worst use of a time machine I've ever seen.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Lex Luthor does not know how genetics work

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
My ridiculously circuitous plan is one quarter complete!

Zeeman posted:

Lex Luthor does not know how genetics work

He's a firm believer in nurture over nature.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly he could have just summed it up as "Superman, my plan is to bone your mother!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was back when Superman had this really bizarre rigid morality system where he couldn't do stuff like out and out lie to someone BUT he could lead Jimmy/Lois to believe they were crazy/gained superpowers/were just dreaming in order to get what he wanted.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Also, why does Lex's plan involve building a statue of Superman to show a baby?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lobok posted:

Well, there's this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYIkafDFa1I
Probably :nws: for Jack Black in underwear. And Dan Harmon writing.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly he could have just summed it up as "Superman, my plan is to bone your mother!"

And somehow I'd believed that this was an original idea (the comic linked to is fine, but Oglaf as a whole can be :nws:)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Zeeman posted:

Clearly a statue image will implant the subconscious idea of Superman in Kal-El's mind, thereby guaranteeing that he will grow up the same despite the alterations to the timeline. These are the sort of details you think of when you're the kind of super genius that travels back in time to become your archenemy's own father in order to stop him or... something.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Like at the very least just sabotage the drat rocket.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

So, this is the origin of Cyborg Superman.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lurdiak posted:

Don't even build the rocket! Just don't tell anybody about the imminent destruction and gently caress off on your time ship the day before the explosion.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Don't even build the rocket! Just don't tell anybody about the imminent destruction and gently caress off on your time ship the day before the explosion.

For Rao's sake, don't even have the Superman baby in the first place!

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Look if you folks can't understand basic science facts like why Lex Luthor has to become Superman's dad rather than simply prevent Superman from ever existing I see no reason why he ought to spell these details out for you, okay? He's got better things to do, such as Superman's mother.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

smashpro1 posted:

So, this is the origin of Cyborg Superman.

It's actually one of Superman's robots. He had closets full of them back then. How Jimmy didn't notice this when he was performing brain surgery on it I don't know. I have the actual comic and I can barely make sense of what's going on it's so convoluted, but it's all part of some sort of scheme by Brainiac. Long story short the Kandorians beat him up then the real Superman returns. Old Jimmy Olsen comics rule.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I wish you hadn't said that so I could continue to believe Superman was just throwing a tantrum and his robot stuff had zero effect on him and he was just using it as a bullshit excuse to be a dick.

I will NOT put my pants on! Pants mean nothing to a computer!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That's basically 95% of older Superman comics, really. Golden/Silver Age had a, uh... tenuous grasp on reality and sanity.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

I mean, maybe he'd need to ensure that Superman exists so he'd have a reason to build a time machine and travel back to create Superman?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zeeman posted:

Lurdiak posted:

Ghostlight posted:

Lex Luther is trying to beat Superman in his present, if he fucks with the time stream too much his present doesn't exist anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whole lot of people talking like they know some poo poo but are any of you the greatest criminal mind of our time?

I didn't think so.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm Karl Rove so yes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

I'm Karl Rove so yes.

I have a ban button. Don't tempt me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

I have a ban button. Don't tempt me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well now you've gone and done it. I can ban you for posting an edit and my conscience is clean Rove!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

Well now you've gone and done it. I can ban you for posting an edit and my conscience is clean Rove!

Nooooooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39BIWX9JsXg&t=4950s

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

IDGI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Click on it.